In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 2nd, 2022 at 8:44:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Sure it matters why something is done. About every action I can think of matters why they are done. You can be driving a car too fast to get someone to hospital or because you just ran over someone and trying to escape detection. You can be nice to someone to make a friend or be trying to con them. etc, etc.

Same action can mean entirely different things.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 2nd, 2022 at 8:50:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Sure it matters why something is done. About every action I can think of matters why they are done. You can be driving a car too fast to get someone to hospital or because you just ran over someone and trying to escape detection. You can be nice to someone to make a friend or be trying to con them. etc, etc.

Same action can mean entirely different things.

So, pre-1970 Democrats support discrimination against blacks and it is bad

post-1970 Democrats support discrimination against whites and it is good

??

Sorry, to me your logic is not making sense. Hopefully SCOTUS quotes O'connor's "20 year expiration date" on the last ruling upholding state-sanctioned discrimination dressed up in the name "affirmative action" and throw it out forever.
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2022 at 8:58:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Those comparisons certainly do work. They're just not complete opposites. Discrimination like Jim Crow was much worse in many ways than small numbers of diversity being done today, and saying it was done to purposely discriminate against whites is completely bogus. Where the other was done against blacks.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 2nd, 2022 at 10:00:00 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I hate using race to determine anything. I hope the SC swats away the racist policies of UNC and Harvard. Anyone who says affirmative action is not a racist policy is just denying what is obvious.
November 2nd, 2022 at 12:11:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
I hate using race to determine anything. I hope the SC swats away the racist policies of UNC and Harvard. Anyone who says affirmative action is not a racist policy is just denying what is obvious.

Will whites claim racism when they can't get in :-) SC is about to make these all Asian schools. It's a business and businesses support a diverse company.
It's about freedom to operate your company to maximize profits.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/apple-ge-major-us-companies-supreme-court-uphold/story?id=87638125
"More than 80 major American companies that employ tens of thousands of U.S. workers are asking the Supreme Court to uphold the use of race as a factor in college admissions, calling affirmative action critical to building diverse workforces and, in turn, growing profits."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 2nd, 2022 at 12:27:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: terapined
Will whites claim racism when they can't get in :-) SC is about to make these all Asian schools. It's a business and businesses support a diverse company.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/apple-ge-major-us-companies-supreme-court-uphold/story?id=87638125
"More than 80 major American companies that employ tens of thousands of U.S. workers are asking the Supreme Court to uphold the use of race as a factor in college admissions, calling affirmative action critical to building diverse workforces and, in turn, growing profits."

Heaven forbid conservatives using data.
November 2nd, 2022 at 3:48:30 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined

I can only imagine if the NFL or NBA enacted a formal policy to have more white players even if not as skilled as the Black players being replaced.
November 2nd, 2022 at 4:55:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
I can only imagine if the NFL or NBA enacted a formal policy to have more white players even if not as skilled as the Black players being replaced.

There's a whole bunch of occupational skills that don't need the best in the world to accomplish even among doctors.

Also, the best and the brightest among best and brightest will never have a problem getting into the best schools, so you don't have to worry the top 1% of 1% will get rejected.
November 3rd, 2022 at 2:49:36 AM permalink
PotPie
Threads: 5
A lot of the racism has bubbled up fairly recently because many people of color have shown themselves to be capable high level professionals.
This really irks some whites who have not been able to scale the ladder.
To them, it's very wrong - that a black person has a professional status above them.
They try to falsely claim that reverse racism is the reason.
Another one of the big lies from the extreme right.
the foolish sayings of a rich man pass for words of wisdom by the fools around him
November 3rd, 2022 at 3:33:36 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
I'll let Tanko explain how Biden runs all those other economies.

EU energy policies caused those nations to become addicted to Russian oil and gas. Just as the Prophet Trump foretold in 2018. "Totally dependent". Now, they're paying for their mistakes, while Biden and the dem party anti-fossil fuel crusade has reduced US oil production by one million barrels per day. As foretold by the Prophet Trump in 2020.

'Europe Is Heading For ‘Deep Recession’, Deindustrialization' -

'Before the Russia-Ukraine war, the EU sourced almost half of its natural gas imports from Russia, and so when Russia cuts its gas exports to Europe in retaliation for sanctions, the only thing to do is ration and scramble for alternatives. Why these leaders did not think of this before is for another source to debate.'