Tires

Page 9 of 10« First<678910>
August 12th, 2019 at 12:16:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Maximum pressure is usually for load. But not dangerous. But without load wear will probably be high in middle of tire.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 12th, 2019 at 12:26:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I’m just wondering with two tires with two different pressure ratings might cause the trailer to wave back and forth for the entire trip. Not really a good thing to have happening.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 12th, 2019 at 12:50:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
The pressure on the tires is the maximum. The RV manufacturer should have a recommended pressure. Vehicles have it on the door frame.

The recommended tire pressure on the RV is 65 PSI cold
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 12th, 2019 at 12:51:48 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: rxwine
I’m just wondering with two tires with two different pressure ratings might cause the trailer to wave back and forth for the entire trip. Not really a good thing to have happening.

We shall see
If I have that problem, will use the spare to even things out. Just replaced the spare. Old spare of course had great tread but unsafe at 14 yrs old
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 12th, 2019 at 2:23:37 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
The recommended tire pressure on the RV is 65 PSI cold

I would probably keep them both at the same pressure and not exceed the 50 the lower one is rated at. Not sure it would make a lot of difference.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
August 14th, 2019 at 8:14:56 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: kenarman
I would probably keep them both at the same pressure and not exceed the 50 the lower one is rated at. Not sure it would make a lot of difference.

Rethinking this
Feel uncomfortable having a 65PSI tire at 50PSI so I pumped it up to about 62
Will watch the trailer closely
If I do have a sway problem, will switch out one of the tires with the spare
Spare is brand new, not sure if its a 50 or 65 PSI
If I do switch out the tire.
Will order one online so I have matching PSI tires and have it delivered to my buddy in Maryland that I am picking up to go to the festival
August 16th, 2019 at 8:14:20 AM permalink
quadriga
Threads: 0
Rethinking this
Feel uncomfortable having a 65PSI tire at 50PSI so I pumped it up to about 62
Will watch the trailer closely
If I do have a sway problem, will switch out one of the tires with the spare
Spare is brand new, not sure if its a 50 or 65 PSI
If I do switch out the tire.
Will order one online so I have matching PSI tires and have it delivered to my buddy in Maryland that I am picking up to go to the festival

I bet the tire with 50PSI is smaller than the others with 65PSI. You want to put the smaller tire in the back axle. The 2 front tires need to be the same size/brand so there won't be alignment problems. Not so much with back tires.
August 16th, 2019 at 9:01:35 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: quadriga
I bet the tire with 50PSI is smaller than the others with 65PSI. You want to put the smaller tire in the back axle. The 2 front tires need to be the same size/brand so there won't be alignment problems. Not so much with back tires.

One axel RV. Its a 2005 Fleetwood Timberlake popup
Just pumped up my spare. Its brand new and a 50PSI tire
If I notice a sway, I will switch out the 65PSI tire and replace it with the 50PSI spare
I think I will be all right.
Been towing this camper for 14 years
Leave on my 2 week RV trip tomorrow
August 16th, 2019 at 10:56:06 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
One axel RV. Its a 2005 Fleetwood Timberlake popup
Just pumped up my spare. Its brand new and a 50PSI tire
If I notice a sway, I will switch out the 65PSI tire and replace it with the 50PSI spare
I think I will be all right.
Been towing this camper for 14 years
Leave on my 2 week RV trip tomorrow
Happy RV'ing
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 5th, 2019 at 9:58:10 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: petroglyph
Happy RV'ing

Absolutely no issues with sway. The F150 easily towed the camper. Never once floored the gas pedal, got the needed acceleration without flooring(cant say that about the old SUV I use to tow with). Love my F150.
Towed the camper from Tampa all the way to Maryland, picked up friends and did the 4 day Lockn music festival in Virginia
On the way back, stopped in Charleston, walked all over the USS Yorktown and visited Fort Sumter
Page 9 of 10« First<678910>