Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 61234>Last »
June 19th, 2017 at 3:56:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Features Ellen Barkin and leader of a San Diego crime family. I just watched Season One. Hard to keep track of who was who but its basically three generations of criminals whose slogan is may we always get what we want but never what we deserve.

Lots of nudity and underage drug use. Lots of sub plots. Some closeted gays provide sub plots. Sexual activity between Barkin and just about every male is suggested but not confirmed. This includes sons and grand sons. Some lesbian scenes are included as Barkin seeks information on mysterious man from her past.

Apparently this was on TV for an entire season and I never even heard of it. Certainly would have been put off by the title as I would have thought it was a nature program of some sort.

Its now I think three episodes into season two, but only season one is free on amazon prime.

Airs tuesday nights???????
June 19th, 2017 at 4:33:18 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Isn't this the show where the genetically modified animals start preying on humans?
June 19th, 2017 at 6:47:22 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Ayecarumba
Isn't this the show where the genetically modified animals start preying on humans?
No, not at all. Its the tale of a matriarch of a crime family but I found much of it confusing as to who was who and exactly what was happening.

I do know that the opening episode featured kidnapped tweakers bound and gagged in a stolen car all night so as to supply the crime lab with bodily fluid samples that were not those of the actual perpetrators. I do happen to know that such things are indeed becoming more popular with the criminal element. So it seemed to be a good show from that aspect. Criminals collecting cigarette butts and leaving them in cars or at crime scenes, etc. Adds to crime lab work load and provides false clues to be tracked down.
June 19th, 2017 at 7:16:24 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Season 1 was great. So complex it's hard to describe the plot to strangers in just one sentence. Loved the finale with Pope's rage finally coming to the surface. Hard to tell this season if he's feeling remorse by getting chummy with the church girl (is he seeking absolution for what he done?) or is he still a criminal planning the Big Heist?

Very well-done show. Can't just jump into it though, gotta see S1 first to grasp the relationship between all the family.
June 19th, 2017 at 11:09:51 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
Lots of nudity and underage drug use.

Thandie Newton had this to say about the extreme amount of nudity in Westworld:

I read the pilot first and was a bit confused because there was a lot of violence, a lot of objectification of women — saloon hookers and savages and so forth. The pilot’s political incorrectness was so extreme that made me sit up, especially since [showrunner] Jonathan Nolan is the most evolved feminist I know. [Fellow showrunner] Lisa Joy is a complete badass. They’re fabulous and both represent diversity and politics for women’s rights.

So I met them on Skype and they explained how Westworld is aiming to show what human beings are capable of — that depravity — and subverting it. Artificial intelligence comments on human behavior, and that’s the real hook of the show. We can show all these things because they’re also going to be questioned. They’re going to be challenged and the real consequences will come to bear. So I was in!

The nudity does jump from sexy to creepy at times.
June 20th, 2017 at 4:26:45 AM permalink
Fleastiff
In one scene one of the 'uncles' (the viewpoint is from 'J' the 17 year old) shoves two naked drugged-out hookers off him and gets up for a morning cup of coffee walking around the living room naked. Set decoratorations and furniture block his genitals from camera view but the several other people in the room are fully clothed and unconcerned. As might be suspected, the hookers were "cover" for his being in the closet.
June 20th, 2017 at 4:26:45 AM permalink
Fleastiff
I hope I didn't just post a spoiler.

Overall, I enjoyed the show I just wondered about certain things. Particularly the motivation behind the death of the owner of that garage full of classic cars. Was he a former father figure? Former molester? Did he kill her mother or did a store owner kill her during a robbery?

Was it an abandonment issue?? Your mother just croaked, goodby kid.
June 26th, 2017 at 11:57:51 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Why was J's tape considered powerful? It seems rather tame.
June 28th, 2017 at 3:41:41 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Watched it last night.

With a show that is so heavily involved with prior episodes I feel like an outsider watching it.
June 28th, 2017 at 1:31:20 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Hey flea how can you afford amazon prime? I'm calling B.S.
Page 1 of 61234>Last »