Defund Planned Parenthood

October 10th, 2015 at 12:15:41 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Is it true that nothing was found wrong with Planned Parenthood, and the video that was circulated was not what it was described to be?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 10th, 2015 at 12:18:59 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
No, the videos have been independently certified as authentic and the complete unedited versions have been released. They are as disturbing and as real as anyone who dares to watch them will see. There is definitely something very, very wrong with PP.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 10th, 2015 at 7:09:04 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Those sound mostly like opinions, I'm taking about what I heard on the news, that the probe into planned parenthood found no wrongdoing.

I can't find a website that doesn't crash my browser, so, so far I have only been able to see the few lines that google's news aggregator shows me.

The wrongdoing they found none of is I believe misspending federal funds.

There are references to two videos - the interview with the person about harvesting parts, which in its short form apparently shows signs of shall we say creative editing, and in long form is a lot less damning and shows the manipulations the interviewer was using,

And another video that shows harvesting after an abortion but actually it was after a miscarriage, and wasn't a planned parenthood procedure.

Sorry I can't post any links, like I said my browser keeps crashing and I can't actually read an entire article. They are putting so much crap onto webpages these days with ads and rerendering, fewer and fewer sites work for me. Their loss. I don't have a computer this weekend.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 15th, 2015 at 9:40:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: FrGamble
Any organization that receives 500 million dollars of tax payer money should face great scrutiny. ...

What about all the tax breaks churches get.
Its so bad, fake churches pop up like scientology just to get the tax breaks
I think its pretty unfair that atheists have to support this whole church religion system.
Churches should be required to pay property taxes just like I am required to pay property taxes.
Why should religion get a free ride?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 15th, 2015 at 9:53:50 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
I think its pretty unfair that atheists have to support this whole church religion system.
Churches should be required to pay property taxes just like I am required to pay property taxes.

It's tempting to make the churches pay, in particular when you see a great deal of opulence used by people preaching poverty and humility. But in the end this would only hurt other non-profit groups, be they large like Planned Parenthood or small like local advocacy and civil rights groups. A case can be made that any of them are disapproved of by some other group of people.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 19th, 2015 at 7:10:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
David Daleiden wanted to show exactly what a 19-week-old aborted fetus, being held in the hands of a medical technician, looked like. The problem was he didn't have that picture. So he went to the Internet, found something close and inserted into his documentary.

The photo, two cupped hands holding a tiny male fetus, appeared on screen as dramatic music played. Against this backdrop, a medical technician detailed how she was present when an intact 19-week gestated fetus was aborted at a Planned Parenthood clinic and, she says, harvested for tissue samples.

Daleiden's video failed to mention that the photo and the story do not match.

The photo was not an aborted fetus at a Planned Parenthood clinic. It was the stillborn child of Alexis Fretz, whose son was stillborn in 2013. Fretz took the photo and posted it on the Internet to memorialize the son she named Walter.

Quote:
Daleiden also is being criticized for a second, potentially misleading use of video that has found its way into the Republican presidential campaign. GOP candidate Carly Fiorina cited a portion of the Center for Medical Progress videos in which an intact fetus kicks its left leg and moves an arm shortly after being aborted.

Fiorina described the video during CNN's Republican debate at the Ronald Reagan Presidential library on September 16, using the horrific image in her call for an end to federal funding for Planned Parenthood.

In an interview in Southern California earlier this month, Daleiden now admits he has no information on where the video was actually taken. There is no evidence it was taken at a Planned Parenthood clinic.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/19/politics/planned-parenthood-videos/

CNN Investigations

Email your story ideas and tips to CNNtips@cnn.com.

Without Fretz's knowledge, Daleiden and his two-man documentary group called the Center for Medical Progress plucked that photo from her web page and dropped it into his anti-Planned Parenthood documentary.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 28th, 2015 at 4:21:19 AM permalink
terapined
Terrorism in America

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/28/active-shooter-situation-reported-near-colorado-springs-planned-parenthood/

A Christian Terroist
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 28th, 2015 at 12:23:26 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: terapined
The article didn't say anything at all about the guys beliefs or motives.
April 5th, 2016 at 5:34:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Planned Parenthood Exec Slams Hillary Clinton For Calling A ‘Fetus’ An ‘Unborn Child’

Hillary puts a baby toe off the pro-choiceabortion reservation and lefties go crazy.

Get the popcorn!
The President is a fink.
April 5th, 2016 at 7:18:21 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
Planned Parenthood Exec Slams Hillary Clinton For Calling A ‘Fetus’ An ‘Unborn Child’

Hillary puts a baby toe off the pro-choiceabortion reservation and lefties go crazy.

Get the popcorn!

Oooh, going with the popcorn comment
I like it simply because EB doesn't :-)

Quote: EvenBob
Why do you say that all the time, what
does it even mean. You say it constantly,
is it a movie reference? You'll have the
'popcorn out', do you live at the circus?
Why do you want it 'out'?

As to the miss statement by Clinton
Much ado about nothing
Of course Breibart is all over this
Reminds me of Hitler in the Bunker hearing about shots fired between the Russians and Americans and saying the tide will now turn. LOL