In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 20th, 2018 at 12:27:54 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
So, about that child separation policy and the executive order Trump has decided to sign.

Quote: Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen
Congress and the courts created this problem, and Congress alone can fix it. Until then, we will enforce every law we have on the books to defend the sovereignty and security of the United States.

Trump didn't need to sign an executive order to reverse this "policy" and it also made me think of marijuana:

Trump administration abandons crackdown on legal marijuana

Quote:
The Trump administration is abandoning a Justice Department threat to crack down on recreational marijuana in states where it is legal... President Trump personally directed the abrupt retreat
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 20th, 2018 at 1:04:15 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Dalex64
Trump didn't need to sign an executive order to reverse this "policy"

What policy? There is no policy! #FAKENEWS

These people are the f%*#ing worst.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 20th, 2018 at 1:15:09 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Dalex64
So, about that child separation policy and the executive order Trump has decided to sign.

It is the case that the whole business could still be handled in the way it was done in the Obama administration, which may have been the same way the Bush administration was handling it too. I can't see how that could continue to be acceptable.*

At some point, as the problem has escalated and as things have developed, we have to ask "who is responsible for the death of Desdemona?"** Well, it is Othello, but is there anyone who would not also lay as much or more blame on Iago? The decision to make these children a political football, and to do nothing about it, was made a long time ago. I also fault Trump now for kicking this deplorable football with just as much gusto, but perhaps also for not seeing "Iago" for who he really is too.

*of course for anyone who is an Advocate of Illegal Immigration, with more and more of it and opponents over a barrel, things have gotten better instead of worse

**when sizing up the complexity of the abuse of innocents the work can often be hard to beat
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
June 20th, 2018 at 4:32:31 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Hm. So the coward would-be dictator of the tiny hands and bad comb-over caved?

I wonder how his sycophant bootlickers feel about being stabbed on the back like that.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 20th, 2018 at 7:54:55 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
I have to ask: are you happy with the fucking Nazi in the Oval Office?

I don't care if I'm suspended. This board has lost any appeal it might have had. When a mere word is worse than openly demeaning women, insulting minorities, and kissing Trump's ass, then you don't have to look for what's wrong with the world, you simply walk to the nearest mirror and take a look.

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/trump-using-children-as-bargaining-chips-in-immigration-battle/

Because child abuse as policy is what? Noble? Great? Brilliant? Stable genius?

Per the martingale policy, one month for profanity.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
June 21st, 2018 at 1:07:42 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Fast food company Burger King Russia has been forced to apologize after an advertisement offered Russian women the chance to win $47,000 and free Whoppers for life if they got impregnated by a World Cup player.

Burger King has had quite a few weird ad campaigns. No reason Russia should be any different.

Remember Subservient Chicken.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 21st, 2018 at 2:24:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

Remember Subservient Chicken.

lol You're an odd person. Too bad you're
such a Lib, I might like you..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 22nd, 2018 at 1:39:50 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quotes by Donald Trump:

"Sleep well tonight"

and June 13
"Just landed - a long trip, but everybody can now feel much safer than the day I took office. There is no longer a Nuclear Threat from North Korea. Meeting with Kim Jong Un was an interesting and very positive experience. North Korea has great potential for the future!"

because

June 22
“The existence and risk of proliferation of weapons-usable fissile material on the Korean Peninsula and the actions and policies of the Government of North Korea continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security, foreign policy, and economy of the United States,”
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 22nd, 2018 at 6:20:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://theantimedia.com/supreme-court-victory-privacy/

"The ruling on Friday follows a 2014 decision in which the justices unanimously determined that police must obtain a warrant before they can search the cellphone of an arrested person."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 23rd, 2018 at 4:49:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Mexico set to elect radical POM.

The President is a fink.