6 votes (54.54%)
1 vote (9.09%)
3 votes (27.27%)
3 votes (27.27%)

11 members have voted

December 12th, 2014 at 1:58:57 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Started drafting the grievance complaint today!
December 12th, 2014 at 8:10:36 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Could it be drugs or sex they were doing? And talking about you and your case at the same time perhaps.
December 12th, 2014 at 8:28:02 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Could it be drugs or sex they were doing? And talking about you and your case at the same time perhaps.

Who, the Judge and other attorney…?
December 12th, 2014 at 9:46:58 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: aceofspades
Who, the Judge and other attorney…?
Possible isn't it behind closed doors? Especially drugs But who knows. I'm actually only being about 3% serious and honestly think you..re getting carried away with the recusing request without evidence speculating.
December 12th, 2014 at 9:57:30 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Possible isn't it behind closed doors? Especially drugs But who knows.

I Cannot venture a guess as to what they discussed or what occurred
December 17th, 2014 at 9:06:48 AM permalink
aceofspades
I just filed an Order to Show Cause seeking this Judge to recuse himself here in NY. Allegations of ex parte communications with opposing counsel - which came to a head last week in Court when, as we were leaving Chambers after conferencing the case with his law clerk, the Judge calls opposing counsel by name to come talk to him--I turn around to join the conversation and the Judge tells me "Go away, I don't want you" -- I protest that he is acting improperly and I am going to file for a recusal.

Today, at the filing of the recusal OSC, he refused to sign it to make a briefing schedule - he asked why I was there, interrupted me, then turned and asked opposing counsel if he thought he was partial or biased. Upon turning back to me - he stated I am merely adopting my client's version of things (isn't that what we are supposed to do when representing a client?)--I protested that she witnessed the events of last week and I experienced them personally (his yelling at me to "Go away, I don't want you"). He turned to opposing counsel and asked if he ever said that to me--of course, opposing counsel stated that "Your Honor never said anything to that effect."

Now I am left to attempt to seek a stay pending appeal which will be futile as judicial discretion reigns supreme---gee, I wonder if my attorney fees application will be denied...?
December 17th, 2014 at 10:03:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I just filed an Order to Show Cause seeking this Judge to recuse himself here in NY. Allegations of ex parte communications with opposing counsel - which came to a head last week in Court when, as we were leaving Chambers after conferencing the case with his law clerk, the Judge calls opposing counsel by name to come talk to him--I turn around to join the conversation and the Judge tells me "Go away, I don't want you" -- I protest that he is acting improperly and I am going to file for a recusal.

Today, at the filing of the recusal OSC, he refused to sign it to make a briefing schedule - he asked why I was there, interrupted me, then turned and asked opposing counsel if he thought he was partial or biased. Upon turning back to me - he stated I am merely adopting my client's version of things (isn't that what we are supposed to do when representing a client?)--I protested that she witnessed the events of last week and I experienced them personally (his yelling at me to "Go away, I don't want you"). He turned to opposing counsel and asked if he ever said that to me--of course, opposing counsel stated that "Your Honor never said anything to that effect."

Now I am left to attempt to seek a stay pending appeal which will be futile as judicial discretion reigns supreme---gee, I wonder if my attorney fees application will be denied...?

Wow, your client heard the statement by the judge and the opposing lawyer lied about the statement despite you having a witness.
wow wow.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 17th, 2014 at 10:06:28 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: terapined

Wow, your client heard the statement by the judge and the opposing lawyer lied about the statement despite you having a witness.
wow wow.

Yup - where are the protesters?
December 17th, 2014 at 10:20:40 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I just filed an Order to Show Cause seeking this Judge to recuse himself here in NY.

Geesus Ace, what were you thinking? That type of stuff is just another reason I quit drinking.

I don't think a "scorched earth" M.A.D. approach is gonna help you in the long run.

Have you considered checking out real estate on the left coast before this goes viral in the legal community?

If you haven't read Sun Tzu, do so. This is starting to remind me of when a politician leaves the mic on and the voters find out what they really think.

Run Forest, run.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 17th, 2014 at 10:22:39 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: petroglyph
Geesus Ace, what were you thinking? That type of stuff is just another reason I quit drinking.

I don't think a "scorched earth" M.A.D. approach is gonna help you in the long run.

Have you considered checking out real estate on the left coast before this goes viral in the legal community?

If you haven't read Sun Tzu, do so. This is starting to remind me of when a politician leaves the mic on and the voters find out what they really think.

Run Forest, run.

This Judge needs this "scorched earth" policy - for all those who do not know - I was a part of the anti-divorce court corruption documentary www.divorcecorp.com
I will not be silenced about judicial impropriety merely because of possible reprisals and threats
Page 3 of 4<1234>