Should the state be allowed to force a cancer treatment?

Page 8 of 10« First<5678910>
Poll
5 votes (62.5%)
1 vote (12.5%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

January 26th, 2015 at 9:14:59 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
My apologies for having help to derail the thread a bit.
And of course, the usual disclaimer: I am not now and never have been a practitioner of the dark and evils art of Medicine. So please do not think of me as a doctor.

My apologies to the OP as well for going off the rails.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 3rd, 2015 at 5:59:42 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Been reading the articles on Vaccination due to the measles outbreak.
I believe in vaccination, it saves lives.
I see Rand Paul and Chris Christie are against vaccination.
I'm pretty shocked at their position.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 3rd, 2015 at 9:14:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

I do not see where they are against vaccinations. I see that they are for parental choice in the decision, a good thing.
The President is a fink.
February 3rd, 2015 at 9:53:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Since measles is a human only disease we could actually do to it what we did to smallpox.

Then people wouldn't need the vaccine for it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 3rd, 2015 at 10:12:19 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
I do not see where they are against vaccinations. I see that they are for parental choice in the decision, a good thing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/02/2016-candidates-child-vaccinations_n_6598186.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/chris-christie-remarks-show-vaccines-potency-in-political-debate/2015/02/02/f1c49a6e-aaff-11e4-abe8-e1ef60ca26de_story.html
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 3rd, 2015 at 12:31:59 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: terapined

They didn't quite say that they were against vaccines, but they framed the issue in jingoistic freedom lingo which the media was bound to mischaracterize. Christie & Paul should have know that the media would do this. Rule #1: keep the soundbyte simple. Our media is too shallow to digest complex answers.

Here's how a smart politician would answer the question: "When it comes to vaccines, I encourage every American to listen to their doctor, not to a politician."

I dread that this issue will become a partisan issue where somehow Democrats take one side, and Republicans take another side. These diseases are far too serious to be debated by the clowns on cable news.
February 3rd, 2015 at 1:42:54 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
Here's how a smart politician would answer the question: "When it comes to vaccines, I encourage every American to listen to their doctor, not to a politician."

A Smart politician is one who gets elected, then re-elected. Ergo they will say anything, no matter how stupid, if it gets them into or back into office.

IN this case, though, not vaccinating one's children, absent a compelling medical reason such as allergy to the preservative used, is tantamount to endorsing drunk driving. It's also child abuse.

I wouldn't favor jailing parents who don't vaccinate their children, but later on the children should have the option to sue their parents for any lasting damage caused by measles, whooping cough and the like.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 3rd, 2015 at 1:50:43 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Sometimes its refreshing when a politician actually takes a stance instead of spewing pablum and passing the buck.

Vaccines are dangerous, any doctor will tell you that. If you the last person in the world to be vaccinated, you don't need it. There is no risk so slight danger is needless. Otherwise, its dangerous to have two populations: third world and first world mixing together.

Easting sushi is risky, driving a motorcycle is risky, driving a car is risky, Playing Russian Roulette is risky, but some dumb parent talking about parents rights and UFOs and Paris Hilton's brains just ain't bright enough to be risking the public's health much less her own kid's health.
February 3rd, 2015 at 2:11:10 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Fleastiff
Vaccines are dangerous, any doctor will tell you that. .

Really?
No doubt ignorrance of vaccines is dangerous.
Thats a bold statement "any doctor will tell you that"

reference link please
February 3rd, 2015 at 2:15:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'd probably guess people ingest/inhale questionable items in their food, air, or water that pose about the same risk of vaccines, and they don't even notice it.

Painting your house, breathing in gasoline fumes, eating at the Chinese food place that barely passes the health standards, consuming chemical additives, etc.,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 8 of 10« First<5678910>