Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
The base is already energized

Not like it would be if they
tried impeachment. You think
Trump rallies are packed now,
there will be 10's of thousands
who can't even get inside.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 24th, 2019 at 11:31:26 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Not like it would be if they
tried impeachment. You think
Trump rallies are packed now,
there will be 10's of thousands
who can't even get inside.

Doesn’t he already always claim there are 10s of thousands who couldn’t get in? lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 24th, 2019 at 12:07:39 PM permalink
ams288
Donny tweets that he will release the full transcript of his call with the Ukraine prez tomorrow.

Who cares? This is about the whistleblower complaint, not one single transcript.
September 24th, 2019 at 12:21:03 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Donny tweets that he will release the full transcript of his call with the Ukraine prez tomorrow.

Who cares? This is about the whistleblower complaint, not one single transcript.

Exactly
I want to see the whistle blower complaint
I think its pretty shocking that conservatives are not complaining.
I would imagine the Right wants to guarantee that any whistle blower complaint against a Dem President gets investigated
Damm straight I want whistle blower protections. What if the Dem president goes nuts like Trump, we need the whistle blower to protect the American people from a crazy President regardless if the President is a Dem or REP
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 24th, 2019 at 12:33:24 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
If Trump were even more clever he would come out against himself so the libs would vote for him to piss him off.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
September 24th, 2019 at 12:50:22 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
The base is already energized for Donny. That ~35% will vote for him no matter what. Impeachment won’t gain him a single vote from the base.

Clinton was impeached in his second term for lying about a blow job. This is completely different.

I disagree strongly that impeachment won't garner Trump more votes from his base. If his base expected turnout is now 90%, I think it goes up a few points if he gets impeached. And I also think there are some who don't like Trump at all, but would vote for him over any Dem in favor of Trump's impeachment. Some believe that the way to remove Trump is by voting, not impeaching, and resent the Dem's efforts.
September 24th, 2019 at 12:53:48 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: SOOPOO
I disagree strongly that impeachment won't garner Trump more votes from his base. If his base expected turnout is now 90%, I think it goes up a few points if he gets impeached. And I also think there are some who don't like Trump at all, but would vote for him over any Dem in favor of Trump's impeachment. Some believe that the way to remove Trump is by voting, not impeaching, and resent the Dem's efforts.

I guess we shall see!
September 24th, 2019 at 12:54:12 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
+100

The libbies haven't learned from Bill Clinton's impeachment. Bill Clinton committed actual crimes (perjury, subornation of perjury, obstruction of justice) yet his support was still sky high.

Trump has committed literally zero impeachable offenses, so his support would go through the roof. He might even win reelection with 60% of the vote if he gets impeached! 👍
September 24th, 2019 at 1:14:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188

I tend to think Clinton's popularity was broader among the undecided than Trump's is, as that seems to be the model many people are using to say it will energize people to be for Trump.

My model says Trump most resembles the loud mouthed big talking dude who a lot of people are waiting to see him get what's coming to him, not the poor victim of mob mentality who is being victimized.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 24th, 2019 at 5:05:10 PM permalink
ams288
Ya know, judging by Donny’s Twitter feed from the past few hours I’m gonna go out on a limb and say he’s *not* too thrilled about today’s developments.

Maybe he doesn’t see this leading to YeahBaby’s predicted “60% of the popular vote” landslide in 2020 (lol!!!!).