In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 31st, 2019 at 3:17:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Football recruiting: The Pac-12’s primary talent pool is shrinking faster than those of other Power Five conferences

No surprise to me, saw this coming about 5 years ago. These things usually start in CA. Football is now clearly in decline. In another 5-10 years it is easy to see the story will be high schools just dropping football as a sport.
The President is a fink.
January 31st, 2019 at 12:34:54 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
The democrats show their true colors. They only care about sexual misconduct when it fits their agenda.

House Dems Reject GOP Proposal to Block Raises for Federal Employees Guilty of Sexual Misconduct

https://freebeacon.com/politics/house-dems-reject-gop-proposal-to-block-raises-for-federal-employees-guilty-of-sexual-misconduct/
I quote part of the article:
Quote:
House Democrats on Wednesday rejected a Republican proposal to add a provision that would block federal employees who were disciplined for sexual misconduct to receive the same pay raise as the rest of their colleagues.

Republicans attempted to add the provision to legislation proposed by Democrats to give federal workers a 2.6 percent raise. The Republican proposal was to simply stipulate that workers disciplined for sexual misconduct be exempt from the raise.
Let's go Brandon
January 31st, 2019 at 12:43:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: fleaswatter
The democrats show their true colors. They only care about sexual misconduct when it fits their agenda.

House Dems Reject GOP Proposal to Block Raises for Federal Employees Guilty of Sexual Misconduct

https://freebeacon.com/politics/house-dems-reject-gop-proposal-to-block-raises-for-federal-employees-guilty-of-sexual-misconduct/
I quote part of the article:
Until Dec. 18, when Congressional members were found guilty of sexual harassment, the taxpayers had to pay. Millions each year were set aside to pay for those complaints, although there wasn't much exposure on msm. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/deal-sex-harassment-claims-congress-forces-lawmakers-pay-out-their-n947201

How two faced of them to demand no raises for regular employees!
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 31st, 2019 at 12:56:17 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Quote: petroglyph
Until Dec. 18, when Congressional members were found guilty of sexual harassment, the taxpayers had to pay. Millions each year were set aside to pay for those complaints, although there wasn't much exposure on msm. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/deal-sex-harassment-claims-congress-forces-lawmakers-pay-out-their-n947201

How two faced of them to demand no raises for regular employees!

Do you have a listing of democrats and republicans that have had claims paid by the taxpayers due to sexual harassment?
If you can name me a congressman who had a claim paid out and voted for the amendment to block raises, then I will agree with you.
If you can't, what you said is pure speculation.
Let's go Brandon
January 31st, 2019 at 12:59:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

????????
Are you disgusted with sexual predators regardless of politics?
Bill Clinton disgusts me
Donald Trump disgusts me
I never voted for either of these disgusting men.
Did you?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 31st, 2019 at 1:55:53 PM permalink
petroglyph
Do you have a listing of democrats and republicans that have had claims paid by the taxpayers due to sexual harassment?
If you can name me a congressman who had a claim paid out and voted for the amendment to block raises, then I will agree with you.
I'm not sure what you are asking me to produce ? Did you read the link I posted ?

Here is another link describing what has been happening: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/congress-details-payouts-sexual-harassment-accusers/story?id=51891212

"The Congressional Office of Compliance (OOC), now in the spotlight amid a wave of sexual harassment complaints on Capitol Hill, said last month that in total it has paid out more than $17 million in taxpayer dollars over 20 years to settle workplace complaints in Congress and the legislative branch.

Yet there is still so much data the office will not provide, including the total amount of taxpayer dollars it used to settle accusations of sexual harassment specifically, or the identities of those lawmakers involved.

"Under current law, the OOC is not authorized to release information about individual awards and settlements," the office said in a statement."
January 31st, 2019 at 2:12:58 PM permalink
fleaswatter
I'm not sure what you are asking me to produce ? Did you read the link I posted ?

I am asking for a specific name. For example: The government paid a sexual harassment claim against Congressman DIckhead and Congressman Dickhead voted against the amendment. Therefore Congressman Dickhead would be two faced.

You did not identify any specific congressman, by name, who is two faced. You just made some blanket statement.
Quote:

Here is another link describing what has been happening: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/congress-details-payouts-sexual-harassment-accusers/story?id=51891212

"The Congressional Office of Compliance (OOC), now in the spotlight amid a wave of sexual harassment complaints on Capitol Hill, said last month that in total it has paid out more than $17 million in taxpayer dollars over 20 years to settle workplace complaints in Congress and the legislative branch.

Yet there is still so much data the office will not provide, including the total amount of taxpayer dollars it used to settle accusations of sexual harassment specifically, or the identities of those lawmakers involved.

"Under current law, the OOC is not authorized to release information about individual awards and settlements," the office said in a statement."
Let's go Brandon
January 31st, 2019 at 2:21:38 PM permalink
petroglyph
You did not identify any specific congressman, by name, who is two faced. You just made some blanket statement.

Then no, I don't have a specific name at this time for you. Also you did not answer the question about whether or not you read the links I provided, and also where I underlined a statement that came from the article that allowed congresspersons the ability to hide their identity's.

two-facedDictionary result for two-faced
/ˈto͞o ˈˌfāst/Submit
adjective
insincere and deceitful.
"I soon learned that he was two-faced"
synonyms: deceitful, insincere, double-dealing, hypocritical, backstabbing, false, untrustworthy, duplicitous, Janus-faced, deceiving, dissembling, dishonest; More

dis·in·gen·u·ousDictionary result for disingenuous
/ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/Submit
adjective
not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.
January 31st, 2019 at 2:48:26 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Then no, I don't have a specific name at this time for you. Also you did not answer the question about whether or not you read the links I provided, and also where I underlined a statement that came from the article that allowed congresspersons the ability to hide their identity's.

/ˈto͞o ˈˌfâst/Submit
adjective
insincere and deceitful.
synonyms: deceitful, insincere, double-dealing, hypocritical, backstabbing, false, untrustworthy, duplicitous, Janus-faced, deceiving, dissembling, dishonest; More

/ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/Submit
adjective
not candid or sincere, typically by pretending that one knows less about something than one really does.

Fleaswatter only cares about sexual misconduct when it fits his agenda.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 31st, 2019 at 2:52:48 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Then no, I don't have a specific name at this time for you.

In other words, you cannot identify a single "two faced" congressman.

Quote:
Also you did not answer the question about whether or not you read the links I provided, and also where I underlined a statement that came from the article that allowed congresspersons the ability to hide their identity's.

I read you links. of course they hid their identities, old news.

Quote:
/ˈto͞o ˈˌfāst/Submit
adjective
insincere and deceitful.

/ˌdisənˈjenyo͞oəs/Submit
adjective
Let's go Brandon