The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

October 27th, 2018 at 10:19:05 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Bought another jar of kimci since it seems to indeed have an appetite suppressant effect.

It's called the gag reflex. The one
time I was near it I almost woofed
my cookies. Nasty crap..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 28th, 2018 at 3:20:07 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I sometimes use a warm glass of tomato juice for appetite suppression, and the calorie count is low. You have to like what it is you're using to some degree or sooner or later you just drop it.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 28th, 2018 at 8:12:49 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I've decided to make today neither a fasting day nor a dieting day, but instead a protein day. Some or perhaps all of my water retention, edema, in the legs may be due to insufficient protein intake so I'm going to eat two burger patties today.
October 28th, 2018 at 9:04:25 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
so I'm going to eat two burger patties today.

I just saw my DR for a regular physical last week
She is freaking out on red meat. She told me 2 days a week at the most. She said so much info is coming out and its all bad. Bottom line, these animals are totally stressed out creating unnatural hormones that we are consuming.
Sad
Growing up, Beef was the main dinner item.
Listening to my Dr and cutting down
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 28th, 2018 at 7:23:39 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
It's called the gag reflex. The one time I was near it I almost woofed my cookies. Nasty crap..

it's just Korean Sauerkraut.

Sauerkraut is finely cut raw cabbage that has been fermented by various lactic acid bacteria. It has a long shelf life and a distinctive sour flavor, both of which result from the lactic acid formed when the bacteria ferment the sugars in the cabbage leaves.

Kimchi is made from salted and fermented vegetables, most commonly napa cabbage and Korean radishes, with a variety of seasonings, including gochugaru (chili powder), scallions, garlic, ginger, and jeotgal (salted seafood).

In the past, kimchi was traditionally stored underground in jars to keep cool during warm months, and remain unfrozen throughout the winter months, during which time it was a vital source of vegetables. With the rise of technology, kimchi refrigerators are more commonly used to store kimchi.
October 28th, 2018 at 7:59:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin
it's just Korean Sauerkraut.

It smells like rotting dead fish. I eat
German sauerkraut all the time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 29th, 2018 at 4:43:56 AM permalink
Pacomartin

I think it's that chili powder that Korean's use.

These 15 foods are supposed to be good for your digestive system

bananas,
oats,
onions,
whole wheat bread,
sourdough bread,

lentils, (oldest legumes known to human history)
yogurt, (invented in Mesopotamia around 5000 BC)
beans,
apples,
asparagus,

sauerkraut, (originally came from China)
kimchi, (Korea)
kefir, (Caucasus Mountains of West Asia)
tempeh, (Indonesia)
kombucha, (Northeastern China, Russia and eastern Europe.)
October 29th, 2018 at 6:53:28 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I do not see how anyone can eat sauerkraut by choice. I imagine Hell being a place where you have to eat sauerkraut daily but you get meat loaf on Sunday if you have been good all week. Used to be a thing here where you ate it for good luck on New Years Day. I don't need luck that bad.
The President is a fink.
October 29th, 2018 at 9:31:11 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: AZDuffman
I imagine Hell being a place where you have to eat sauerkraut daily but you get meat loaf on Sunday if you have been good all week.

You really won't like kimchi then.
November 2nd, 2018 at 10:54:44 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
It was 9:00am and I had decided not to go grocery shopping or go visit a computer repair place. Instead, I'd lie down for a few minutes.... next: its 1:30pm and I swear all I had was a teensy bowl of shredded wheat and a few splashes of milk. Definitely not enough to put anyone to sleep.