Should the state be allowed to force a cancer treatment?

Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>
Poll
5 votes (62.5%)
1 vote (12.5%)
2 votes (25%)

8 members have voted

January 25th, 2015 at 12:37:27 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
I am listening Sen Se.
????

>a place for every thing and every thing in its place??

Aboard a boat?? Well, I guess I could put those imaginary nudists to work but it seems such a shameful thing to do.
January 25th, 2015 at 10:19:24 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
????

>a place for every thing and every thing in its place??

Aboard a boat?? Well, I guess I could put those imaginary nudists to work but it seems such a shameful thing to do.

Excuse my poor spelling, <(. It should have been Sensei, or teacher.

Imaginary nudists? It occurred to me, humorous that in our different experiences that you would dream of nude women prancing about, erotically. When an Alaskan dreams of women, he dreams of females that don't fill out their parka's like Sea Lions at a "Haul out". Unless you are at a public pool, exposed flesh is seldom seen. Nudity in the far North, is brief at most, at least anywhere exposed to the elements. Way to cold in winter, and much to buggie in the summer [both weeks of summer, lol].

I had a mini ranch during the 80's [SW Washington]and would bring home any building material from work that I could. I used a lot of it, building animal shelters, fencing, and then I made the mistake of horses, they are extremely needy animals. When I decided to move to the great north, it took about 6 months of garage sales to get rid of most of it.

When I moved onto the boat, there is limited space and when at sea, it just isn't safe to have things aboard that are not secured. Even in calm seas, other waves from vessels or rogue waves cause some violent gyrations aboard. [I am pretty sure you know this]. I think Cook Inlet has the second most dramatic tide swings on Earth? It can change 30 feet low to high, twice in a day. That is moving a lot of water. There are some "Rip" tides" running 11k. That is fast, in a twelve knot boat. It is the captains constant mission to inform passengers to stow their gear, and keep the isle clear at all times when under way.

Imaginary help? That's what I had too. I imagined it for 25 years. I layed in bed with the mother of my children and dreamed about having some help. Not much, but some. Everyone needs a little, sometime. It makes me question the statement made in Quantum Mechanics about "reality is created by the observer". I believe there is some credence to that? There appears to me that some power exists somehow that creates reality's on the physical plain? Right or wrong, I won't judge, but as I say I dreamed [asleep and awake] about the perfect woman for 25 years. I found her on Kodiak Island, in the North Pacific. Nearly a mermadic creature, remarkable in every way.

I believe there is something in the universe, some power that can create reality? Somehow, I ended up with this person in my life, incredible. She doesn't read this so I will say this, and probably edit later. She is the only reason that I don't "roll to my rifle like a good soldier". But given that, I will endure for a while longer. I am waiting now for the Mayo to call me and schedule me. This is how my luck [other than my dear bride] runs. The surgeon here basically threw his hands in the air and said "you have got to get to a real hospital". He gained my respect moreso when he said, "we are a bucket shop here" and can fix some run of the mill things quite well, but what you got wrong with you, you need the University [in Vegas] or Phoenix.I wish he would have said that two months ago, but I guess it was the Christmas season?

I picked the Mayo as they are already familiar with my insides. It just happens to be "Superbowl" week. There is not a room in Phoenix under 800 per night. Zowwee's [sp?] That isn't going to happen, regardless. So, I have a hernia belt on so my two hernias don't go strangled, sitting on ice [now in the 4th month], taking pain meds for my herniated back, and kind of hoping that what ever is wrong in my prostrate or perineum doesn't get more painful or go septic on me before we find a room and rent a car and go find out what the Mayo has to say.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 25th, 2015 at 11:19:15 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Excuse my poor spelling, <(. It should have been Sensei, or teacher.

Oh, yes. I get it. It helps when I read the forum wide awake and sober.

>Imaginary nudists?
>It occurred to me, humorous that in our different experiences that you would dream of nude women prancing about, erotically.
>Nudity in the far North, is brief at most, at least anywhere exposed to the elements.
>Way to cold in winter, and much to buggie in the summer [both weeks of summer, lol].
Actually, I've often commented on tanned legs in Miami being sexy but what Eskimo would ever value them or think much of a woman who would expose her legs in Alaska.

>I had a mini ranch during the 80's...
Some Alaskans, I've heard, do real well selling fresh eggs at five dollars a dozen or duck eggs at eight dollars a dozen. They bulldoze dirt around the hen house effectively making it an warm insulated one.

>The surgeon here basically threw his hands in the air and said "you have got to get to a real hospital".
>He gained my respect moreso when he said, "we are a bucket shop here" and can fix some run of the mill things quite well,
>but what you got wrong with you, you need the University [in Vegas] or Phoenix.I wish he would have said that two months ago,
>but I guess it was the Christmas season?
YES. Happens alot. Geography matters.
Examples:
I had one "patient" who unpacked some Chines porcelain and got bitten by a mite or unknown insect. Rural America was just not the place for her to get help but she had little choice.

I was once contacted by a woman who happened to ask about a particular medication. I told her to ALWAYS be vertical for twenty minutes after taking it. Those who don't stay vertical don't always wind up in the hospital, but many do and their average stay is eight days and they never swallow well again in their lives. In a University Pharmacist she would have received both written and oral warnings, in her small town neither the doctor nor the pharmacist told her either initially or at renewal time. It was really a serious danger but medicine varies geographically.

I had one woman who rattled off a long list of diseases she had ... and I immediately asked her only one question: Are you of Finnish Heritage? She replied that her father was Finnish. Here she was a middle aged woman with what she referred to as a full plate load of diseases and not one of her doctors had ever asked her that question. Not one in over thirty years. I immediately diagnosed her as having a genetic condition that although rare is more common in Finnish or Sardinian women. At fifteen she should have had genetic testing and vitamin B testing, but at age fifty, it was the first time she had been asked about her ethnic heritage. Doctors just don't have time or knowledge to really treat patients.
January 25th, 2015 at 3:36:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Actually, I've often commented on tanned legs in Miami being sexy but what Eskimo would ever value them or think much of a woman who would expose her legs in Alaska.
I think there are over a hundred different tribes in Alaska, Eskimo being just one of them.

I think people other than wind or face burn that somehow get a tan [tanning booths are very popular] are worshiped as gods? Much like a cargo cult. Oddly enough per capita I think the Northern tribes have the highest consumption of ice cream. Intuitively I wouldn't have thought frozen flavored milk would have been so popular. Maybe it is the fat content?

Somebody even tried fish flavored chewing gum, I heard it was popular but appealed only to a limited market.
January 25th, 2015 at 4:09:15 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I think there are over a hundred different tribes in Alaska, Eskimo being just one of them
Yes, I think Innuit is a broader term, not sure.

>Somebody even tried fish flavored chewing gum, I heard it was popular but appealed only to a limited market.
I am so glad.
January 25th, 2015 at 4:29:45 PM permalink
petroglyph
Yes, I think Innuit is a broader term, not sure.
That works

>Somebody even tried fish flavored chewing gum, I heard it was popular but appealed only to a limited market.
Quote:
I am so glad.
I should have said, salmon flavored gum, I didn't try it either. Eating fish that has decayed to a liquid form is definitely an acquired taste or one learned from birth.

Those in the know get a chuckle at times when people think they can eat fermented fish. I have heard stories of the Japanese arrogantly thinking they could eat any fish, the inuit proved to them they could not.

Then I saw a show where that guy "Zimmerman" goes around the world eating weird food and bugs and smiling all the time about how tasty everything is. When some old native lady brought out her gallon jug of I think melted seal oil, Zimmerman coughed and gagged and couldn't keep it down. haha

We will put our rotten fish/gut eaters up against anybody's rotten fish/gut eater's anytime, anywhere. That muktuk isn't as delicious as they make it out to be.
January 25th, 2015 at 5:42:18 PM permalink
petroglyph
It just happens to be "Superbowl" week. There is not a room in Phoenix under 800 per night.
Did you guys know that the pro bowl is in Phoenix as well? I just assumed it was in Hawaii, no wonder Phoenix is a zoo?

I guess I was distracted
January 25th, 2015 at 5:57:39 PM permalink
Fleastiff
I do like broiled salmon and I've had pickled herring and been to few Viking-type restaurants where I didn't know what a Smorgasbord item was but sampled alot.
I know of a woman who drove to Alaska after having been gifted a large salmon. She salted it heavily and cut a slice and rehydrated it for each meal.
January 26th, 2015 at 2:50:24 AM permalink
Fleastiff
My apologies for having help to derail the thread a bit.
And of course, the usual disclaimer: I am not now and never have been a practitioner of the dark and evils art of Medicine. So please do not think of me as a doctor.
January 26th, 2015 at 8:34:15 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Did you guys know that the pro bowl is in Phoenix as well?

Is that to keep Phoenix empty the week before the Big Game?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 7 of 10« First<45678910>