No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

January 17th, 2019 at 2:04:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
If she cared about the troops she wouldn't have voted for them to stay in illegal foreign wars for almost 20 years. She cares so little about their lives she won't even let Trump bring our troops home.

Maybe she could explain why we are killing so many people in Yemen? Or why we are even there supporting SA?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 17th, 2019 at 2:41:08 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Those sneaky democrats tried to pull a fast one in the house of representatives:
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chaos-on-house-floor-as-dems-hold-hasty-vote-to-end-shutdown-republicans-demand-redo

Quote:
Chaos briefly broke out on the floor of the House Thursday as Republicans accused Democrats of trying to pull a fast one with a hasty vote to end the partial shutdown.

The drama began in the afternoon when the Democratic-controlled House held a voice vote on an interim spending bill to re-open the government through February 28.

Customarily, after a voice vote is held, the opposition party will demand a recorded roll call vote. But when no one was heard, North Carolina Rep. G.K. Butterfield, who was presiding over the House, did not hold a roll call vote and instead announced that the measure was approved.

“The ayes have it!” Butterfield announced. “The Joint Resolution is agreed to!”
This led to a tense exchange on the floor between House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and House Minority Whip Steve Scalise, who claimed a Republican lawmaker had actually requested a recorded vote.

“The gentlemen from Kentucky did stand and ask for a recorded vote,” Scalise said on the floor. “Whether or not it was heard or not, we’ll have to watch the tape, but it’s an important piece of legislation that I’m sure members from both parties would like to be recorded on.”

Hoyer denied that “games were played,” saying the request was simply not heard.

“I was surprised that a vote was not asked for,” Hoyer said.

Eventually after the back and forth, Hoyer agreed to redo the vote next Wednesday.
Let's go Brandon
January 17th, 2019 at 4:00:23 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Pelosi's luggage returned. LOL

Let's go Brandon
January 17th, 2019 at 4:27:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: fleaswatter
Pelosi's luggage returned. LOL

Glad she was never a stop when I was delivering luggage.
The President is a fink.
January 17th, 2019 at 4:47:48 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
How many of those bags were just for the botox?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 17th, 2019 at 7:23:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I thought Donald’s move against Pelosi was a shrewd one that would rile up the base (and it did, as evidenced by Fleaswatter ‘s posts) but accomplish nothing else.

Then they made the huge blunder of shipping Melania to Florida on a military plane.

That’s just an unforced error. It changes the news coverage of the story and makes Donald look like a cartoon villain (which he is).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 17th, 2019 at 8:09:01 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: ams288
I thought Donald’s move against Pelosi was a shrewd one that would rile up the base (and it did, as evidenced by Fleaswatter ‘s posts) but accomplish nothing else.

It didn't rile me up. I first heard about the cancellation in the "other" forum from a post by a President Trump hater (I guess it riled up the lefties). Their post was ahead of mine by approx 25 minutes. You are just disappointed that I posted here before you had a chance to bash the President about it here.

Quote:
Then they made the huge blunder of shipping Melania to Florida on a military plane.

That’s just an unforced error. It changes the news coverage of the story and makes Donald look like a cartoon villain (which he is).
Let's go Brandon
January 17th, 2019 at 8:14:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
My favorite response to cancellation of SOTU.

Quote:
“You mean we could’ve stopped these anytime?”
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 17th, 2019 at 8:15:08 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: terapined
I certainly dont like it
I have always supported members of Congress. Regardless of party, to visit the troops overseas and gather informaton from the troops and Generals.
Its about doing whats best for our troops regardless of politics.
Really sad that you revel in a situation preventing our leaders from listening to the troops
I respect our military and expect our politicians to listen to them on the frontlines

Quote:
Our military serving overseas should come FIRST and be listened to
Politics comes a distant 2nd to the military, unless you are Fleaswatter

This is very insulting, you do not know me at all and are completely clueless concerning my feelings about the military
Let's go Brandon
January 17th, 2019 at 11:11:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
My favorite response to cancellation of SOTU.

What's funny is, having it in the House
is the worst place ever. It's boring and
we have to look at all the sour Dem
faces and there are even hecklers.

Trump now gets to choose a friendly
venue, one with friendly faces and
people who love him. It has to be
carried on all the major networks,
this could be a win/win for him.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.