Simple question?

Thread Rating:

February 13th, 2018 at 12:16:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
FrGamble,

If the golden rule applies to DACA, how should it be handled officially?

Can a Christian support throwing these kids out? If so, on what basis?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 13th, 2018 at 12:29:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

Ha Ha, you're funny. They're mostly good
little revenue producing Catholics from
below the border, the Church is in enough
financial trouble without throwing out
$ contributing believers.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 13th, 2018 at 4:08:59 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
FrGamble,

If the golden rule applies to DACA, how should it be handled officially?

There is no way that I believe a Christian can support throwing these kids out. There are lots of ways to support a myriad of different solutions to the immigration problem that protect human rights and families.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
March 30th, 2018 at 12:53:38 PM permalink
rxwine
Official protocol.

If you're having a meal with the Queen of England, when she is done eating, you are done eating. Best not to eat too slow if you want to finish a fancy dessert.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 30th, 2018 at 1:04:38 PM permalink
Evenbob
Official protocol.If you're having a meal with the Queen of England, when she is done eating, you are done eating. .

It's not just the queen. If you
were in high society in Britain,
at dinner you weren't done
until the last person was done.
It's common courtesy. You also
didn't start eating until everyone
was served. And they didn't
present the next course until
all were done with the current
one.

And you only talked to the person
on your right if the hostess was
talking to the person on her right.
You could only talk to the left
when she switched to the left.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 19th, 2018 at 2:03:25 PM permalink
rxwine
FrGamble,

Quote:
"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast. ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them. under their feet, and turn again and rend you."

What is the Catholic understanding on this? Seems to me, repeatedly dealing with the obstinate mockers should be a problem for you.

Or is this another thing that means something completely different than what I would expect?
April 19th, 2018 at 2:10:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Or is this another thing that means something completely different than what I would expect?

The first mistake is thinking most things
from the NT are 'pearls'. If your 'pearls'
are so offensive that people hear them
and turn and rend you, how good are
your 'pearls' in the first place.

It means you should only preach to the
choir, they are a safe audience and won't
laugh when you talk about virgins having
babies..
April 19th, 2018 at 4:23:35 PM permalink
FrGamble
FrGamble,

What is the Catholic understanding on this? Seems to me, repeatedly dealing with the obstinate mockers should be a problem for you.

Yeah I think the key word there is obstinate. I'm beginning to learn that not everyone is really open to search for the truth wherever it might lead and have a real discussion that is respectful and understanding. I don't think it means not to talk to unbelievers or those who disagree. I think I just have to learn the difference between those who disagree but are willing to be respectful and those who are like wild animals who aren't interested in anything but what they have to say.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 24th, 2018 at 11:27:26 AM permalink
Evenbob
This one certainly apples to the
Catholic Church and the early
Protestant.

June 24th, 2018 at 12:27:59 PM permalink
FrGamble
It is most true in this most recent century when atheistic governments killed more people and did more atrocities than in any other period of history.