The Trump Impeachment Thread

September 24th, 2019 at 7:30:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph
I just see her as the most patriotic anti war Democrat potus candidate.

If I had to pick a Democrat that stood tallest for our country as of this time it would be her. Obviously the DNC thinks differently.

As far as to whether or not you should know her, I don't want to make that judgement, stick with the Dead afaic.

Ok
Taking a look at her. It's a big jump from a House seat to President. Prefer candidates that have won statewide campaigns or have more name recognition.
https://www.politico.com/2020-election/candidates-views-on-the-issues/tulsi-gabbard/
Overall I agree with her a lot
Here is where we differ
Capital punishment. I am ok with it as long as we are 100% certain of guilt
Don't support 15 min wage
Study reparations. No
Don't believe college should be free.
Don't want existing nuclear plants shut down
Mixed feelings on bring the troops home. I am not an isolationist but I don't want to see another war. Kind of in the middle here.
I don't think the tech companies should be broken up. I was a little taken aback by this view of hers
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 24th, 2019 at 8:12:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I think the thing that is most important to our country is the debt. Even if a candidate doesn't want to deal with that, they are going to have to.

There are easy things for Trumps opponents to zero in on that imo might attract voters, but the party that isn't in power is going from one losing topic to the next. Russiagate was never going to oust the prez. Biden is knee deep in Ukraine, and Pelosi wants to take the democrats that direction? That's silly.

Why aren't they honing in on the trillion dollar deficits? Wasting all this time, effort and money on Biden is a loser. Bernie is too frumpy and already had his chance, he surrendered it. Warren has some hole cards that draw voters, but much of the country isn't going to forgive her for her heritage claim, which Trump will zero in on. This could be the "year of the woman", but not Warren. She's already 70 and 18 months of hard campaigning would exhaust a much younger person.

If this is all the Democrats have to offer, they will lose, and you will have another Trump admin. If the dems don't run a viable candidate, we may be here in two years saying the same things, with the liberals still hating on Trump and him making bombastic tweets day after day. If nothing ever changes, nothing will change.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 25th, 2019 at 1:13:40 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Trivia time

Quote:
There are 91 public schools named after John F. Kennedy, 73 named after Thomas Jefferson and 13 named after Barack Obama. (In total, the U.S. had 99,354 public schools, according to the most recent count.)

But when it comes to former President Richard Nixon, who resigned amid scandal in 1974, just two public schools across the country bear his name, according to the Department of Education.

Both Richard M. Nixon Elementary School in Hiawatha, Iowa and Nixon Elementary School in Landing, N.J. were named while Nixon was still in office, and they’ve both kept their names in the more than four decades since, despite occasional pushes for change.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 25th, 2019 at 1:24:02 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
Trivia time

My nephew went to Barbara Bush Elementary school
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 25th, 2019 at 1:26:15 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
I think the thing that is most important to our country is the debt. Even if a candidate doesn't want to deal with that, they are going to have to.

I agree
That's why I used to vote republican
I'm a fiscal conservative and a social liberal
With exploding budgets under republicans, I see no reason to vote republican
September 25th, 2019 at 5:43:01 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Seriously, Rudy Giuliani can't keep his mouth shut. He can't keep a secret.

Rudy's Biden research should have been top secret until after Biden had been officially nominated.

We've known about Rudy & Ukraine since May 2019. Rudy went on Sean Hannity's show on May 14, 2019 to talk about this scandal! Memo to Rudy: don't let Warren, Harris, Bernie, Buttigieg, Beto etc know what you're up to.

Don't show us your cards at the beginning of the poker game, dummie.

Wait 'til Biden wins a primary or 2 or 10 before we find out what you're up to.
September 26th, 2019 at 10:16:04 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
If the past 36 hours have taught us anything, it's that the people who said "Donald wants the Dems to start impeachment proceedings against him because it'll be politically advantageous for him" were out of their minds.

Just look at his Twitter. He's spiraling.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 26th, 2019 at 10:29:05 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: ams288
If the past 36 hours have taught us anything, it's that the people who said "Donald wants the Dems to start impeachment proceedings against him because it'll be politically advantageous for him" were out of their minds.

Just look at his Twitter. He's spiraling.

Yup
#PresidentPelosi is trending on twitter

Now the swatter wants to have a serious conservation since Trump is seriously imploding now. Too funny
September 26th, 2019 at 12:26:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Anybody see Adam Schitt fabricate
the entire conversation Trump had?
These people are insane. He finally
had to say it was just a 'parody'.
No it wasn't.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 26th, 2019 at 12:29:32 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Anybody see Adam Schitt fabricate
the entire conversation Trump had?
These people are insane. He finally
had to say it was just a 'parody'.
No it wasn't.

“In essence” didn’t clue you guys in???
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman