Anoying Things!

Page 6 of 6« First<3456
September 7th, 2016 at 3:16:59 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I think I should re-do the olive oil-lime pasta, but more of it and with different shapes. I've got lots of pasta shapes from left-over samples from work...

But for lunch on the weekend I'm thinking about oven baked milanesas, no sauce, with oven baked fries and onion rings.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 13th, 2016 at 7:54:10 AM permalink
Nareed
Now the company's having people record when they go out of the office for non-work reasons <grumble>. As if taking 10 minutes to go for coke and snacks at the 7-11 next door is a HUGE drain on productivity? Not like, say, having a project dumped on us at the last possible minute, or having to jump through hoops to get an account number to register a $10 expense?

I thought what I should do is sign the sheet when I come in on weekends, too.
September 30th, 2016 at 3:17:28 PM permalink
Nareed
I'm dueling with the purchasing department over packaged goods.

They've a tendency for sloppy work, for not paying attention to sizes, and for giving a damn about what is requested. evidence:

Unflavored gelatin is marked as causing sales tax, causing a special tax on high calorie foods. and being tax exempt.

For the 1.6 kg. can of low-fat powdered milk, they present a 1.8 kg. can of whole milk.

For the 360 gr. can of low-fat powdered milk, they present a can of evaporated, liquid milk

The prices for the box of 1,000 packets of sugar and the box of 2,000 packets of sugar is the same.

That's just for starters. I'm on page 3 of 5 of the product list, and I've already determined I need to come on Saturday to gather all the notes and errors in a list and send it back to get the right prices for the right items.
September 30th, 2016 at 3:39:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Sounds like you should talk to only ONE person, someone with authority to fire the head of the purchasing department.
October 14th, 2016 at 10:07:27 AM permalink
Nareed
So, the boss tells me yesterday around 4:30 pm the clients are already asking for the market study. I say "I'm nearly done, after I check some things." He tells me by Monday will be fine.

I go to my desk, gather my papers, and notice I hadn't done any work on packaged and canned dry goods! Not one.

I then determined the highest grossing products in record time, and went online to check our prices vs three supermarkets. Somehow their search engines cooperated and I had it all done by 6 pm :)

<whew!>

That's what happens when I get a major project (price lists for next year) in the middle of another.
November 23rd, 2016 at 7:18:25 AM permalink
Nareed
1) I get a call on my cell phone at the office from coworker A asking me whether coworker B has arrived.
2) I say they haven't.
3) Coworker A tells me they really need to talk to coworker B. It's very urgent.
4) Me: have you considered calling them on their cell phone?
5) Coworker A: Oh!

Seriously, WTF?
Page 6 of 6« First<3456