In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 4th, 2018 at 1:06:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I'll disagree. The tax credit for children is just part of the formula for figuring out who pays how much. I don't consider taking less from someone truly government assistance, just as I don't consider my using my NY State taxes as a deduction Federal 'government assistance' because I pay slightly less Federal taxes because of my state taxes.

I think the difference is if it is a refundable credit or not. These are the sneaky little things. When I did taxes we called it "rent-a-kid." People too stupid to open a bank account knew better than a CPA how to maximize their child credits. At least it was fun when one person beat the other to file.

But do not at all say it is not a welfare payment when it is refundable.
The President is a fink.
December 6th, 2018 at 7:37:39 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Nancy Pelosi Says U.S. Has 'Three Coasts--North South and West'

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/cnsnewscom-staff/nancy-pelosi-says-us-has-three-coasts-north-south-and-west
Quote:
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi said at the close of her press briefing on Thursday that the United States has three coasts, "North, South and West.'"

Just remember, she will probably be the new "Speaker of the House".
Let's go Brandon
December 6th, 2018 at 10:11:44 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: fleaswatter
Nancy Pelosi Says U.S. Has 'Three Coasts--North South and West'

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/cnsnewscom-staff/nancy-pelosi-says-us-has-three-coasts-north-south-and-west

Well the US does have 3 coasts but I am not sure North South and West is the right description. Remember that there is an Arctic coast in Alaska.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 7th, 2018 at 5:13:52 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Well the US does have 3 coasts but I am not sure North South and West is the right description. Remember that there is an Arctic coast in Alaska.

We have 2 coasts just in Florida
East coast and Gulf coast
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 7th, 2018 at 5:16:30 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Damn right!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 7th, 2018 at 4:34:35 PM permalink
fleaswatter
I guess it is ok for an incoming member of Congress to threaten a private citizen

Ocasio threat to subpoena?

Quote:
Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez lambasted Donald Trump Jr., saying he was trying to distract from the Russia investigation and foolishly insulting incoming lawmakers who will have subpoena power.
Let's go Brandon
December 7th, 2018 at 7:13:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
I guess it is ok for an incoming member of Congress to threaten a private citizen

Hillary has been a private citizen for awhile now. All those lock her up threats?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 8th, 2018 at 9:58:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
Bundy garnered national attention in 2014 when his father, Cliven, led a standoff against the Bureau of Land Management over unpaid grazing fees. He then became the leader of another militia movement in 2016, during the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.

Bundy, a central figure in the anti-government militia movement, recently criticized Trump’s rhetoric towards the migrant caravan at America’s southern border. Following the sharing of his opinions, which was surprising to his supporters, Bundy told BuzzFeed News that he was the instant target of a heavy backlash. Some wished he was dead or that they never supported his family during the standoffs and others claimed he was paid to switch political sides.

While he expected to get some pushback, he thought he could explain to critics why he took the positions that he did. However, his speculation that people aligned with him for reasons other than his principles and weren’t really listening was confirmed by the backlash he received.
"It's like being in a room full of people in here, trying to teach, and no one is listening," Bundy told BuzzFeed News. "The vast majority seemed to hang on to what seemed like hate, and fear, and almost warmongering, and I don't want to associate myself with warmongers."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ammon-bundy-quits-militia-movement-over-trump-backlash/ar-BBQDBIV?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 8th, 2018 at 10:25:00 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Ocasio threat to subpoena?

The link is broken.

But yes, I think it’s fine for AOC to threaten a POS like Don Jr. with a subpoena.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 8th, 2018 at 2:03:33 PM permalink
fleaswatter