The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

March 1st, 2020 at 1:32:37 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Lots of other programs out there,
Right you are, but although the programs exist, they are not funded.
March 1st, 2020 at 2:21:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
Most treadmills have a minimum speed of 0.5 or 0.6 mph. And if 0.6mph on a level surface is too fast a walk for me, perhaps you are getting some notion of what those quacks did to my cardiooutput and why my brain is so addled that I can't remember Basic Strategy.

I can do only FOUR minutes at 0.06mph..

Can't you just walk, no treadmill?
The President is a fink.
March 1st, 2020 at 4:11:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

You have to ask everybody you
come in contact with what you're
supposed to do now. Everybody
in the place where you live, the
MoW people, make calls every day.
I don't think it's legal to make you
homeless once you're in the system.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 1st, 2020 at 11:15:00 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: AZDuffman
Can't you just walk, no treadmill?
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. I often intend to walk "one sidewalk" (55 feet) but plop into the doorway bench at 16 feet. the machine at least forces me to keep going until I collapse at the four minute mark. Also the machine provides relative shelter from ants and mosquitoes as well as occasional rainstorms.
March 1st, 2020 at 11:38:23 PM permalink
Fleastiff

You have to ask everybody you come in contact with what you're supposed to do now. Everybody in the place where you live, the MoW people, make calls every day. I don't think it's legal to make you homeless once you're in the system.

It was MoW's re-certification that helped get me awarded the extension of long ago. The Poor House is privately owned by a profit making firm and the City has been paying my rent with money awarded by the State under a program that is never funded beyond two years per recipient. The city is about to raze single story low density housing to construct high density multi-story complexes and is clearly trying to evict rather than the more expensive relocation program. I'm on the list for a section 8 application and also a section 8 emergency application. One housing place rejected my application because my social security income is below their minimum income levels. They don't count my fifteen dollar a month food stamp income at all.
March 2nd, 2020 at 7:19:19 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

You have to ask everybody you come in contact with what you're supposed to do now. Everybody in the place where you live, the MoW people, make calls every day. I don't think it's legal to make you homeless once you're in the system.

It was MoW's re-certification that helped get me awarded the extension of long ago. The Poor House is privately owned by a profit making firm and the City has been paying my rent with money awarded by the State under a program that is never funded beyond two years per recipient. The city is about to raze single story low density housing to construct high density multi-story complexes and is clearly trying to evict rather than the more expensive relocation program. I'm on the list for a section 8 application and also a section 8 emergency application. One housing place rejected my application because my social security income is below their minimum income levels. They don't count my fifteen dollar a month food stamp income at all.

What would you calculate the cost of the MOW's meals you get per week? I am only asking because we send a donation to them every month because my wife's mother is disabled and has been using them.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 2nd, 2020 at 7:36:06 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: DRich
What would you calculate the cost of the MOW's meals you get per week? I am only asking because we send a donation to them every month because my wife's mother is disabled and has been using them.
I've no idea what their costs are. Meal delivery is but one activity, they also do food pantry stuff which is a food bank that involves recipient choices. They do congregate meals too and food assembly parties.

If you mean what is their pricing structure, they charge by the month. $3.50 a meal or half price for some, depending on income. Some have ssocial worker authorized free service. I fall into that last category, sort of the poorest in the poor house,
March 30th, 2020 at 6:02:31 PM permalink
Fleastiff
So it is going to be a SEVENTY DOLLAR (RT) taxi fare to get a blood draw!
March 30th, 2020 at 6:14:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
So for two years I have been avoiding all DAIRY (eggs, cheese, milk, yoghurt) mainly to keep inter-cranial parasites at bay, now the quacks want me eating lots of that stuff. They had previously recommended avacado, now they forbid it. They had previously said to avoid rice, now they say to avoid white rice. They had previously touted Quinona, now they forbid it.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? Just trust MoW and no one else????
March 30th, 2020 at 6:49:32 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
So for two years I have been avoiding all DAIRY (eggs, cheese, milk, yoghurt) mainly to keep inter-cranial parasites at bay, now the quacks want me eating lots of that stuff. They had previously recommended avacado, now they forbid it. They had previously said to avoid rice, now they say to avoid white rice. They had previously touted Quinona, now they forbid it.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? Just trust MoW and no one else????

I say eat whatever you want, we are all going to expire eventually.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.