In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 2nd, 2018 at 2:54:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
So sad I was on vacation when the whole Roseanne fiasco went down!

I watched and enjoyed all 9 episodes of this new season. I am a little sad that it is not coming back, but I totally understand ABC's decision to axe the show after Roseanne's crazy and racist tweet.

And no, the show will not move to another network. Roseanne is toxic now. None of the other (important) cast members would share the screen with her again.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 2nd, 2018 at 5:19:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
C'mon, next you're going to claim they can't revive the Cosby show.

"Cleo, dad's calling from jail!"
Cosby overheard on phone. "No, I hate Jello! Get that out of here!"
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 2nd, 2018 at 5:56:00 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

"Cleo, dad's calling from jail!"
Cosby overheard on phone. "No, I hate Jello! Get that out of here!"

Did he ever sell just Jello? I thought
it was always Jello pudding and
pudding pops.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 2nd, 2018 at 7:41:23 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
Did he ever sell just Jello? I thought
it was always Jello pudding and
pudding pops.

You're probably right. I wasn't really trying to get precise. I'm not ever sure I ever tried a pudding pop. Had plenty of jello combos. My mom made jello with fruit in it. And I think some marshmellow thing. Cafeteria food had Jello and cottage cheese. And Jello was what you got served if you were throwing up and trying to get on solid food.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2018 at 2:21:08 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: ams288

And no, the show will not move to another network. Roseanne is toxic now. None of the other (important) cast members would share the screen with her again.
Lawyers, bankers, network executives, fan club presidents wouldn't allow it. Anymore than those who suffer from political incorrectness for any other reason. Oh a few have made comebacks: Kathy Griffin perhaps. Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr. made comebacks. Public opinion can be a harsh task master at times. The limelight can be a harsh glare.
June 4th, 2018 at 12:34:46 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
U.S. Supreme Court backs Christian baker who spurned gay couple

RUH ROH! lil man gon be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssed LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 4th, 2018 at 1:43:59 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6
From the FIRST SENTENCE of the link above. As in, do you read the sources you cite?

Quote:
...stopping short of setting a major precedent allowing people to claim exemptions from anti-discrimination laws based on religious beliefs.

They resolved NOTHING except that the Commission that issued the ruling did not adequately consider the bigot's baker's 1st Amendment rights when they made the decision.

There is no finding of merit on the argument he made. There is no precedent set. It's a process correction. And meaningless for either side in the propaganda war.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
June 4th, 2018 at 1:58:16 PM permalink
ams288
Once the Supreme Court rules that gays aren't allowed to eat cake anymore, THEN I'll be pissed.
June 4th, 2018 at 2:21:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: YeahBaby
U.S. Supreme Court backs Christian baker who spurned gay couple

RUH ROH! lil man gon be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssed LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lefties are yawning and saying, who cares.
But you can take it to the bank that they
would be dancing in the streets today if
it had gone their way. They would be out
tomorrow trying to shut down every religious
based business in the country.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 4th, 2018 at 2:25:04 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Evenbob
But you can take it to the bank that they
would be dancing in the streets today if
it had gone their way.

This is false.

To get me to dance in the streets, it's gonna take something BIG. Like Rush Limbaugh croaking.