Anoying Things!

Page 3 of 6<123456>
February 4th, 2016 at 4:35:57 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman
Neither are ever required.

Neither is ever required. Sorry, couldn't resist :-)
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
February 4th, 2016 at 7:06:07 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Pretty funny. Unless you're the neighbor

I don't get it. These are obviously actors,
nobody would do this in real life. You'd
be bored to death by the 2nd day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 4th, 2016 at 4:03:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Wizard
Does it annoy you when somebody prefaces an opinion on something with "In my opinion." For example, I might say "In my opinion, Marco Rubio has a better chance at winning the GOP nomination than the polls suggest." This is obviously an opinion, so would I really need to add that preface?

Well, I can say from just my time on these sites that there are people who simply cannot understand something is opinion or even a general statement as part of conversation. So some people may have to compensate. Also why online the use of "IMHO."
The President is a fink.
February 7th, 2016 at 12:13:15 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Used paper back books on Amazon including shipping cheaper then the Kindle version

I love my Kindle but in some instances, going back to a physical book because its 50% cheaper
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 8th, 2016 at 11:48:28 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
Used paper back books on Amazon including shipping cheaper then the Kindle version

I love my Kindle but in some instances, going back to a physical book because its 50% cheaper

I agree that it is hard to understand. Most of my reading now are the"free"books on the kindle unlimited subscription. For $9 a month my wife and I probably read 10 books a month between us.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 8th, 2016 at 12:04:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Before I even considered purchasing an electronic reader, I went to the nearby public library to see which platform they supported.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 9th, 2016 at 6:59:57 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined

The only annoyance there is a paperback takes a bit longer to deliver than an e-book.

My great love for e-books lies in the fact that you can start reading a short moment after making a purchase, ditto for audio books. And of course the Kindle version won't be ready to fall apart after repeated readings...
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 9th, 2016 at 8:02:21 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed
The only annoyance there is a paperback takes a bit longer to deliver than an e-book.

My great love for e-books lies in the fact that you can start reading a short moment after making a purchase, ditto for audio books. And of course the Kindle version won't be ready to fall apart after repeated readings...

Very true, but a paperback never runs out of battery.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 9th, 2016 at 8:31:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Nareed

I generally have 5 to 10 books on deck waiting to be read so waiting no biggie
Just spotted a rerun of the movie Cloud Atlas on TV and it reminded me I wanted to read the book this wonderful movie is based on.
Kindle 10 bucks.
used book about 5 bucks with shipping.
Just ordered the physical book a few days ago, may not get to it for a few months due to so many books waiting to be read I already have on my kindle.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 9th, 2016 at 9:43:24 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: DRich
Very true, but a paperback never runs out of battery.

It's easier to eventually recharge a battery than it is to put a paperback back together.

Of course, you can read a paperback without a battery and when the power's out (if you have a candle or a flashlight)

Pros and cons and tradeoffs. Very much like life.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 6<123456>