No votes (0%)
1 vote (11.11%)
1 vote (11.11%)

9 members have voted

February 20th, 2017 at 2:56:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin

Obama, ‘won’ 209 districts while Governor Romney, ‘won’ 226 giving Romney a lead of 15 electoral college votes.
Obama, 'won' 2 states + DC more than Governor Romney which would have given him 6 more electoral college votes, which was not enough to beat the 15 extra from the congressional districts.

However, voting patterns may have been different if campaigning was aimed at a different allocation method.

They surely would have, same as Trump would have put an effort into CA if it was not a lost cause. The allocation method would probably be better for the GOP given how almost everywhere the liberal vote is concentrated in dense areas.
The President is a fink.
February 20th, 2017 at 7:06:06 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Why should tax dollars from Californians be used to fight fake massacres in Bowling Green or fake terrorist incidents in Sweden?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 20th, 2017 at 8:49:26 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: AZDuffman
They surely would have, same as Trump would have put an effort into CA if it was not a lost cause. The allocation method would probably be better for the GOP given how almost everywhere the liberal vote is concentrated in dense areas.

That's why the Calexit movement exists in the first place. Californians are too smart and too nice to vote for an asshole.
Trump had to concentrate on the states where his manner, demeanor, words, and attitude didn't immediately disqualify him in the minds of the voters. Californians are thinking twice about living in the same country as a garbage pit full of ignorant, bigoted morons who voted for the Orange Orangutan.
February 20th, 2017 at 9:51:03 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: stinkingliberal
Californians are too smart and too nice to vote for an asshole.

Orly?

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
February 20th, 2017 at 9:52:44 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
That's why the Calexit movement exists in the first place. Californians are too smart and too nice to vote for an asshole.
Trump had to concentrate on the states where his manner, demeanor, words, and attitude didn't immediately disqualify him in the minds of the voters. Californians are thinking twice about living in the same country as a garbage pit full of ignorant, bigoted morons who voted for the Orange Orangutan.

California would not have voted for any of the Republicans this time over Hillary. Democrats have a 14% edge in voter registration and the state leans left. The state may swing again someday, but it would not have happened this time.

The rest of your post is just the usual nasty gobbledygook you insist on spewing day after day in thread after thread.
February 20th, 2017 at 12:46:57 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: RonC
California would not have voted for any of the Republicans this time over Hillary. Democrats have a 14% edge in voter registration and the state leans left. The state may swing again someday, but it would not have happened this time.

The rest of your post is just the usual nasty gobbledygook you insist on spewing day after day in thread after thread.

Well, we know you approve of, love, and worship Trump. Whatever that may say about your personal proclivities, I won't speculate. But you sure seem sensitive about my criticizing the Orange One or the people who have sold their souls to him.

At any rate, I was talking about why Californians might support Calexit, not the results of the latest Russian Presidential "election" (the one that Trump "won").

Like the Donald himself, criticism of him or his lackeys sends you into an absolute, fevered tizzy. But like Trump, you should get used to it. There will be more. LOTS more.
February 20th, 2017 at 12:51:08 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Well, we know you approve of, love, and worship Trump. Whatever that may say about your personal proclivities, I won't speculate. But you sure seem sensitive about my criticizing the Orange One or the people who have sold their souls to him.

At any rate, I was talking about why Californians might support Calexit, not the results of the latest Russian Presidential "election" (the one that Trump "won").

Like the Donald himself, criticism of him or his lackeys sends you into an absolute, fevered tizzy. But like Trump, you should get used to it. There will be more. LOTS more.

Have you actually read RonC's position? I don't think he's particularly Trump friendly.

Sorry for letting the facts get in the way of your fury.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
February 20th, 2017 at 3:38:47 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: TheCesspit
Have you actually read RonC's position? I don't think he's particularly Trump friendly.

Sorry for letting the facts get in the way of your fury.

Well, the facts are that he absolutely freaks out whenever I criticize the Orange One or Trumpers, and he goes out of his way to make snide remarks about me, so I go with that rather than his occasional mild criticisms of our Great Leader.

I had taken his word earlier that he wasn't a Trumper, but so many of his recent posts suggest that he actually is.
February 20th, 2017 at 3:59:30 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Well, the facts are that he absolutely freaks out whenever I criticize the Orange One or Trumpers, and he goes out of his way to make snide remarks about me, so I go with that rather than his occasional mild criticisms of our Great Leader.

I had taken his word earlier that he wasn't a Trumper, but so many of his recent posts suggest that he actually is.

You are letting your hatred blind you...it is simply boring as hell to listen to you spew the same hatred day after day after day... Republicans should die. Trump voters are morons. Orange is the new color of poop. Oh! Hey! Let me start another thread about, well, the same spew I already started about a dozen of...then I can spew even more!! Look at me--I write the most spew here!!

I am not a "Trumper"--never went to a rally, don't have a hat, don't enjoy his twitter posts, etc. I am a conservative; Trump is not. I am a Republican that has never been a Democrat. Trump has been. Most of all, though, I think we allow politicians to divide us much more than we are actually divided. Most people just want everyone to get a fair shake but there are a lot of different definitions of what a "fair shake" may be.

I actually think you could be a much more effective poster and that you are much smarter than the stuff you post here.

Then you write some more...and I challenge you on it every once in a while. I cannot keep up with you, though. You are prolific!!
February 20th, 2017 at 5:43:28 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: RonC
I actually think you could be a much more effective poster and that you are much smarter than the stuff you post here.

SL you should take that statement as compliment. Anyone can insult. You don't seem stupid, so try and be more creative with your comments.