Tires

Page 10 of 10« First<78910
September 5th, 2019 at 10:09:55 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Sounds good. Wondered if you were trying to plan around the hurricane. It was kind of hard to plan for, for awhile there.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 5th, 2019 at 10:54:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Sounds good. Wondered if you were trying to plan around the hurricane. It was kind of hard to plan for, for awhile there.

I was in Charleston Fri AUG 30.
Would have liked to stay another nite and visit Savannah
but
All the reports had Florida getting hit
So ended vacation early a couple days and headed home Fri Aug 30 even though did not have to work till Tues Sep3
So I came home and now Charleston is getting hit
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 13th, 2019 at 3:16:53 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
interesting story on tires
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 15th, 2019 at 4:50:44 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: petroglyph

Was indeed. What caught me was the talk about retreads. I've no qualms about them whatsoever except in performance situations. Dude said retreads are every bit as good as a new tire, but it's not new tires I see shredded on every mile of the interstate, ya know? I'd put em on my truck, no prob, but a sports car (or police car, as in the video) seems stupid. Maybe things have progressed since my day.

I just grabbed new skins myself, took my meaty M/T's down to the slick. I pretty much had to stick with giant M/T's, as my idiot truck is lifted and lifted trucks are stupid on street tires. Expected to get killed but got the set for under $800.

Between that and losing the bed, it's a whole new truck. I just found out I have a back up warning. Couldn't never hear it over the rattle and roar before lol.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 15th, 2019 at 5:06:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
Great on sand
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 15th, 2019 at 5:40:36 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face
Quote: petroglyph

Was indeed. What caught me was the talk about retreads. I've no qualms about them whatsoever except in performance situations. Dude said retreads are every bit as good as a new tire, but it's not new tires I see shredded on every mile of the interstate, ya know? I'd put em on my truck, no prob, but a sports car (or police car, as in the video) seems stupid. Maybe things have progressed since my day.

I just grabbed new skins myself, took my meaty M/T's down to the slick. I pretty much had to stick with giant M/T's, as my idiot truck is lifted and lifted trucks are stupid on street tires. Expected to get killed but got the set for under $800.

Between that and losing the bed, it's a whole new truck. I just found out I have a back up warning. Couldn't never hear it over the rattle and roar before lol.

That video was a tough watch. Couldn't finish. Too depressing
I would never consider retreads and used to buy the cheapest tires offered at where ever I was at buying my whole life until my last purchase
My truck I just bought had really nice tires but the rear tires were getting worn so just replaced them and for the 1st time in my life, bought pricy tires to match the front ones.
Michelin - LTX M/S2 size 245/70R17.
I've never considered lifting or leveling my truck. Seems unsafe and not conducive to towing which is the primary reason I bought it.
My neighbors boyfriend has a F250 lifted. That thing is huge. Cant believe how much higher he sits then me. Its also 4x4. Looks fabulous but too much for me. I would not be surprised if he never tows or off roads or even uses the bed. Seems trucks are a real status symbol these days.
I have that backup warning but I'm totally old school raising my body up and twisting so I'm looking directly out the back window with my eyes when backing up.
I even bought a backup camera but its sits in the glove compartment and only use it when hooking up the camper. Love it. I used to back up, get out, look, back up. get out, look, over and over about 5 or 6 times lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 10 of 10« First<78910