The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

August 26th, 2018 at 5:55:41 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: odiousgambit
my mom's pressure cooker had a nut and bolt where the little rubber safety vent was
Living dangerously.
August 28th, 2018 at 9:48:11 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Post Prandial Somnolence:

Got up after 8:00am for shower and breakfast of Raisin Bran. Felt so weak and discombobulated that I took a Frappacino for the sugar and caffeine content. Felt sleepy and returned to bed 9:30am with poor but acceptable oxygen level of 91 and heart rate going from 46 to 103, palpitations, diaphoresis. Woke up and its past noon!! I will admit I feel better now than at the 8:00am awakening but I'm still sleeping too darn much.

Got semi annual appointment tomorrow to over lab results. Doubt they will do anything useful though.
September 11th, 2018 at 3:48:42 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Fleastiff
Got semi annual appointment tomorrow to over lab results. Doubt they will do anything useful though.
They didn't. Waste of time. I'm still on Allopurinol and Furosemide (despite their mild interaction). They still yammer at me about going back on that cocktail that had me be a zombie for several years. They just don't understand that I ain't a gonna do it. I don't even have the cat that would meow at me as I started to fall asleep and slide off a chair and be unable to get up for an hour or so.

I read our Fearless Leader's comments in his Burning Man thread about bologna and mustard sandwiches on Wonder bread often with a dab of Mayo, though I suspect it might have been Miracle Whip instead. Wonder bread. Puffed so full of air it was like cotton wool. Tasted like it too. I realize you all know I ain't been wealthy particularly after certain chemical assaults on my brain, but despite my physical and mental states I sure never did bologna, mustard and Wonder bread. I guess someday they will find out the dough conditioners induce diabetes decades later or something.

I swilled lots of Guinness while hanging out with IRA types and I used to have to ride around on a motorcycle for awhile before putting my clothes in a laundry hamper after leaving an Irish bar so my second hand smoke intake was high but while my diet was not quite healthy it sure never sank to the level of bologna, mustard, mayo and Wonder bread.

Now its mainly my personal chef, Michelena, and her unique serving style so I still don't eat too great but no Wonder bread. I even had some Tiff recently though I doubt the amount of tiff in the bread was all that much. The dog owners that I used to work for from time to time would have tons of cold cuts and frankfurters and all the chemical laden pickles, chips and other stuff, but I try to avoid such preservative laden junk food. Even ate a salad for breakfast today though I sure don't plan on continuing things like that.
September 11th, 2018 at 7:11:25 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

Now its mainly my personal chef, Michelena, and her unique serving style so I still don't eat too great but no Wonder bread. I even had some Tiff recently though I doubt the amount of tiff in the bread was all that much. The dog owners that I used to work for from time to time would have tons of cold cuts and frankfurters and all the chemical laden pickles, chips and other stuff, but I try to avoid such preservative laden junk food. Even ate a salad for breakfast today though I sure don't plan on continuing things like that.

Live everyday like you think it will be your last, because one day you will be right.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
September 12th, 2018 at 2:22:39 AM permalink
Fleastiff
That would involve killing every Quack in sight and eating decent sized portions of Ravioli Florentine for breakfast. Unfortunately I think I'll have to pass on your advice even though it is tempting, particularly the Ravioli Florentine part. This morning I felt guilty for soiling the spoon for such a tiny little bit of food. Don't think I'd feel any guilt if I went out and slaughtered a few quacks though. Noble activity of course but the cops and the courts won't be seeing it that way.

Gots me a trip I have to make to the dumpster today and there is this box from Amazon that despite my long wait appears not to be about to open itself. I know I've got some research to do but I can't remember on what. Not a thrilling existence, so who knows... maybe I should reconsider those quacks?
September 22nd, 2018 at 1:09:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Somethings gotta give on this leg edema stuff. Neither Allopurinol nor Furosemide is doing the trick. I swear I'm about to go get some sort of spigot valve and just jab it into my leg to drain away all that fluid.
Getting old is the pits.
Lemon water is what I'm going to try for awhile but ain't nothing working.
Exercise... I can't even hobble fast enough for it to be called exercise.

Still have that post prandial somnolence of course but I woke up when the portable computer played Boogie Woogie Piano Stomp for some reason. Catchy tune and great looking broad. I think I rolled onto the computer as I was sleeping.
September 22nd, 2018 at 6:43:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Somethings gotta give on this leg edema stuff.

Lets be blunt here. You carry way too
much weight and you're heart isn't
strong enough to take care of the
extra water anymore. Wanna improve
everything? Lose 100 pounds. It's
easy, you could do it in 3 months.
The trick is keeping it off.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 13th, 2018 at 1:13:07 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I seem to be emulating the ancient romans. I eat until my stomach touches the table, then I sleep and when I awaken, I start eating again.

Don't get me wrong. I fully understand the need to diet and the advantages of intermittent fasting, its just I can't stop eating
October 13th, 2018 at 3:17:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
its just I can't won't stop eating

There, I fixed that for you. You can stop,
you just don't have the incentive yet.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 14th, 2018 at 6:52:55 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
its just I can't won't stop eating

There, I fixed that for you. You can stop,
you just don't have the incentive yet.

I ain't got much time left for developing any incentive but I have found a Pew-like solution. I took some carob stuff this morning and it tastes so bad I may not want to eat at all.

Any way, my maid service happened to butt dial me yesterday so I will probably be forced to get something done around this place.