In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 24th, 2016 at 2:16:20 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
Well a musket held by the shooter would have made a difference. Grenades manufactured for the military would have as well in the perpetrator's hands.

So, yeah, the weapon capability makes a difference, it's not just a people argument.

Likewise if you mow people down in a Smart Car, it's not going to be as effective as a Cadillac Escalade.

They've yet to release any details on the weapons used.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 24th, 2016 at 5:07:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs
Monica Lewinski was a woman in love who did not want her business out there, not only consented but instigated their intimacy, did not come after Clinton or charge him with sexual harassment. She would never have been near him and did not work for him except that the gov't got shut down and only volunteers were allowed to work in the WH at the time (other than senior, critical staffing about 20 levels above her or more); she was filling in on routine low-level duties like emptying office garbage cans.

Anita Hill worked for Clarence Thomas, was subjected to unwanted personal attention during work, had filed harassment charges against him, felt it was her duty to testify in support of what she'd previously reported.

Yeah, there's a difference. More than one. Why do you insist on spinning things like this?

I am not "spinning" anything. I am trying to get you to understand the point. It not about Monica who stalked Bill. It is about Bill who sexually harassed Paula Jones then lied (perjury) in the discovery process of her lawsuit against him.

So, like I said, I suppose to you we should be able to pick and choose which women we investigate when sexual harassment is claimed?
The President is a fink.
January 27th, 2016 at 5:30:26 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
One dead, 7 arrested including the leader, in the Oregon occupation. Occupied area sealed off in a siege.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 27th, 2016 at 6:36:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Dalex64
One dead, 7 arrested including the leader, in the Oregon occupation. Occupied area sealed off in a siege.

The guy killed said no way was he going to serve any time in jail
He should have listened to Baretta
Don't do the crime if you cant do the time.
If I am stopped on the highway at a police check point, the smart thing to do is follow all police instructions
Obviously this clown cant follow orders. Why? Because he has a gun, he doesn't have to follow orders. Oh well. A dead gun nut.

The funny thing, the no go zone outside Burns Oregon continues due to a few white conservative terrorist gun nuts still holed up.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 5th, 2016 at 11:21:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
So it's Hawaii and it's a most wanted fugitive.

Now how's this guy escape notice on islands long enough to be most wanted fugitive? I mean his picture -- obviously a guy you couldn't pick out of a crowd.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ronald-barawis-one-hawaii-s-most-wanted-fugitives-killed-police-n512656
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 8th, 2016 at 6:16:09 AM permalink
terapined
I saw this a couple weeks ago and thought it was funny, A woman pulls over a cop for speeding

Now the police union is furious and getting their revenge
Just really sad then the public cant call out a cop for doing the wrong thing without being punished unfairly by the police union

The police union motto should be - don't mess with dirty cops

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/2016/02/04/miami-police-union-leader-retaliates-against-woman-who-pulled-cop-over-by-doxing-her/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 13th, 2016 at 11:37:39 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
A new study of the open-source software-development website GitHub found that women coders have work accepted at a higher rate than their male counterparts. The caveat: this is only true when the coder’s gender can’t be identified.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Technology/2016/0213/Are-women-better-coders-than-men
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 13th, 2016 at 12:25:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
I saw this a couple weeks ago and thought it was funny, A woman pulls over a cop for speeding

Now the police union is furious and getting their revenge

I was wondering what the cops would do
to the woman, I knew they would do
something. I dealt with cops when I
had the cab co and they generally aren't
very bright and think they're way above
the law and everybody else. The public
thinks cops are like the the actors they
see on TV, and they aren't. They're
often rude and overbearing.

I remember one time in the 80's I saw
one of my cabs pulled over by a cop.
I always carried a camera and got out
and started taking a few pics. The cop
came unglued and threatened me with
arrest. I told him it wasn't illegal to take
pics of anything on public property, even
cops. He told me to get in my car and
leave or I was going downtown.

I can only imagine in these days where
everybody has a video camera on their
phones, the cops must be going crazy
with people filming them all the time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 15th, 2016 at 7:02:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Get out the popcorn!

Just jump to about :40 and really :47

The President is a fink.
February 16th, 2016 at 5:23:39 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: AZDuffman
Get out the popcorn!

Just jump to about :40 and really :47

If I'm gonna eat popcorn, I'm watching Trump baby.
this is the entertaining political video from yesterday
Trump totally unloads on the weak candidates on the right
The quotes are pure gold.
"Ted Cruz is a totally unstable individual. He is the single biggest liar I’ve ever come across, in politics or otherwise, and I have seen some of the best of them"
"His statements are totally untrue and completely outrageous. It is hard to believe a person who proclaims to be a Christian could be so dishonest and lie so much."
On Bush supporting Bush
"I've heard for years he kept the country safe after 9/11,What does that mean, after? What about during 9/11? I was there. I lost a lot of friends that were killed in that building. The worst attack ever in this country, it was during his presidency"
Regarding the RNC and the pledge not to run 3rd party
"As far as I'm concerned, they're in default on their pledge"