Craving cig but never smoked

Page 2 of 4<1234>
June 4th, 2014 at 8:18:20 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
If I'm wrong but you're interested, supply more info =)

I'm on the clock and am sending Ace a bill
to his penthouse office in Manhattan. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 4th, 2014 at 8:22:00 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Must be weird dream season for the DT crew.

This one is easy. Smoking is a destructive behavior. You know this and you dislike it. Avoiding smoking is something you consciously choose to do. You have years of knowledge from watching your parents that make you 100% certain that you don't want it.

There is something in your life that is similar. It's not "the same", but psychologically there's a connection. It's something you're either currently doing, contemplating doing, or worried about doing. In your mind, you know it's a negative thing, but there's a temptation there. Your brain is trying to cope with it through your dreams.

I don't know you well enough to make but one guess - could it be your Vegas ass whooping? Through your posts, you exhibited unhealthy, self destructive, and self loathing behavior, what with the "punishments" you inflicted upon yourself for losing. And you jumped right back on the horse as soon as you got home. Look inside and see if a part of you didn't question yourself about your actions these past few weeks. If there's any conflict present there, said conflict likely manifested itself into your smoking dream. Your brain just substituted a known negative, smoking, in place of the questionable actions you partook in. It's telling you "this is bad".

Just a guess. If I'm wrong but you're interested, supply more info =)

gambling is my only vice.
I maybe have one drink a month (and only if I have a win for the weekend)
I am pretty much celibate at this point (including the solo kind)
I don't smoke
I don't do drugs
June 4th, 2014 at 8:39:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: aceofspades
gambling is my only vice.
I maybe have one drink a month (and only if I have a win for the weekend)
I am pretty much celibate at this point (including the solo kind)
I don't smoke
I don't do drugs

Jeez, Fr Gamble has more fun than you and
he's a priest. I drink every day and am not
celibate. More and more research is showing
sex is good for you, even the solo kind. It's
keeps your prostate healthy, for one thing.

Vices are good, they keep us going. I have
too many cats, for instance.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 4th, 2014 at 8:40:40 PM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: Evenbob
Jeez, Fr Gamble has more fun than you and
he's a priest. I drink every day and am not
celibate. More and more research is showing
sex is good for you, even the solo kind. It's
keeps your prostate healthy, for one thing.

Vices are good, they keep us going. I have
too many cats, for instance.

I am not deserving of sex (even the solo kind) until I get some new business through the door - then I can justify some pleasure
Plus, it's not like anyone is beating down the door to get to me
June 4th, 2014 at 8:41:52 PM permalink
aceofspades
Must be weird dream season for the DT crew.

This one is easy. Smoking is a destructive behavior. You know this and you dislike it. Avoiding smoking is something you consciously choose to do. You have years of knowledge from watching your parents that make you 100% certain that you don't want it.

There is something in your life that is similar. It's not "the same", but psychologically there's a connection. It's something you're either currently doing, contemplating doing, or worried about doing. In your mind, you know it's a negative thing, but there's a temptation there. Your brain is trying to cope with it through your dreams.

I don't know you well enough to make but one guess - could it be your Vegas ass whooping? Through your posts, you exhibited unhealthy, self destructive, and self loathing behavior, what with the "punishments" you inflicted upon yourself for losing. And you jumped right back on the horse as soon as you got home. Look inside and see if a part of you didn't question yourself about your actions these past few weeks. If there's any conflict present there, said conflict likely manifested itself into your smoking dream. Your brain just substituted a known negative, smoking, in place of the questionable actions you partook in. It's telling you "this is bad".

Just a guess. If I'm wrong but you're interested, supply more info =)

Very true - but this dream has happened before (and not during a time of stress)
June 4th, 2014 at 9:09:02 PM permalink
Evenbob

Men are the pursuers, women seldom chase. So yeah,
nobody is knocking.
June 4th, 2014 at 11:05:06 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Smoke a cigarette and see if the dream goes away. It probably will. I think you're dreaming about smoking because you don't have the courage in real life. You'll probably become addicted instantly though because your body has already been exposed to it through second hand smoke.
June 4th, 2014 at 11:45:36 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
I am not deserving of sex (even the solo kind) until I get some new business through the door - then I can justify some pleasure
You're probably just depressed and have lost your confidence. It's just negative self-talk and you need to fight it. Diversify your hobbies and stay busy for a while. It's summer now and life is good. Get some sunshine and some exercise.
June 5th, 2014 at 12:19:24 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Years ago, I remember reading dream interpretation articles, and probably even looking through some books on it.

Then I read one where it said the dream probably means what you think it probably means, which seemed for practical purposes about as useful as anything else I read on it. So, if you have some vague idea what it might be about, maybe that's what you should go with.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 5th, 2014 at 6:02:16 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Very true - but this dream has happened before (and not during a time of stress)

That changes everything. (Maybe.) Let's start from the beginning.

As I told Wiz, dream interpretation is difficult if not impossible for an outsider to do. I'd have to have intimate, "best friend" knowledge of you for it even to be possible, and even then, I'd fail more often than not. But what I can do is give you tools to try to help you interpret your own dream.

Recurring dreams notify of a problem. Could be a real problem, could be just something Ace thinks is a problem. Only you know, or will know if you search. But recurring dreams almost always signal a struggle with a recurring problem.

The dream about smoking has nothing to do with actual smoking. Your brain is using it as a simile. You "detest" smoking. Your imaginative brain is using smoking as a place holder for something you detest in real life. And this could be anything, but it is almost certainly something that you're doing and have done in the past, hence the recurrence.

In order to decipher the dream, you have to break down the parts similar to I just did with the smoking. I imagine you weren't in a white room, all alone, no sights, sounds, or smells in your dream. What else was there? Paint a picture, relive your dream, notice the things around you. Once you've got that picture, examine the objects and how you felt about them in your dream individually. What the objects are means almost nothing; how you feel about them means everything. Just as smoking has zero to do with actual smoking but everything about how you feel about smoking, so too will the other parts of your dream have nothing to do with the noun and everything to do with the verb.

This is very hard to explain without an example, so since it's come up twice, I'll give one of my own. I'll start a separate post as it's long, and to give me the option to split it if need be.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 2 of 4<1234>