Gigafactory

February 3rd, 2020 at 3:15:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Related to Elon Musk. He's looking for workers for his AI team.

Quote:
Elon Musk said on Twitter on Feb. 2. I "don't care if you even graduated high school," Musk said.

Instead, Musk is looking for those with a "deep understanding" of artificial intelligence. And while, "[e]ducational background is irrelevant," all candidates "must pass hardcore coding test," Musk said.

Musk's expressed his opinion on the unimportance of degrees before.
"There's no need even to have a college degree at all, or even high school," Musk said during a 2014 interview with the German automotive publication Auto Bild about his hiring preferences more broadly.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 3rd, 2020 at 3:20:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: reno
It's magic.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 3rd, 2020 at 3:55:09 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
Related to Elon Musk. He's looking for workers for his AI team.

Quote:
Elon Musk said on Twitter on Feb. 2. I "don't care if you even graduated high school," Musk said.

Instead, Musk is looking for those with a "deep understanding" of artificial intelligence. And while, "[e]ducational background is irrelevant," all candidates "must pass hardcore coding test," Musk said.

Musk's expressed his opinion on the unimportance of degrees before.
"There's no need even to have a college degree at all, or even high school," Musk said during a 2014 interview with the German automotive publication Auto Bild about his hiring preferences more broadly.

I think with the vast resources of knowledge available on the internet, college degrees mean very little. Specific knowledge in your intended field is the most important thing. Having been a computer scientist for most of my life, many of the best programmers that I have known never got a college degree. When I hire people I only consider the degree as a tiebreaker between candidates. If their skills appear to be even, I will usually default to the person with the degree because they at least proved they could meet an established goal.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 3rd, 2020 at 4:31:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I did not realize how parabolic that it has gotten. I will leave it to the mathheads who got past Algebra II to do the actual graphing. I will just say this is gonna hurt when the crash hits.
The President is a fink.
February 4th, 2020 at 8:40:14 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
I wrote that on Thursday, January 30. So now 4 days later Tesla shares are at... $780.

$646 last Thursday. $780 yesterday. Today it's at $896.
February 4th, 2020 at 8:42:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
$646 last Thursday. $780 yesterday. Today it's at $896.

At this rate may replace that tulip price chart.
The President is a fink.
February 4th, 2020 at 9:23:37 AM permalink
reno
Quote: AZDuffman
At this rate may replace that tulip price chart.

One possible explanation for this incredible price spike is that we're witnessing a massive short squeeze.
February 4th, 2020 at 10:25:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
One possible explanation for this incredible price spike is that we're witnessing a massive short squeeze.

I don’t buy that. Anyone short would have been forced to cover long ago.

I see a massive group hoping for bigger idiots. Methinks he smart institutions have and are dumping on idiot public.
The President is a fink.
February 4th, 2020 at 10:52:51 AM permalink
reno
Quote: AZDuffman
I don’t buy that. Anyone short would have been forced to cover long ago.

Quote: MarketWatch
Short-seller interest on Tesla is around $16 billion, with 24.38 million shares shorted, or about 18% of its float. It has been the largest short in U.S. equities, with Apple Inc. No. 2 with about 0.9% of its float.

18% of shares is enormous.

I know I wrote $896 a couple hours ago. Now it's at $928.
February 4th, 2020 at 10:57:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: MarketWatch
Short-seller interest on Tesla is around $16 billion, with 24.38 million shares shorted, or about 18% of its float. It has been the largest short in U.S. equities, with Apple Inc. No. 2 with about 0.9% of its float.

18% of shares is enormous.

I know I wrote $896 a couple hours ago. Now it's at $928.

Most of those shorts are protected by calls. Only a true idiot with unlimited credit can short naked.

We saw this in 1998 with many dotcoms. I looked at puts but way over my level.

Watch for stories about broke people who drained their home equity to buy in. It will make people move on from this China sick scare.
The President is a fink.