Wonder Woman spoiler discussion thread

Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>
June 13th, 2017 at 4:15:59 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
Have you tried not being patronizing?

Have you tried not being insulting, asking me if I know things that are plainly obvious?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 13th, 2017 at 4:23:35 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
That's because you have issues with
women. We all want them to like us
but we don't know how to make that
work. I've given up, I don't care anymore
if they like me or not, it's not worth the
effort.

No. I don't understand the Loop Quantum Gravity theory either, but it doesn't mean I have issues with it.

Regarding Dean Martin, I don't really care if any particular person likes me or not. My philosophy is "be yourself," if someone doesn't like me for who I am, there are still billions of other people on earth. Not every single one of them has to like me. Unlike Dean, this attitude hasn't helped me with women. I don't think it is the indifference that women liked about Dean. It was that he was handsome, famous, funny, and rich.
June 13th, 2017 at 5:51:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Wizard
. Regarding Dean Martin, I don't really care if any particular person likes me or not.

But you do, we all do to some extent.
Dean truly did not, and his friends
knew it. He was impossible to get close
to, he was 100% loner. The point about
women was, if they rejected him it
didn't matter to him one way or the
other. He'd just find another one. All
this is covered in his biographies, his
ex's all say actually knowing who Dean
was deep inside wasn't possible.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 13th, 2017 at 6:09:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
It was that he was handsome, famous, funny, and rich.

Most famous and moderately wealthy people automatically have more opportunity. Gary Coleman probably always attracted some women until he fell on hard times and started working as a security guard.

But you can't always say someone is luckier because potential partners may be showing up for the fame or wealth and not anything else.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 13th, 2017 at 6:37:34 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
Most famous and moderately wealthy people automatically have more opportunity. Gary Coleman probably always attracted some women until he fell on hard times and started working as a security guard.

I agree 100%. With all due respect to FrG, I think our motives and thinking are primal in nature. Look at most kinds of monkeys and apes. All the females are attracted to the few most powerful males. Thus a few males get many mates and most males get none. Likewise, women are attracted to men with power and money. What those men look like is much less important, but still plays into it, of course. I don't know how many notches are in Gary Coleman's bed but I'm sure he added a lot while he was still famous and rich.
June 13th, 2017 at 7:33:27 PM permalink
zippyboy
Threads: 2
Difference between men & women: women are looking for that one man who can fulfill her every want and need.

Men are looking for every woman who can fulfill his one want and need.
June 13th, 2017 at 7:47:34 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
But you do, we all do to some extent.
Dean truly did not, and his friends
knew it. He was impossible to get close
to, he was 100% loner. The point about
women was, if they rejected him it
didn't matter to him one way or the
other. He'd just find another one. All
this is covered in his biographies, his
ex's all say actually knowing who Dean
was deep inside wasn't possible.

This describes a very sad existence.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 13th, 2017 at 9:48:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
This describes a very sad existence.

For who? Dean wasn't sad at all, it's the
people around him that didn't like it.
The reason Lewis and Martin split at
the top of their career together was
Jerry was hugely ambitious and Dean
just wasn't. Jerry wanted to work 7
days a week and Dean wanted to
play golf every day. They eventually
had a falling out and split. Dean
went off on a career of his own and
so did Jerry.

When NBC offered Dean a TV show
in the late 60's Dean said no because
it would interfere with his golf. He
told them he would do it only if
he never had to come in to rehearse,
they filmed the whole show in one
afternoon, and always did it in
one take. NBC agreed and the
show was a huge success for years.

Dean adlibbed his way thru all the
skits, sang the songs half heartedly,
goofed around, and the audience
loved it. All because he didn't care
what they thought, he just wanted
to go play golf.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 27th, 2017 at 12:21:55 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Exactly, that is them having issues with me. The only thing I can talk about with women is trivia questions, math puzzles, and magic tricks. I'm working on a fourth -- fortune telling. It is my fault I don't know what else to say.

I suspect that you are being overly modest.

=======================
While "Wonder Woman" did not have nearly huge opening that the other DC Extended Universe films did
Suicide Squad
Man of Steel
Batman v Superman

Batman v Superman sold 21 million tickets the first four days to Wonder Woman's 13 million.

But word of mouth has been tremendous and Wonder Woman is now slightly ahead three weeks later 35.99 million to 35.66 million. The character seems to have firmly placed herself in the DC pantheon, and Gal Gadot will probably make films for at least a decade.

Hugh Jackman was age 31 when he first appeared as Wolverine in film. After 17 years he was due to retire from playing the character, but the $600 million boxoffice for a film that cost less than $100 million to produce will probably mean that they will pay him enough to continue.
Hugh Jackman 12 October 1968 (age 48) Wolverine

So now the question comes up as to how long these actors can keep the franchise going.

Gal Gadot April 30, 1985 (age 32) Wonder Woman
Henry Cavill 5 May 1983 (age 34) Superman
Ben Affleck August 15, 1972 (age 44) Batman
Jason Momoa August 1, 1979 (age 37) Aquaman

The untested fourth is Jason Momoa as Aquaman. Jason has never been in a successful film and began his career with disastrous remake of Conan the Barbarian in 2011.

Being cast in a sword and sandals film is not a deal killer in and of itself. Henry Cavill's first big screen hit was "Immortals" before he was cast as Superman.

Gal Gadot was in the Fast and Furious films before being cast as Wonder Woman. Ben Affleck, of course, had nearly 3 dozen films with many hits before being cast as Batman (despite the Daredevil disaster).

But Jason Momoa not only was in only one big film, a sword and sandals epic, but it was an unqualified disaster.
June 27th, 2017 at 6:31:01 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin
But Jason Momoa not only was in only one big film, a sword and sandals epic, but it was an unqualified disaster.

He had a multi-year run in Stargate Atlantis playing Ronon Dex. The role wasn't too dissimilar to a superhero's.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>