In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 30th, 2018 at 11:05:54 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Hawaii false warning:

I can't believe it. The employee who triggered the official warning to all cell phones in Hawaii did NOT do so by accident. At the time he sent it he actually thought there was an attack because he had heard the phrase "This is not a drill" in the exercise that was then being conducted.
January 30th, 2018 at 11:08:03 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: SOOPOO
Me! I am paying more taxes after this cut! But seriously, the Repubs would answer (lie) that the lower rates multiplied by more people employed and paying would be a 'win' and not a loss. And just like Obamacare, it will be very difficult to take away the middle class tax cut once it is implemented. 20 trillion dollars at 2.5 % a year is HALF A TRILLION dollars in interest alone we are paying. Get rid of the debt! Raise my taxes AND your taxes and LOWER spending! It will be painful! But it is the right thing to do.

All estimates state that the debt will continue to rise with this tax cut bill to the tune of 1.6 trillion over 8 years. Of course the right ignore this. And it's completely their bill. They've ignored fiscal responsibility. The tea party threatened to default on the debt twice during the Obama Administration. And the current administration refuses to pass a budget.

Interest on the debt at 14.700 trillion in money owed to bonds, etc for 2016/17 was 266 billion, at less than 2%. But this is projected to rise dramatically as interest rates rises and bond yields increase.

Interest on the national debt

When interest rates rise, so do bond yields which makes lending more expensive for the government. This happens when the economy is humming along.

But nobody seems to care about this. It goes to show you that absolutely nobody seems to care about the future, as long as they can have ice cream today.
January 30th, 2018 at 11:17:59 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: boymimbo
But nobody seems to care about this. It goes to show you that absolutely nobody seems to care about the future, as long as they can have ice cream today.
Particularly politicians who are adept at blaming things on the previous administration.
January 30th, 2018 at 12:11:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Woman denied emotional support peacock on United flight

I am all for cutting down on this "emotional support" animals on planes B.S.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 30th, 2018 at 12:30:01 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288

Down here they have cut back to two animals that are accepted as emotional support animals. Dogs and miniature horses or pony's of some kind. Can you imagine going to Denny's for breakfast and somebody in the next booth has a friggin miniature horse with them, farting and whinnying? I think they are supposed to put diapers on them, but they still can "fluff".

When I had horses, I didn't really get emotional support from them, mostly just bills.

Wonder if peacocks shit like geese? They could paint the inside of a plane on a short trip.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 30th, 2018 at 1:38:10 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288

Its either a joke or somebody is a media whore looking for their 15 min of fame
Its so absurd, did not clink on the link
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 30th, 2018 at 6:07:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Democrats Panic Over Avalanche of Good Economic News

"Here’s the bad news for Democrats: The good news from the tax bill is going to be bigger and more powerful in the months ahead, leading right up to the fall elections. Americans vote with their pocketbooks, which day by day are getting fatter. Nothing is more dangerous to Democrats’ ambitions in the upcoming elections than today’s booming economy.."

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/371349-democrats-panic-over-avalanche-of-good-economic-news
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 30th, 2018 at 6:37:31 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Wasn't the Dow down over 300 points today?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 30th, 2018 at 6:53:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Democrats Panic Over Avalanche of Good Economic News

"Here’s the bad news for Democrats: The good news from the tax bill is going to be bigger and more powerful in the months ahead, leading right up to the fall elections. Americans vote with their pocketbooks, which day by day are getting fatter. Nothing is more dangerous to Democrats’ ambitions in the upcoming elections than today’s booming economy.."

http://thehill.com/opinion/finance/371349-democrats-panic-over-avalanche-of-good-economic-news

Rush has said it for years, good economic news for the USA is bad news for Democrats.

Back to SOTU. He is hitting it out of the park!
The President is a fink.
January 31st, 2018 at 11:02:09 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
CBS: 75% APPROVE OF SPEECH

Thump said America over 80 times, what
was he thinking. How insulted all the Dems
were. He said 'we' 140 times, compared
to Obama saying 'I' 4000 times in every
speech he ever gave. lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.