The Trump Impeachment Thread

May 12th, 2018 at 12:33:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
When people say Trump's 4 billion or whatever his current wealth is, is proof of his talent, perhaps he should've been 3 times richer if he hadn't been a deluded troglodyte. That is also possible.

As real estate investor, Trump is not in top ten, or top twenty. Number 36. In his area of expertise. He's also used up most of his working years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erincarlyle/2016/03/14/the-20-richest-real-estate-barons-in-the-world-2016/#2985c2176540
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 12th, 2018 at 6:36:07 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
This list was put together a few years ago, but the Donald might not make the top 6.

THE 20 RICHEST WORLD LEADERS
20. David Cameron, $6.3 million Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
19. Barack Obama, $10.1 million President of the United States
18. Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, $12.9 million President of Argentina
17. King Harald V, $17.3 million King of Norway
16. John Key, $38.7 million Prime Minister of New Zealand
15. Carl XVI Gustaf, $42 million King of Sweden
14. Mswati III, $100 million King of Swaziland
13. Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, $350 million Emir of Kuwait
12. Elizabeth II, $450 million Queen of the Commonwealth
11. Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo, $600 million President of Equatorial Guinea
10. Qaboos bin Said al Said, $700 million Sultan of Oman
9. Nursultan Nazarbayev, $1 billion President of Kazakhstan
8. Albert II, $1 billion Prince of Monaco
7. Mohammed VI, $2.5 billion King of Morocco
6. Hans-Adam II, $4 billion Prince of Liechtenstein
5. Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, $4 billion Prime Minster of the United Arab Emirates
4. Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, $15 billion President of the United Arab Emirates
3. Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, $18 billion King of Saudi Arabia
2. Hassanal Bolkiah, $20 billion Sultan of Brunei
1. Bhumibol Adulyadej, $30 billion King of Thailand

2018 rank #766 Donald Trump $3.1 B
May 12th, 2018 at 9:17:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
the Donald might not make the top 6.

7th isn't bad when you consider the
others are all inherited wealth and
Trump's was gotten thru his own
hard work.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 13th, 2018 at 1:23:56 AM permalink
Pacomartin

Hans II who has a net worth of $4 billion is monarch of Liechtenstein, population of 38 thousand and GDP of$5.3 billion.

Most European constitutional monarchies employ a parliamentary system in which the Monarch may have strictly Ceremonial duties or may have Reserve Powers, the Prince of Liechtenstein has broad powers, which include the appointment of judges, the dismissal of ministers or government, veto power, and the calling of referendums. The veto power of referendums is the power that some people object to the most, but in 2012 76% of the population did not vote with a proposal to curtail the Prince's power.

His 22 year old grandson would be the legal heir to the throne of United Kingdom if the Catholic line had not been forcibly removed in 1688.

James II had become monarch on 6 February 1685 at the age of 52. Although he had been married to a younger Catholic bride for 12 years, up until his coronation, they had no children. The English people probably would have tolerated an old Catholic man for the rest of his life, he gave birth to a son on 10 June 1688. The British people did not want a Catholic dynasty and he was forced out of the country.

The Protestant daughter of James II by his first wife, was age 22 when he became monarch. She would have been his heir, but Parliament brought her and her husband into the throne when she got a Catholic step brother.
May 14th, 2018 at 4:46:58 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
I'm getting way off topic here, but is there any member of this forum who can speak to any religion other than Christianity and Judaism? I have a genuine interest in learning about other religions and would be interested to start up a knowledge-seeking thread. Personally, I know a thing or two about Buddhism (although I keep forgetting how to spell it) but not nearly enough to lead an intelligent discussion about it.

I can mostly just explain a little about what I learned on the Hare Khrisna (sp?) klan. Start a thread if you like as I usually have this one blocked.
The President is a fink.
May 15th, 2018 at 3:13:50 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64
So, Nareed is in a "suicide by cop" or "go down in a blaze of (misguided) glory" and is going to keep breaking the rules and poking at you and others with the end goal of being banned.

"Impressive. Every word in that sentence was wrong." Luke Skywalker, Jedi Master.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 15th, 2018 at 3:19:01 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
I can mostly just explain a little about what I learned on the Hare Khrisna (sp?) klan. Start a thread if you like as I usually have this one blocked.

Interesting! Do you know the whole chant? I do. It's kind of catchy, I can see how people can get into singing it over and over for hours.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 15th, 2018 at 3:45:45 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
I'm perplexed too.

But it's so obvious, it should be like a massive supernova going off two nanometers from your cornea.

If you need a hint,a clue should be available in my sig.

Note 1: I am not comparing it to the power, energy, violence or luminosity of a massive supernova, but saying it was as obvious as the power, energy, violence or luminosity of a massive supernova going off two nanometers from your cornea; i.e. it should be that hard to miss.

Note 2: the preceding Note 1 was not intended as an insult to anyone living or dead, any inferences you draw are your own responsibility.

Note 3: the preceding Note 2 was not intended as an insult to anyone living or dead, any inferences you draw are your own responsibility.

Note 4: the preceding Note 3 was not intended as an insult to anyone living or dead, any inferences you draw are your own responsibility.

Note 5: the preceding Note 4 was not intended as an insult to anyone living or dead, any inferences you draw are your own responsibility.

[..]

Note 9,999,999,999,999: the preceding Note 9,999,999,999,998 was not intended as an insult to anyone living or dead, any inferences you draw are your own responsibility.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 15th, 2018 at 4:01:48 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Back to Trump
I see Kim is now making more demands to meet
I think Kim is playing Trump
Kim knows Trump needs this more then himself
Will Trump play along and placate Kim or will Trump go hardline
Hard to tell
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 20th, 2018 at 7:28:15 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: Nareed
But it's so obvious, it should be like a massive supernova going off two nanometers from your cornea.

I'm still not sure why such extreme statements are necessary to make your point.

I understand that AMLO is considered as having a lock on the Presidential Race in July. I was told that President Trump really had very little influence on the Mexican Presidential election.

High Profile events just before election day.
June 8–9, 2018 Canada La Malbaie The 44th G7 summit at the Manoir Richelieu.
June 12, 2018 Singapore Central Area Trump is scheduled to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un for the 2018 North Korea–United States summit.
July 1, 2018 Mexican general election

Transmisión del Poder Ejecutivo Federal is December 1.

The first G20 summit in Latin America is scheduled 30 Nov – 1 Dec 2018 (Friday-Saturday). According to Wikipedia the new Mexican President will attend. Is that your understanding as well? I don't know how he flies to Argentina the day before inauguration.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_G20_Buenos_Aires_summit