No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 23rd, 2022 at 6:33:30 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Quote: fleaswatter
I'm sorry to disappoint the loser lefties but there is no Trump-DeSantis feud, it is fake news.

But there's a good chance it will become reality one day.

I don’t know if Trump has the ability to debate, or campaign, without using insults instead of arguments. Often his insults could be turned into arguments for or against something, and his position even correct or better than the other one, but he is just not good at doing that.
January 23rd, 2022 at 8:30:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: RonC
I'm sorry to disappoint the loser lefties but there is no Trump-DeSantis feud, it is fake news.

I don’t know if Trump has the ability to debate, or campaign, without using insults instead of arguments. Often his insults could be turned into arguments for or against something, and his position even correct or better than the other one, but he is just not good at doing that.

I can’t tell you how disappointed I’ll be if 2024 is Trump v Biden 2. I know many dislike Desantis almost as much as Trump, but at least he is much younger. 2.5 years is a long time. If the Dems had to start the nomination process today I think they would be quick to try and oust Biden as their nominee.
January 23rd, 2022 at 9:07:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO

I can’t tell you how disappointed I’ll be if 2024 is Trump v Biden 2. I know many dislike Desantis almost as much as Trump, but at least he is much younger. 2.5 years is a long time. If the Dems had to start the nomination process today I think they would be quick to try and oust Biden as their nominee.

Most of Trump's skeletons' should be out of the closet by then, though I'm not underestimating his core supporters' ability to see nothing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2022 at 9:23:35 AM permalink
RonC

Most of Trump's skeletons' should be out of the closet by then, though I'm not underestimating his core supporters' ability to see nothing.

No matter. If all the skeletons they are seeking now come out or don’t pan out with him in a jumpsuit matching his hair, they will make up some new ones…

The dossier lived through a whole administration practically because the press and the Dems were trying to lead to a given conclusion rather than actually questioning the veracity of the dossier first.
January 23rd, 2022 at 10:14:14 AM permalink
rxwine

No matter. If all the skeletons they are seeking now come out or don’t pan out with him in a jumpsuit matching his hair, they will make up some new ones…

The dossier lived through a whole administration practically because the press and the Dems were trying to lead to a given conclusion rather than actually questioning the veracity of the dossier first.

Yup, nothing came of the Russian investigation except indictments all around him.

Quote:
Mueller decided not to indict the president. The reason, he said, is a Justice Department opinion issued during the Watergate scandal. It says that a sitting president cannot be indicted. This is internal agency policy from 1973, not a law or court ruling.

Doesn't sound like the President is clearly innocent, just sounds like an exception for Presidents.

Quote:
Because of this policy, on the issue of obstruction, Mueller put his conclusion this way:

Robert Mueller:

If we had had confidence that the president clearly didn't commit a crime, we would have said so. We did not, however, make a determination as to whether the president did commit a crime.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 23rd, 2022 at 10:17:09 AM permalink
rxwine
The sentence that every Trump apologist ignores.

Quote:
If we had had confidence that the president clearly didn't commit a crime, we would have said so. We did not, however, make a determination as to whether the president did commit a crime

-Robert Mueller
January 23rd, 2022 at 10:24:14 AM permalink
RonC
The sentence that every Trump apologist ignores.

There is not a way to indict the President and try a case if he is indicted?

They did it twice.
January 26th, 2022 at 9:17:16 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: JCW09
Breyer better step down soon before he "Ginsburg's" the Dems again!
I'll say it again, you Dems are just so bad at this.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 17th, 2022 at 2:49:13 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny (and his two eldest hellspawn) ordered to sit for depositions in Letitia James’ investigation into their financial house of cards.

Poor guy, hope he doesn’t perjure himself!

I suspect I will soon have to dig up the clips of what Donny said about people who plead the 5th…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 17th, 2022 at 3:46:38 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Donny (and his two eldest hellspawn) ordered to sit for depositions in Letitia James’ investigation into their financial house of cards.

Poor guy, hope he doesn’t perjure himself!

I suspect I will soon have to dig up the clips of what Donny said about people who plead the 5th…

There was a deposition a few years back with him regarding some restaurant contract in some building he owned (don't remember the details), but it was a trainwreck.

Depositions are great, because you have to answer the questions, even if there is an objection it is only for the record, and you still must answer (some exceptions for privilege), so there is nowhere to hide, you just have to answer every question to the best of your ability and pray that it ends eventually.

Trump likes to answer questions in his own way, which is not great, when they can sit there and re-ask the precise question for six hours if they want until you answer it properly (its not like a media interview where you can give some fluffy answer "its great, so great" until the time elapses whenever there is an uncomfortable topic....)

This is a pretty epic deposition (not Trump, but an equal trainwreck):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSxAL4qLhW4&t=5797s

(Though to be fair to everyone most depositions are amusingly awkward to watch, because normal people are not used to the format so its easy to be thrown off after hours of seemingly random questions, but its even worse for people like Trump and religious leaders who are not used to being forced to give straight answers to basic questions). Though I have a feeling this new Trump deposition will be particularly entertaining.