1 vote (16.66%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)
2 votes (33.33%)

6 members have voted

January 10th, 2015 at 2:01:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Historical accuracy is rare. Oral traditions require maintaining the audience's interest, hence the need for dragons and monsters and sirens. Consider also tax rolls and military conscription as two reasons for distorting ages. Many of those yoghurt devouring elderly would lie to researchers and since they often had the same first names as fathers or grandfathers alot of the research was worthless.

Even as recently as the Klondike Rush, read the newspaper advertisements for special pastes to smear on your clothes as you rolled down the hill, picked up the gold with the paste and then needed only to launder your clothing at the bottom of the hill. I wonder how many disappointed fools showed up in the gold fields after having lugged cans of paste half way across the country?

Strange food from heaven? How about that guy a few decades ago who discovered this strange green ice on his rooftop. He was even photographed licking it until the photographer told him it was toilet ice from a jet airplane.

Some view my diet as strange, since I enjoy nibbling on the sex organs of a fungus and enjoy consuming spermidine, cadaverine, and putrescine. On a hot summer day... nothing better than a little bit of the same chemical a skunk uses for its defense.

So what was manna exactly? There are several candidates but none proven. I doubt any will be proven, ever.
Page 5 of 5« First<2345