NFL Demonstrations

Page 4 of 14<1234567>Last »
September 29th, 2017 at 7:29:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Nareed

Lately it seems to be the position of the dominant political forces that black people cannot ever protest in a way they find acceptable.

And that's much more disrespectful of the principles and ideals represented by America, than it would be to use the flag instead of toilet paper.

I have to agree
I used to live near DC
Seen just about every protest there is
The knee protest is the most passive protest I have ever seen.
Look the other way, you never knew it happened
You gotta be a real snowflake to be offended.
I also believe the intense angry fury is due to protesters being Black
Integration in football was not done because its the right thing to do, it was done to win games
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 29th, 2017 at 7:46:08 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

I also believe the intense angry fury is due to protesters being Black

I wish I had $1 for every time a liberal uses the "because he/she/they are black" excuse.

I could buy the state of CA, give it to the Chinese, and still have enough left over to rent every room at Wynn for the rest of my life.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2017 at 10:48:30 AM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Where are you at? Usually they are. It is big city liberal mayors who make the stadium decisions, along with their liberal councils.

Not always. Jerry World is subsidized by the conservative city of Arlington. The deal was approved by referendum. The bonds are almost paid off, but the Arlington taxpayers have enjoyed the buggering so much they don't want it to stop. They have now approved a $500M gift to the Texas Rangers to replace the stadium that they built for them in the nineties.

The conservative town of Frisco, about 30 miles North of Dallas saw the constant hammering that Arlington was taking and just had to get in on the action. They forked over $115M to Jerry to get the Cowboys practice facility to relocate there. (Queue Alan Iverson) Not the game, we talkin about PRACTICE!! But Jerry is giving back very generously. He's letting the Frisco school district play high school games there. All they had to do was give him $30 mil. That's right, $30 million paid directly from Frisco schools to Jerry Jones.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
September 29th, 2017 at 11:01:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: JimRockford
Not always. Jerry World is subsidized by the conservative city of Arlington. The deal was approved by referendum. The bonds are almost paid off, but the Arlington taxpayers have enjoyed the buggering so much they don't want it to stop. They have now approved a $500M gift to the Texas Rangers to replace the stadium that they built for them in the nineties.

The conservative town of Frisco, about 30 miles North of Dallas saw the constant hammering that Arlington was taking and just had to get in on the action. They forked over $115M to Jerry to get the Cowboys practice facility to relocate there. (Queue Alan Iverson) Not the game, we talkin about PRACTICE!! But Jerry is giving back very generously. He's letting the Frisco school district play high school games there. All they had to do was give him $30 mil. That's right, $30 million paid directly from Frisco schools to Jerry Jones.

Didn't say always, just usually. With sports expansion since the 1990s you would think there would be less of this what with fewer cities to play off against each other. Maybe we get some long-lasting effect from all of this so next NFL team threatens to leave the town gives a big "MEH" to it all.
The President is a fink.
September 29th, 2017 at 11:05:18 AM permalink
JimRockford
Didn't say always, just usually. With sports expansion since the 1990s you would think there would be less of this what with fewer cities to play off against each other. Maybe we get some long-lasting effect from all of this so next NFL team threatens to leave the town gives a big "MEH" to it all.

The owners have it figured out in Dallas. They pit suburb against city against suburb. They don't even have to threaten to abandon their loyal fan base.
September 29th, 2017 at 11:55:11 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I wish I had $1 for every time a liberal uses the "because he/she/they are black" excuse.
UN says Blacks in America deserve reparations, https://ibankcoin.com/#sthash.yqnophLD.dpbs
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 29th, 2017 at 1:00:01 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Wonder if this is accurate? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-29/nfl-favorability-crashes

From link: "A new report from The Armstrong and Getty Radio Show has sent shockwaves throughout the sports world after it was claimed that members of the NFL’s Oakland Raiders may have purposefully allowed their star quarterback to get sacked multiple times after he refused to kneel during the National Anthem.

If true, this would essentially mean that an NFL football game was illegally thrown over anger that one of the teams star white players did not believe that kneeling during the nation’s anthem was the correct way to protest supposed racial injustice in America."

Oh my, “This is one hell of a scandal with the NFL, could ruin the whole league,” claimed the show before detailing the fact that Carr was sacked two times in a row on the teams second drive and that the team’s usually dependable center snapped the ball at the wrong time in three different instances. Extremely capable receivers also made multiple “weird” drops of passes thrown by Carr that T.V. announcers even noted at the time.

The radio show then revealed bombshell “insider information” from an “extremely reliable” source who claimed that members of the Oakland Raiders did indeed throw the game as a sort of punishment for Carr choosing to not use the countries anthem to make a political statement."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 29th, 2017 at 1:16:29 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
Wonder if this is accurate? http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-29/nfl-favorability-crashes

From link: "A new report from The Armstrong and Getty Radio Show has sent shockwaves throughout the sports world after it was claimed that members of the NFL’s Oakland Raiders may have purposefully allowed their star quarterback to get sacked multiple times after he refused to kneel during the National Anthem.

If true, this would essentially mean that an NFL football game was illegally thrown over anger that one of the teams star white players did not believe that kneeling during the nation’s anthem was the correct way to protest supposed racial injustice in America."

Oh my, “This is one hell of a scandal with the NFL, could ruin the whole league,” claimed the show before detailing the fact that Carr was sacked two times in a row on the teams second drive and that the team’s usually dependable center snapped the ball at the wrong time in three different instances. Extremely capable receivers also made multiple “weird” drops of passes thrown by Carr that T.V. announcers even noted at the time.

The radio show then revealed bombshell “insider information” from an “extremely reliable” source who claimed that members of the Oakland Raiders did indeed throw the game as a sort of punishment for Carr choosing to not use the countries anthem to make a political statement."

ROTFL
"shockwaves" ??????????
How about a big yawn
Its a total non story. No shockwaves
Its a BS what if story
lol
Conservative snowflakes so upset with a knee, they are turning to a what if story. Too funny
This is right up there with EB's super secret fantasy tiny local Uber forum. Lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 29th, 2017 at 3:28:22 PM permalink
terapined
Charlie Daniels tweeted Sep 27
"I would ordinarily be watching Thursday Night Football, but for some reason I’m not"

hmm
Is Charlie boycotting football?
Maybe not. Hey Charlie, you tweeted the above Weds night.
ROTFL
September 29th, 2017 at 3:39:30 PM permalink
JimRockford
Quote: terapined
Charlie Daniels tweeted Sep 27
"I would ordinarily be watching Thursday Night Football, but for some reason I’m not"

hmm
Is Charlie boycotting football?
Maybe not. Hey Charlie, you tweeted the above Weds night.
ROTFL

Heard an interview with Charlie Daniels a few months ago. He said it took him 12 years to write his autobiography because he couldn't find a stopping place.
Page 4 of 14<1234567>Last »