Threads: 135
El Caminio is on Netflix now.
The President is a fink.
October 12th, 2019 at 10:22:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: AZDuffman

SS Question for Wiz when he gets back here.
The President is a fink.
October 12th, 2019 at 11:43:53 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Getting so-so reviews. Slow and plodding,
like a regular ep of BB stretched over 2 hours.

"I loved the series of Breaking Bad. This film was a total nonsensical mishmash, with pot holes galore. Numerous flashbacks which told you nothing, no story, no action. We gave up three quarters of the way through."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 12th, 2019 at 12:17:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
Getting so-so reviews. Slow and plodding,
like a regular ep of BB stretched over 2 hours.

"I loved the series of Breaking Bad. This film was a total nonsensical mishmash, with pot holes galore. Numerous flashbacks which told you nothing, no story, no action. We gave up three quarters of the way through."

It mainly puts closure to Jesse. Being a meth cook slave seems to have hardened him up.
The President is a fink.
October 12th, 2019 at 12:21:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
It mainly puts closure to Jesse. Being a meth cook slave seems to have hardened him up.

Never cared for Jesse, my least
fave character next to Skyler
and her sister. A little Jesse
went a lonnnng way..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 12th, 2019 at 12:27:04 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
I just watched El Camino last night. For any fan of Breaking Bad (BB), I would recommend it. It goes back and forth between Jesse after BB and during the phase when he was kidnapped by Todd to cook. At the risk of making a spoiler, there is also a scene from the timeline early in BB with Walter White. I suspect it was never used in BB and just plopped in El Camino, as it didn't advance the story much.

If I must compare El Camino to BB or Better Call Saul, it doesn't measure up. It just didn't have the magic the two series had. However, it doesn't totally suck either. Worth watching, but don't get your hopes too high.

Personally, I would have preferred if they didn't have so much material from the BB era and stuck to after BB ended.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 12th, 2019 at 12:30:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Wizard
However, it doesn't totally suck either. Worth watching, but don't get your hopes too high.

Wow, what a ringing endorsement. lol
October 12th, 2019 at 12:31:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I just watched El Camino last night. For any fan of Breaking Bad (BB), I would recommend it. It goes back and forth between Jesse after BB and during the phase when he was kidnapped by Todd to cook. At the risk of making a spoiler, there is also a scene from the timeline early in BB with Walter White. I suspect it was never used in BB and just plopped in El Camino, as it didn't advance the story much.

If I must compare El Camino to BB or Better Call Saul, it doesn't measure up. It just didn't have the magic the two series had. However, it doesn't totally suck either. Worth watching, but don't get your hopes too high.

Personally, I would have preferred if they didn't have so much material from the BB era and stuck to after BB ended.

Can you comment on the social security number they gave Jesse? I did a search they said it was some kind of reserved number.
The President is a fink.
October 12th, 2019 at 1:06:00 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Can you comment on the social security number they gave Jesse? I did a search they said it was some kind of reserved number.

Can you remind me what number they gave him? I could see on a TV show or movie it beginning with a 6, for the same reason everybody's phone number begins with 5-5-5. No real Social Security number begins with a 6. Nor an 8 or 9. 7's are railroad or "non-work" numbers.

This is getting out of my area, but I hear when somebody assumes a new clean identity, they look for a number given to a child who died at a young age.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 12th, 2019 at 1:17:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
when somebody assumes a new clean identity, they look for a number given to a child who died at a young age.

They've been doing that forever. Before
they started giving numbers to infants,
they would search death records and
apply for a number of a kid who died.