In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 8th, 2018 at 9:28:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
Where did the hundred G's go once they hit the Phllipines?

Victims families wanted to get it back, but I didn't hear if they succeeded. Girlfriend didn't say much about donating anything.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 9th, 2018 at 7:06:11 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Victims families wanted to get it back.
The lawyers for victim's families want to be able to rack up billable hours for trying to get it back.
August 12th, 2018 at 6:48:31 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.flanewsonline.com/howard-faked-her-diploma/amp/
This is too funny
Republican running for an election in Florida claimed to be a college graduate. She was called out on that lie so she went so far as to post her diploma on facebook and a newspaper also posted the picture.
Fake
What a clown
She thought the school would not notice the lies. Instead the University saw the fake diploma from their school online and declared it fake.
It gets richer, the campaign claims this is fake news.
Hmm.
Why did she take down the pic of her diploma?
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 12th, 2018 at 1:33:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I'm glad the social media giants haven't silenced Alex Jones Infowars. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-11/infowars-website-traffic-explodes-after-silicon-valley-blacklists-alex-jones-empire

I don't watch or listen to his program, but just as it's supposed to be if I don't want to listen, I don't. I think he's a bit whack, but apparently he as an audience that values is program. Facebook, and the others shouldn't have the power to censor alternative media into oblivion?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 12th, 2018 at 1:41:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
xoops wrong thread.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 12th, 2018 at 2:10:36 PM permalink
terapined
I'm glad the social media giants haven't silenced Alex Jones Infowars. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-08-11/infowars-website-traffic-explodes-after-silicon-valley-blacklists-alex-jones-empire

I don't watch or listen to his program, but just as it's supposed to be if I don't want to listen, I don't. I think he's a bit whack, but apparently he as an audience that values is program. Facebook, and the others shouldn't have the power to censor alternative media into oblivion?

I really don't get this censorship thing.
Who cares if FB deletes Alex Jones
Say twitter deletes him also
So what.
This America. Companies should have the freedom to run their businesses as they see fit
If I or anybody on the planet wants to listen to Alex Jones, you go to his website.
If I am interested in anything anybody says, I go to their website
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 12th, 2018 at 2:36:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined

You don't get it because it happened
to a conservative. Shrug, who cares,
move along, nothing to see here. If
it was a Lib platform, you would be
outraged beyond belief.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 12th, 2018 at 5:30:55 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
these are lil man's friends lol!!!!!

August 12th, 2018 at 6:08:53 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Who cares if FB deletes Alex Jones
Say twitter deletes him also
So what.
I pretty much am of the same opinion, but for me it's like that saying, " I didn't speak up when they came for the Protestants" etc.

Quote:
This America. Companies should have the freedom to run their businesses as they see fit
I agree, but with this global media venue which is influenced by our intelligence services, elections are corrupted because of the sheer size and scope of these social media giants. I don't want them having that much influence in censoring contrarian opinions.

NSFW: https://www.theburningplatform.com/2018/08/11/facebook-brags-they-can-change-any-public-opinion/

Twitter recently removed 30 million accounts IIRC. They found that many of the account holders were bots making up to a thousand posts per day, proving they weren't human. After that, FB removed millions of accounts as well, I think for the same reason.

A mod on the other board said [loosely] people are obligated to vote, and should get info ...someplace? Anyway, many of the liv voters are getting their opinion as to who to vote for, from FB and other social media sites. They are getting their election info from a robots !

There has been the big stink about Russians influencing our elections [as if we didn't do that round the world in every country]. I don't believe the troll farm in Russia had any meaningful influence. But millions of bots, certainly could.

So although I don't listen to Rush or Jones, I don't want them silenced. I don't read Drudge either, but I don't want them censured.

Google, FB, twitter etc. are all GSE's. They shouldn't get to pick the winners.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 12th, 2018 at 6:25:46 PM permalink
terapined
I pretty much am of the same opinion, but for me it's like that saying, " I didn't speak up when they came for the Protestants" etc.

I agree, but with this global media venue which is influenced by our intelligence services, elections are corrupted because of the sheer size and scope of these social media giants. I don't want them having that much influence in censoring contrarian opinions.

NSFW: https://www.theburningplatform.com/2018/08/11/facebook-brags-they-can-change-any-public-opinion/

Twitter recently removed 30 million accounts IIRC. They found that many of the account holders were bots making up to a thousand posts per day, proving they weren't human. After that, FB removed millions of accounts as well, I think for the same reason.

A mod on the other board said [loosely] people are obligated to vote, and should get info ...someplace? Anyway, many of the liv voters are getting their opinion as to who to vote for, from FB and other social media sites. They are getting their election info from a robots !

There has been the big stink about Russians influencing our elections [as if we didn't do that round the world in every country]. I don't believe the troll farm in Russia had any meaningful influence. But millions of bots, certainly could.

So although I don't listen to Rush or Jones, I don't want them silenced. I don't read Drudge either, but I don't want them censured.

Google, FB, twitter etc. are all GSE's. They shouldn't get to pick the winners.

I really think its much ado about nothing
Take the Grateful Dead
I could care less if Google, twitter and FB banned the band.
If I want the latest news, I go to their website
I was curious how conservatives were reacting to Omarosa
I did not go to FB, twitter or google
I went to Breibart web site and looked at the comments
As long as you can start a web site you have freedom of speech on the internet. Its not that hard. I used to have one.
If I am interested in what Alex jones has to say, the last place I go is to FB or twitter
I go to his web site. Isn't that where everybody goes if they want to know what he is saying?
Why go anyplace else?