Upcoming Primaries

March 5th, 2016 at 2:51:15 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
For some reason the media has made the KKK and issue with Trump. So why do they not ask Hillary the same questions?

I don't watch fox.
Why are they not making this an issue? Hannity? Bill O?
You got me, Fox hates Clinton. What is your theory why Fox doesn't go there?

Maybe because the KKK hates Clinton and supports Trump
I think all this KKK stuff is nonsense

Why do you think its an important issue?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 5th, 2016 at 2:56:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
I don't watch fox.
Why are they not making this an issue? Hannity? Bill O?
You got me, Fox hates Clinton. What is your theory why Fox doesn't go there?

Maybe because the KKK hates Clinton and supports Trump
I think all this KKK stuff is nonsense

Why do you think its an important issue?

I have not heard of the KKK supporting Trump. There is no national KKK since the late-1960s, so there is no national chapter to give an endorsement. Historically the KKK supported Democrats. The only KKK "support" I have heard of for Trump is some liberal trolls in sheets showing up at rallies making idiots of themselves. I assume it is because they cannot make an intelligent point.

I think it is important because Trump was asked to disavow David Duke in an interview when he had not met Duke yet Hillary called a former KKK leader "noble." I like fair and balanced news.
The President is a fink.
March 5th, 2016 at 3:28:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I have not heard of the KKK supporting Trump. There is no national KKK since the late-1960s, so there is no national chapter to give an endorsement. Historically the KKK supported Democrats.

The KKK was the military arm of the
Dem party in the 20's-60's. Senator
Bird was at one time head of a KKK
chapter. Believe it or not, there were
more KKK members in Indiana than
any other state.

"Byrd wrote a letter in 1946 to the group's Imperial Wizard stating "The Klan is needed today as never before, and I am anxious to see its rebirth here in West Virginia." Byrd defended the Klan in his 1958 U.S. Senate campaign when he was 41 years old."

Bird was a Grand Kleagle of the KKK at one
time. Hillary loved him.

Clinton commemorated late Sen. Byrd by saying, “Today our country has lost a true American original, my friend and mentor Robert C. Byrd.”
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 5th, 2016 at 3:39:58 PM permalink
terapined
I have not heard of the KKK supporting Trump. There is no national KKK since the late-1960s, so there is no national chapter to give an endorsement. Historically the KKK supported Democrats. The only KKK "support" I have heard of for Trump is some liberal trolls in sheets showing up at rallies making idiots of themselves. I assume it is because they cannot make an intelligent point.

I think it is important because Trump was asked to disavow David Duke in an interview when he had not met Duke yet Hillary called a former KKK leader "noble." I like fair and balanced news.

Sorry, former KKK supporters support Trump
Anyway
I am sorry that you are upset that Foxnews media wont go after Clinton regarding Byrd
They have never been fair and balanced and I guess this proves it
Maybe you should be over at a foxnews board to complain that they are not fair and balanced regarding this issue
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 5th, 2016 at 3:41:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Might as well go after Obama for nice comments about Byrd as he made them before.

President Barack Obama: " He held the deepest respect of members of both parties, and he was generous with his time and advice, something I appreciated greatly as a young senator."

Byrd repudiated his KKK membership as the worst mistake he ever made years ago. Whereas David Duke hasn't repudiated much of anything and still does controversial stuff.

So why would they want to compare that?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 5th, 2016 at 3:47:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

Byrd repudiated his KKK membership as the worst mistake he ever made years ago. Whereas David Duke hasn't repudiated much of anything and still does controversial stuff.

So why would they want to compare that?

Because you cannot control who supports you. Hillary supported a former KKK leader. One is passive the other is active.
The President is a fink.
March 5th, 2016 at 3:51:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Because you cannot control who supports you. Hillary supported a former KKK leader. One is passive the other is active.

The only way it would make any difference is if they leave out some details to distort the record. Other than that, it wouldn't make any difference.

They can report it daily as far as I'm concerned.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 5th, 2016 at 3:54:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
Sorry, former KKK supporters support Trump

So what if they do?
The President is a fink.
March 5th, 2016 at 4:21:27 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Personally, I don't buy the KKK association with either candidate.

I view the Trump interview as him not understanding the question. Furthermore, he has repudiated the KKK before and after. I have a very long list of reasons to not support Trump, but the KKK thing isn't on it.

With Byrd, well, at the time he was a member it wasn't all that radical of a thing in the south. He has since repudiated it thousands of times. It is kind of like Pope Benedict being a former member of the Hitler Youth. You have to frame things in the context of the time that it happened. I'm not saying this isn't a strike against Byrd, but to endorse the man overall, some 50 years later, doesn't bother me. What I don't like about Byrd was he was a huge recipient and spender of government pork.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
March 5th, 2016 at 5:05:28 PM permalink
terapined
So what if they do?

Its actually kind of meaningless.
I was only responding to your allegation the media isn't fair to Trump
You, AZ, brought up the KKK 1st in this thread
All this KKK is total BS
I certainly wont bring it up 1st because its nonsense ANY mainstream candidate supports the KKK

but anyway
here is my take
Trump is a somewhat alpha male when it comes to interviews. Jake Tapper is no dummy. He knew Trump would be contentious and wouldn't let him corner him into a response. Jake Tapper asked an easy question and Trump being Trump wouldn't play the game and refused to give the answer Jake was steering him into.
Jake Tapper played Trump. It was such an easy question to answer for anybody without the ego of Trump
Jake Tapper knew Trump, with that ego, would have a hard time giving an answer
Trump knew he got played and went straight to twitter to clarify his views and blamed it on a faulty ear piece.
Faulty ear piece lol
Anytime an interviewer can make a candidate look dumb, gotta go for it
Katie Couric catching Palin looking dumb is legendary