GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER! GO TRUMPER!

Page 3 of 106<123456>Last »
November 9th, 2016 at 2:32:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64
I care, because if he doesn't do what he said he was going to do, he is a liar.

Why do you think he won't close the
border, what evidence do you have.
It's what he ran on. The first thing he
could do is funnel funds from someplace
else and double the number of border
police with the signing of his name on
the order. Obama does it all the time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 9th, 2016 at 2:50:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
That was me. I didn't predict he would get zero, but at 20-1 thought it was a good bet at the time.
I made a total of $52 on the election from Mike. $50 on Ben Carson not being the Republican nominee (I gave him 10-1), and $2 on either Trump or Clinton winning (I gave him 50-1)

I'll give you credit for the man-up. I just wish I took Trump at 50-1 when Mike offered it.
The President is a fink.
November 9th, 2016 at 2:51:21 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Evenbob
Why do you think he won't close the
border, what evidence do you have.
It's what he ran on. The first thing he
could do is funnel funds from someplace
else and double the number of border
police with the signing of his name on
the order. Obama does it all the time.

Why do you think whether or not he is telling the truth on one issue has anything to do with whether or not he is telling the truth on another?

Specifically, what does what he could do to double the number of border police have to do with whether or not he appoints a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary, or whether or not he releases his taxes?

A promise broken is a promise broken, and time will tell which of his promises he breaks.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 9th, 2016 at 3:07:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
I was watching Trump's son Baron fidgiting
last night while his dad spoke. I thought
he looked 12 or 13, my god he's only 10!
He's huge and way older looking than a
usual 5th grader. He has the adventure of
a lifetime ahead with his dad as president.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 9th, 2016 at 3:49:50 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Dalex64
I think it shows that many people were not willing to admit that they were going to vote for trump.

That seems to be the crux of the matter. It's like going through a group of 100 women and asking them who eats an entire candy bar in one sitting. What the women say and what they do is entirely different.

Quote: Kellyanne Conway
There's an undercover Trump voter missing from the polls, AUGUST 24, 2016

When Trump's campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, made that statement many people laughed at her. They said why not just stick to the old chestnuts like "the race will tighten in September" and "the only poll that counts is the one on Election Day".
November 9th, 2016 at 4:00:13 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: Pacomartin
That seems to be the crux of the matter. It's like going through a group of 100 women and asking them who eats an entire candy bar in one sitting. What the women say and what they do is entirely different.

When Trump's campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, made that statement many people laughed at her. They said why not just stick to the old chestnuts like "the race will tighten in September" and "the only poll that counts is the one on Election Day".

I laughed. I was wrong.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 9th, 2016 at 5:40:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
That seems to be the crux of the matter

I'm reading that polling as we know it
may be dead. 98% of them were so off,
so wrong, why would anybody trust
them now. The same 2 polls that were
closest in 2012 hit it again this time.
LA Daybreak and IBD/TIPP both very
very close and both called it for Trump.
Were also routinely mocked and ridiculed
by every network. They were the only polls
I looked at every day, I was very confident
Trump would win.
November 9th, 2016 at 6:09:38 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
"the only poll that counts is the one on Election Day".

That poll states 52.50% of the electorate voted for someone other than Trump.

Him and "his" party ought to look very hard at that number.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 9th, 2016 at 7:10:14 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Nareed
That poll states 52.50% of the electorate voted for someone other than Trump.

Him and "his" party ought to look very hard at that number.

The ruling party in Canada (the liberals) got elected with less than 40% of the popular vote. In Europe where many countries have 10 or more parties governments get elected with less than that.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 9th, 2016 at 7:16:02 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: kenarman
The ruling party in Canada (the liberals) got elected with less than 40% of the popular vote. In Europe where many countries have 10 or more parties governments get elected with less than that.

Yes, and Canada is looking at some sort of reform. Which will lead to more coalitions, which I am in favour off.

For a single position like president, what else can you do than first past the post? The only alternative is the French Presidential system, where if no candidate gets over 50% of the popular vote, the top two candidates have a run off election. You could do that in the states, I suppose, but unless the electoral college system changes... what would be the point anyway (and even after that, why bother)?

I'm all for minority parties getting seats at the table, but it's not really possible to split the single job into pieces.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
Page 3 of 106<123456>Last »