Pope Francis

May 21st, 2018 at 1:02:46 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There was a priest on CNN, Father Beck.

Said homosexuality was taught as disorder, and that God doesn't make imperfect things. So, he thinks either the Pope is saying something new, or it's a conflict.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2018 at 1:03:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Let me try again.

A same sex orientation is a very real thing in the lives of good people. They are to be loved and supported as they are by God. However, that doesn't automatically mean that sexual activity between two people of the same sex is to be supported.

Time to don the top hat and tap shoes
and try and dance feverishly around
what the pope said. First hell doesn't
exist, now Gay sex is fine and dandy.

The pope said it, good enough for
me. He's god on earth, right?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2018 at 1:04:37 PM permalink
rxwine
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_L._Beck
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 21st, 2018 at 1:16:00 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
exist,

Bob, as recently as last week the Pope was preaching about the devil and how we have to be wary of falling into his traps. I thought even you had realized that the story about the Pope denying hell was as you like to say, a "nothing burger".

Quote:
now Gay sex is fine and dandy.

When did the Pope say this?

Quote:
The pope said it, good enough for
me. He's god on earth, right?

He most assuredly is not and if you think Catholics believe this you need to please read a Catechism.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 21st, 2018 at 1:17:26 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: rxwine
There was a priest on CNN, Father Beck.

Said homosexuality was taught as disorder, and that God doesn't make imperfect things. So, he thinks either the Pope is saying something new, or it's a conflict.

I don't imagine the Pope was saying there is no nurture part to the long debate on if homosexuality is nature or nurture.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 21st, 2018 at 1:30:47 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
exist, now Gay sex is fine and dandy.

I think I was first to post it, the church needed to change up their business model a lil bit.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 21st, 2018 at 1:34:41 PM permalink
rxwine
I don't imagine the Pope was saying there is no nurture part to the long debate on if homosexuality is nature or nurture.

Well, I suppose I could make an argument for you, even though I don't know what the Pope really meant.

You can be born with a trigger, like a gene that makes some women susceptible to breast cancer. Maybe that gene is triggered. Maybe it never is. Pure speculation though on sexual preference.

It did make me think of a new angle. People like to blame sexual preference on the influence of, for instance other gays. But there is no reason a trigger couldn't come from something completely unrelated to sex. There's a drug in a class action suit that apparently is linked to compulsive gambling. One might consider to just blame gambling for compulsion otherwise.

Now I personally don't believe it's any more a disorder than left or right handedness, which ironically was also condemned.
May 21st, 2018 at 1:56:04 PM permalink
Evenbob

When did the Pope say this?

Time for the doddering old goat
to retire, he's speaking way too
much truth and the Vatican ends
up looking moronic.

Speaking of moronic, what's the pope
going to do about this:

All 34 Bishops In Chile Suddenly Resign Over "Absolutely Deplorable" Pedophile Priest Scandal

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-05-18/all-34-bishops-chile-suddenly-resign-over-absolutely-deplorable-pedophile-priest

The pope can refuse to accept their
quitting, that many bishops are
hard to replace in a priest shortage.
The pedophile priesthood story just
never goes away, does it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 21st, 2018 at 2:01:55 PM permalink
FrGamble
You just can't answer questions when you know you are wrong can you? It is like clockwork. You either change the subject, say insulting things, or don't answer. It is okay to admit when you are wrong. Follow the Pope's example in the recent scandal in Chile.
May 21st, 2018 at 2:45:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
These are fun times to be an atheist.
You have the pope sticking his foot
in his mouth twice a month, you have
all the bishops in an entire country
resigning over pedophilia. These
are the people who consider themselves
the moral superiors to the rest of us,
and they can't even control their own
leaders.

It's good to be an atheist..