Where is FrG?

July 3rd, 2018 at 2:02:21 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I continue to think we talking about 2 different things. The article you linked to talks about those communities being unreached and earlier in the document they define what "unreached" means. It doesn't mean that they have never heard of Jesus Christ. In fact some of those communities you mentioned are Muslim and believe in Jesus as a great prophet. I am simply pointing out that just about everyone has heard of Jesus and He is the most influential person in human history. You seem to be quoting articles that are talking about the number of people who aren't Christians or don't have groups available to them in order to evangelize.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 3rd, 2018 at 2:17:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
You seem to be quoting articles that are talking about the number of people who aren't Christians.

No. They haven't even HEARD of him:

Consider for example the 136,000,000 unreached Shaikh of Bangladesh, the 61,000,000 unreached Brahman of India, 62,000,000 unreached Yadav of India or the 37,000,000 unreached Java Pesisir Lor of Indonesia, most of the individuals in these groups and thousands of other unreached people groups are completely ignorant of the King of Kings.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 3rd, 2018 at 2:38:29 PM permalink
FrGamble
Bob read the article. They are talking about evangelizing not knowing the most important person in the world. Read their definition of what an unreached people are. Do you really think that none of the people in that list have heard about Jesus?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 3rd, 2018 at 2:54:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Do you really think that none of the people in that list have heard about Jesus?

Absolutely. Do you realize how many
people in Buddhist and Indian and
Muslim countries have no access to
electric? How isolated they still are?
Even Communist China, why would
most of the people there know who
Jesus is. It's a secular nation.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 3rd, 2018 at 2:57:20 PM permalink
FrGamble
So you are saying the only people who don't know about Jesus are those who are isolated from society? I might agree with you there. However, being secular has nothing to do with it. Jesus pervades our common human history and has influenced countless. All these secular countries have a history with Christianity, many of them filled with the persecution, torture, and killing of Christians. They know about Him.
July 3rd, 2018 at 3:04:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
So you are saying the only people who don't know about Jesus are those who are isolated from society? I might agree with you there. .

The POINT I'm making is, only
20% of the people who have
lived in the last 2000 years have
ever heard of Jesus. Unless you
think India and N America and
China had some way to do it in
800 ad.

For a religion that's so much about life
and death, 20% is pretty pitiful.
80% of people never had a chance.
But it's all a game, Xtionity is
exactly as important as you think
it is. Or don't think it is.
July 3rd, 2018 at 3:20:59 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Please read the page again. It specifically provides a percentage of the unreached that they believe have never even heard of Jesus. They say 80%

Unreached is 40%

80% of 40% is 32%

So, you have made a claim, have provided no evidence to back it up, Bob and I have provided evidence to refute your claim.

Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

Do you have any evidence to refute the claims of that website?

See how this works?

You do a very good job of derailing Bob, though.

I like to focus on one thing at a time.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 3rd, 2018 at 9:56:54 PM permalink
FrGamble
Thanks Dalex.
July 3rd, 2018 at 11:27:50 PM permalink
Evenbob
Thanks Dalex.

So you agree that this is correct:

Please read the page again. It specifically provides a percentage of the unreached that they believe have never even heard of Jesus. They say 80%

If such a small % of the world
never even heard of Jesus in
the last 2000 years, do you see
what a vast waste of time the
religion is? It's a nice little myth,
but it's nothing more than that.
If there was a god he would have
found a serious way to reach every
person. Right?
July 4th, 2018 at 7:09:53 AM permalink
FrGamble
It is 80% of the unreached people who have never heard of Jesus. So 80% of the 40% who have not been reached by the Gospel according to your article have never heard of Jesus. I hope that makes sense, really Dales laid it out better than I have. Just know your numbers are way off. However, to be honest I don't even remember why you took us down this tangent. Oh well, hopefully you learned something, I know I did.