Where is FrG?

July 2nd, 2018 at 11:06:32 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Roughly 100% of people today have heard of Jesus. Again He is the most pivotal person in human history.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 3rd, 2018 at 12:58:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Roughly 100% of people today have heard of Jesus.

Um, no, not quite.

It is estimated that of the 7.1 billion people alive in the world today, 2.91 billion of them live in unreached people groups with very little or no access to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Consider for example the 136,000,000 unreached Shaikh of Bangladesh, the 61,000,000 unreached Brahman of India, 62,000,000 unreached Yadav of India or the 37,000,000 unreached Java Pesisir Lor of Indonesia, most of the individuals in these groups and thousands of other unreached people groups are completely ignorant of the King of Kings.

2 billion people total and most,
no access at all, never even heard
Jesus name.

https://joshuaproject.net/resources/articles/has_everyone_heard
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 3rd, 2018 at 3:09:31 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Roughly 100% of people today have heard of Jesus. Again He is the most pivotal person in human history.

Do you have stats or citations to back up how many people you think have heard of Jesus?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 3rd, 2018 at 11:32:24 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
Do you have stats or citations to back up how many people you think have heard of Jesus?

He has none, it's just Vatican BS. There
are a boatload of stats from Xtion groups
who do mission work for a living, that all
say there are hundreds of millions
and maybe billions who have no idea who
Jesus is.

I'll make the point again, because it's important.
In the last 2000 years, of all the people who
lived on earth, maybe 20% knew who Jesus was.
And that's being generous. For a religion that
claims knowing him is a life or death situation,
that's a pathetic stat. And drives home how not
important the Xtion religion really is.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 3rd, 2018 at 12:57:19 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Dalex64

You can look at any list of the most influential human beings ever to live and see Jesus of Nazareth as #1. Here is one such link, but there are hundreds more: Most Influential People of All Time

You can see that there are an incalculable number of books written about Jesus Christ, so many that there is literally no comparison to any other historical figure.

You can study history to see the central role Jesus and His influence had throughout the world. You can look at how we mark our years, based on His birth. You can see the prevalence of the holidays celebrating His birth and Resurrection. You can even look at the link that Evenbob linked to and out of context lifted his quotes. When Christian missionaries talk about unreached parts of the globe they are not talking about those who don't know about Jesus, they are talking about those who haven't heard the Gospel Message preached to them.

I would be curious as to what stats or citations anyone would have to back up the notion that Jesus is not the most influential person in human history?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 3rd, 2018 at 1:07:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
I would be curious as to what stats or citations anyone would have to back up the notion that Jesus is not the most influential person in human history?

What does that have to do with
you saying 100% of the people
in the present world know who
Jesus is. That's what we want you
to prove.

Of course you can't, it's an absurd
statement.
July 3rd, 2018 at 1:27:34 PM permalink
FrGamble
Would you like me to amend my statement to say 99% of people know about Jesus Christ. I forgot about infants, those who legitimately live separate from all civilization, and those who might not be able to learn through no fault of their own history.

If you are looking for absurd statements look no further than your own.
July 3rd, 2018 at 1:35:50 PM permalink
Dalex64
Yes, I am asking for a source on your claim that either 99% or 100% of all people have heard of Jesus.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
July 3rd, 2018 at 1:49:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Would you like me to amend my statement to say 99% of people know about Jesus Christ.

So this site and all the
others that say similar
things are wrong?

Consider for example the 136,000,000 unreached Shaikh of Bangladesh, the 61,000,000 unreached Brahman of India, 62,000,000 unreached Yadav of India or the 37,000,000 unreached Java Pesisir Lor of Indonesia, most of the individuals in these groups and thousands of other unreached people groups are completely ignorant of the King of Kings.

July 3rd, 2018 at 1:57:52 PM permalink
Dalex64
I was just about to reference that Joshua project site.

It claims that 40% of the world population has not received the message of Jesus (unreached - but may have heard the name)
And 4 out of 5 of the unreached have never even heard the name 32% of the population.

Doing the math, that says only 68% of the population have heard of Jesus.

On the other hand, I don't think it is really important how many people have heard a name.