In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 3rd, 2018 at 8:07:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: kenarman
Sorry I didn't realize that lies come from the penis. No penis, no lies and we can have reverse onus when women make unfounded accusations.

No, you're just forgetting you're also not sinless.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2018 at 8:20:12 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
No, you're just forgetting you're also not sinless.

You have no idea whether I am sinless or not. I, however, know you are not. I remember when you abused me, it was a long time ago and I can't quite remember when or exactly where it was but I am sure it was you and you tried to sodomize me. You should be ashamed.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 3rd, 2018 at 8:28:56 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Sorry I didn't realize that lies come from the penis. No penis, no lies and we can have reverse onus when women make unfounded accusations.

I don't buy this
I lived in the Washington DC area and we had a very famous local case
Elisabeth Morgan accused her husband Eric A. Foretich of abusing their daughter
A lot was written about this case
Elisabeth Morgan refused to let her former husband see their daughter due to the allegations
She sat in jail for 2 years for contempt.

https://www.conservapedia.com/Elizabeth_Morgan_case

By the way the little girl is an adult now and wont have anything to do with her father
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 3rd, 2018 at 8:45:24 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
I don't buy this
I lived in the Washington DC area and we had a very famous local case
Elisabeth Morgan accused her husband Eric A. Foretich of abusing their daughter
A lot was written about this case
Elisabeth Morgan refused to let her former husband see their daughter due to the allegations
She sat in jail for 2 years for contempt.

https://www.conservapedia.com/Elizabeth_Morgan_case

By the way the little girl is an adult now and wont have anything to do with her father

I am not saying no abuse happens and that some of the time a women is not believed when she should be. What I am saying we have a well established court system where you are innocent until proven guilty and all accused should have that protection and not have their lives ruined by an unproved allegation.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 3rd, 2018 at 10:13:20 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Its unbalanced in the domestic violence scene too. A man gets mad he can strike out, a wife is weaker and will have to go into the kitchen to get a knife. The man will do two to three years but wife, having had time for reflection, will do fifteen years.

Women may always fear attack but its not really all that common. Men do get trashed in court though.

Many abuse allegations are made for leverage in a divorce setting; the truth is often unknown. Kids can be brainwashed into believing its the truth. One woman tried to tell her father she was sorry when he got out of prison, but he told her the time for honesty was nine years ago now is the time for her to get lost.
October 3rd, 2018 at 10:22:10 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Slashdot just offered up another survey showing Uber drivers average under ten dollars an hour.
October 3rd, 2018 at 11:42:00 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
Slashdot just offered up another survey showing Uber drivers average under ten dollars an hour.

The only drivers making any money drive
their cars into the ground 12-14 hours
a day, 6 days a week. For the rest it's
a part time supplemental job.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 3rd, 2018 at 11:53:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

You have to concentrate on doing it at only surge times. Maybe try to hustle a fair if you live near the airport and commute to town. Any kind of driving gig is mostly like that. Either you get bored sitting or don't have time to breathe.
The President is a fink.
October 3rd, 2018 at 2:30:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You only have to examine two facts
to set yourself straight on the 'blue
wave' fallacy. Michael Moore's movie
opened 2 weeks ago in 1700 theaters
and has taken in a paltry $5mil so far.
It's a giant bomb. And 92,000 people
asked for tickets to a Trump rally this
week.

It doesn't take a brainiac to figure out
what's going on. The same as in 2016,
but the media is ignoring it. The Lib
reviewers at Rotten Tomatoes had the
Moore bomb at 80%. They opened
it in an unheard of 1700 theaters, huge
for a docu. They thought the Libs would
go wild for this, they're so fired up.
It wasn't even a fart in the wind, that's
how much they cared..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 3rd, 2018 at 3:08:40 PM permalink
Aussie
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
You have to concentrate on doing it at only surge times. Maybe try to hustle a fair if you live near the airport and commute to town. Any kind of driving gig is mostly like that. Either you get bored sitting or don't have time to breathe.

If you chase surge what you will find is by the time you reach that area more often than not the surge is much lower or gone because every other driver has the same idea. If you happen to find yourself in the middle of a surge area then great, you lucked in. Just drive at known high demand times like weekends. You won’t be guaranteed surge pricing but you will have enough demand that you will never be waiting more than a few minutes for your next job. The rest of the week would be a waste of time.