countries you can go to prison for
being Gay. Up till 1958 that was
even true in England. So saying
there's nothing wrong with it,
you have to be more specific. In
lots of places there's plenty wrong
with it.

Who cares about other countries?

Women can’t drive in some other countries. Is a woman behind the wheel of a car “wrong?”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 17th, 2019 at 2:24:35 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
We also have to remember that right and wrong don't change just because you live in another country.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 17th, 2019 at 3:24:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
Who cares about other countries?

The Gay people sitting in prison for
being Gay? Just a guess.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 14th, 2020 at 4:24:12 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: kewlj
I don't see the point in arguing or even discussing gay marriage any more ...

This is a bit of a hijack, but I'd like to welcome kewlj back after an almost six-year suspension. I post this here because this was his last post.

This action applies to DT only, for now. If kewlj can behave himself here for a while, I will consider unbanning him from WoV.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
May 14th, 2020 at 4:34:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
Now, in this country. In lots of other
countries you can go to prison for
being Gay. Up till 1958 that was
even true in England. So saying
there's nothing wrong with it,
you have to be more specific. In
lots of places there's plenty wrong
with it.

You don't need to go back to the 50s.

Theocracires today ban it as well.

It is "wrong" because it violates religious principles, not for a logical reason.

On the flipside, many of these countries also allow polygamy for the same reason which I suspect you oppose.....

Also, many of these countries ban divorce, which I also suspect you oppose...

You have to be careful praising a single social policy in countries where you probably disagree with most other policies....
May 14th, 2020 at 7:22:55 PM permalink
kewlj
Threads: 3
I wasn't aware Mike would be making this announcement, so I want to thank him for what I know he thinks is an opportunity to return to first here and maybe later WoV. Unfortunately that is not what I am looking for. No offense to Mike or anyone that participates here regularly, but this kind of forum is not what I am looking for or interested in. I am tired of all the political discussion and discussions and attack on people about their sexuality. That is pretty much all I have endured over the last 4 years since my departure from WoV.

I joined WoV to talk about gambling and advantage play and Las Vegas, and life, living in Las Vegas, all the things that lead me to WoV in the first place. And while I realize WoV has moved away from that in recent years, I was hoping to get back to that. I don't want any more part of all this political tribalism and demonizing anyone who may think differently that you politically and that includes people's sexuality. I am a advantage player, supporting myself from advantage play for 16 years now, 11 in Las Vegas, THAT is what I want to discuss, not who someone loves, sleeps with or their political thoughts.

So again, I thank Mike for considering my request, but we are just not looking for the same thing right now, not on the same page. I hope there is no hard feelings and wish him and everyone well, during these historically unusual and difficult times.
May 14th, 2020 at 7:28:00 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I wasn't aware Mike would be making this announcement, so I want to thank him for what I know he thinks is an opportunity to return to first here and maybe later WoV. Unfortunately that is not what I am looking for. No offense to Mike or anyone that participates here regularly, but this kind of forum is not what I am looking for or interested in. I am tired of all the political discussion and discussions and attack on people about their sexuality. That is pretty much all I have endured over the last 4 years since my departure from WoV.

I joined WoV to talk about gambling and advantage play and Las Vegas, and life, living in Las Vegas, all the things that lead me to WoV in the first place. And while I realize WoV has moved away from that in recent years, I was hoping to get back to that. I don't want any more part of all this political tribalism and demonizing anyone who may think differently that you politically and that includes people's sexuality. I am a advantage player, supporting myself from advantage play for 16 years now, 11 in Las Vegas, THAT is what I want to discuss, not who someone loves, sleeps with or their political thoughts.

So again, I thank Mike for considering my request, but we are just not looking for the same thing right now, not on the same page. I hope there is no hard feelings and wish him and everyone well, during these historically unusual and difficult times.

If you want to start a discussion here about living in Las Vegas and advantage gambling I will participate. I generally don't participate in any of the political issues. I have 30 years of Vegas experience and 25 years being in the gaming business and also taking advantage of slot plays. I realize you are a counter and I did that my first few years here part time but I wasn't patient enough with a small bankroll.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
May 14th, 2020 at 7:34:55 PM permalink
kewlj
Threads: 3
Quote: DRich
If you want to start a discussion here about living in Las Vegas and advantage gambling I will participate. I generally don't participate in any of the political issues. I have 30 years of Vegas experience and 25 years being in the gaming business and also taking advantage of slot plays. I realize you are a counter and I did that my first few years here part time but I wasn't patient enough with a small bankroll.

I appreciate your response DRich but the rules here are no talk of gambling and Mike specifically mentioned that to me privately. And no offense, I am familiar with this forum and where discussion go. It is everything I am NOT looking for in a forum and the precise reason I posted a total of 4 times here over the years. No offense to you or those that enjoy discussions of that nature, it is just not what I am looking for.
May 14th, 2020 at 10:26:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: DRich
If you want to start a discussion here about living in Las Vegas and advantage gambling I will participate.

HaHa you're funny. Not allowed, that's
the point of this place.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 15th, 2020 at 5:33:43 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Welcome back. I would be interested in your take on the pandemic. Did you get unemployment monies from the State and/or Feds? Have you found any on line opportunities? Are you volunteering more with your new found free time? Have you gotten a non-AP job to help tide things over? All of those topics would be fine here. Mike just doesn't want "I found this play on this slot machine. What is the EV?"
Page 48 of 51« First<45464748495051>