In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 2nd, 2017 at 4:29:08 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Nope, that's the only thing worse than what we do now. One approved opinion.

That is what the lamestream media is right now. Different voices, but one opinion.
The President is a fink.
October 2nd, 2017 at 4:31:09 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Dalex64
I don't see the need to have opposing views on the same show or even on the same station, but I would like to see opinion more clearly identified as such and "facts" having to be backed up with actual evidence.

One of the reasons to have as close to each other -- is the act of comparison is much harder otherwise. People have very limited recall of the immediate to the point where memories aren't even that clear as time passes.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 2nd, 2017 at 4:56:59 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Heck, lets just have one channel like they do in N Korea. Make sure everyone got their mind right!

We already have a state run media channel in this country, it's called Fox News.

I WISH this were hyperbole
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 3rd, 2017 at 3:27:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: ams288
We already have a state run media channel in this country, it's called Fox News.

Uh, no. 100% flipped. If you recall, the state complained about FNC over and over, even once having POTUS visit every news outlet except FNC.

Actually, FNC is the best at showing both sides as was earlier suggested. Almost always a guest from the left and right on the opinion shows.
The President is a fink.
October 3rd, 2017 at 4:58:57 AM permalink
ams288
Uh, no. 100% flipped. If you recall, the state complained about FNC over and over, even once having POTUS visit every news outlet except FNC.

Psst. Donald is President now. Thought you should know. Enjoy it while it lasts. May be a short tenure...
October 3rd, 2017 at 5:10:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Psst. Donald is President now. Thought you should know. Enjoy it while it lasts. May be a short tenure...

7.5 more years.

Nothing to do with which media carry the state agenda. You might not have noticed, but the deep state establishment is not exactly toeing the line. But you are probably naive enough to think we live in a democracy, where the government listens to the people.
The President is a fink.
October 3rd, 2017 at 5:16:38 AM permalink
ams288
When I see a rightie talk about the "deep state," it looks to me like they're just making excuses for why their President has been so damn ineffective in his first 9 months...
October 3rd, 2017 at 6:17:50 AM permalink
AZDuffman
When I see a rightie talk about the "deep state," it looks to me like they're just making excuses for why their President has been so damn ineffective in his first 9 months...

That is because you believe the system works like it is supposed to work. It doesn't. Power happens at all kinds of points in the system, and people that exercise that power are not whom they seem. Do you really think an unknown senator from IL really got to be POTUS on his own merit? Did you never wonder why he got all the push he got from the media and other places?

The real world dose not work like you think it does. Trump had enough of his own push to overcome what deep state wanted. Now they have to do anything they can to destroy the outsider.
The President is a fink.
October 3rd, 2017 at 7:08:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Oopsie

Quote:
A text message sent in January to U.S. Rep. Tim Murphy by a woman with whom he had an extra-marital relationship took him to task for an anti-abortion statement posted on Facebook from his office's public account.

"And you have zero issue posting your pro-life stance all over the place when you had no issue asking me to abort our unborn child just last week when we thought that was one of the options," Shannon Edwards, a forensic psychologist in Pittsburgh with whom the congressman admitted last month to having a relationship, wrote to Mr. Murphy on Jan. 25, in the midst of an unfounded pregnancy scare.

A text from Mr. Murphy’s cell phone number that same day in response says, "I get what you say about my March for life messages. I've never written them. Staff does them. I read them and winced. I told staff don't write any more. I will."

The congressman has been lauded by the Family Research Council, for his stance on abortion, as well as for family values, generally. He also has been endorsed by LifePAC, which opposes abortion rights, and is a member of the House Pro-Life Caucus, an affiliation that is often cited by his office.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/rep-tim-murphy-popular-with-pro-life-movement-urged-abortion-in-affair-texts-suggest/ar-AAsRPp6?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2017 at 7:21:35 PM permalink
rxwine
. Now they have to do anything they can to destroy the outsider.

Half the people I know started disliking Trump long before there was any push at all. You just had to listen to him.

That's how the real world works.

If fact, tell anyone who cares about politics at all the policies first and they don't care about the name. You don't like gun control, or a pro-choice, you don't even need to hear who the candidate is.