No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 9th, 2018 at 11:56:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
So he was lying when he said

"I can tell you Matt Whitaker's a great guy," he said on Fox News. "I mean, I know Matt Whitaker."

Meaning he probably met him once and
heard about him from others. What's he
supposed to say, I don't know the guy
hardly at all, I'm relying on the advice of
my staff? Because that's what all presidents
do, they know very few of the people they
say they know. Are you just catching on
that Trump and all presidents stretch the
truth till it breaks?

Why am I explaining this, you know all this.
Why are you playing dumb.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 9th, 2018 at 4:21:55 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Trump
Rick Scott was up by 50,000+ votes on Election Day, now they “found” many votes and he is only up 15,000 votes. “The Broward Effect.” How come they never find Republican votes?

Maybe because Democrats don't hide boxes of ballots?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 9th, 2018 at 7:17:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Funny then how it is always the Democrat areas that "find" them.
The President is a fink.
November 10th, 2018 at 7:33:05 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

I'm actually stunned that in 2018 it is possible for ballots to be in a freaking box somewhere not counted! When I voted I filled out a ballot and slid it into some computer thingie which recorded my votes. I assume if the actual ballot disintegrated my vote is already counted by the computer. Is it possible the people of Florida are unaware of this technology? Please tell me Chad isn't hanging out there anymore!

Funny that you think Republicans hide ballots. The local officials usually staff the voting areas, and usually they are selected by the local political hierarchy, which in most heavily Democrat counties, are, duh.... Democrats.

I will really assume your ill advised comment is tongue and cheek.
November 10th, 2018 at 8:18:40 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
This whole "found ballots in a school closet" sounds like the work of Banksy
November 10th, 2018 at 8:35:43 AM permalink
Dalex64
Quote: SOOPOO
I'm actually stunned that in 2018 it is possible for ballots to be in a freaking box somewhere not counted! When I voted I filled out a ballot and slid it into some computer thingie which recorded my votes. I assume if the actual ballot disintegrated my vote is already counted by the computer. Is it possible the people of Florida are unaware of this technology? Please tell me Chad isn't hanging out there anymore!

Funny that you think Republicans hide ballots. The local officials usually staff the voting areas, and usually they are selected by the local political hierarchy, which in most heavily Democrat counties, are, duh.... Democrats.

I will really assume your ill advised comment is tongue and cheek.

It was mostly tongue and cheek, but in addition to the officials who are operating the election, there are partisan "election monitors" on hand from both parties, and sometimes third parties.

This one missing box was "provisional ballots" that apparently needed to be reviewed before they were counted.

The ridiculous thing is to suggest that they shouldn't be counted, or reviewed, even though they were found before the counting deadline.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 10th, 2018 at 11:36:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

The ridiculous thing is to suggest that they shouldn't be counted, or reviewed, even though they were found before the counting deadline.

Agree, that is ridiculous. But equally ridiculous is that somehow they weren't counted in the first place. Since both sides have "election monitors" as you mention, how can it be days after the election that this comes up?
November 10th, 2018 at 11:38:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Agree, that is ridiculous. But equally ridiculous is that somehow they weren't counted in the first place. Since both sides have "election monitors" as you mention, how can it be days after the election that this comes up?

It is just part of the problem with all this "early voting" nonsense. Clearly they could have been tampered with sitting unsecured so long.
The President is a fink.
November 10th, 2018 at 2:12:22 PM permalink
Dalex64

Well, it depends on how they handle their provisional ballots. If the vote is recorded with the possibility of being uncounted after review, then they were counted.

It sounds like in this case, though, they were labeled provisional, for further review, put in a box without the votes being recorded, and were left in a closet.
November 10th, 2018 at 3:47:10 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I would think that the moment that any ballots are out of the custody of election officials they would become null and void. How can we be sure that these ballots are then authentic or not tampered with?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (