No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

May 21st, 2020 at 6:30:30 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
For those interested, here is the writ of mandamus filed by Sidney Powell, Gen. Flynn's attorney - it is well argued and well written

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6894721-Petition-Filed.html
May 22nd, 2020 at 3:00:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
This is what I wrote my Republican Senator.

Quote:
Are washrags like yourself ever going to speak out about the Trump administration removing anyone under the administration's purview who does an investigation, or testifies against said administration or are you just going to keep wiping?

How do you think that will go over?

Well, he never did shit on anything when I asked nicely, so probably no loss either way.

How many people did the Obama administration fire for investigating him or his compadres while he was in office?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 22nd, 2020 at 3:20:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
This is what I wrote my Republican Senator.

How do you think that will go over?

Well, he never did shit on anything when I asked nicely, so probably no loss either way.

How many people did the Obama administration fire for investigating him or his compadres while he was in office?

Depends if their term is up in 2020 and they are in a purple state
If yes to both questions, senator might listen. If the answer is no to one question, what you wrote is going into the trash
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 23rd, 2020 at 2:44:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Donny went golfing today.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 23rd, 2020 at 2:47:39 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

Lol
If confronted with the hypocrisy, will claim the question is nasty
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 23rd, 2020 at 4:46:24 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Just proves he is capable of learning. He must have studied Obama and his Presidency, and has decided to adopt some of his successful techniques.

(Did I type that with a straight face?)
May 24th, 2020 at 5:53:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
I have never had a problem, in general, with Presidents enjoying leisure time. I don't care how much golf Obama played; nor do I care that Trump played a round recently.

The tweet from Trump, taken in context, was about President Obama playing golf immediately after speaking about the beheading of James Foley.

"In an interview that aired Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press," Obama said he "should have anticipated the optics" because "part of the job is the theater of it," conceding "it's not something that comes naturally" to him."

https://www.cnn.com/2014/09/07/politics/obama-golfing-optics/index.html

There are always optics to things. The President, whoever it is, has a zillion things going on. There are long periods of crisis--times of war, recovery from storms, diseases, etc. While it is fair to assess and debate the overall handling of the issue, a round of golf in the middle of months (or, in war, years) of crisis hardly seems like a big deal.

Perhaps Obama should not have played that day. That does not mean he should not have played any day. Crisis is something that Presidents have to deal with all the time. Should not be allowed to anything they enjoy for the totality of any crisis?
May 24th, 2020 at 5:57:57 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Oof. Starting to look more and more like Jabba the Hutt.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 24th, 2020 at 7:14:28 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83

I thought the left was anti-_____-shaming

Where is your biting wit re: Jerry Nadler?
May 24th, 2020 at 8:33:36 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: aceofspades

I thought the left was anti-_____-shaming

Where is your biting wit re: Jerry Nadler?

Trump looks like your typical early 70's generally out of shape guy, but he is apparently coordinated enough to be a great golfer. (We don't have to talk about if he cheats or not now!)

Didn't Nadler have bariatric surgery, successful, and lost a ton of weight? It will be interesting if Stacey Abrams gets the VP nod, how inappropriate the shamers will be?