In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 27th, 2022 at 7:34:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You're just too good DR. All that sports watching.

Quote:
Carnival rims may be smaller than normal and oval-shaped, not round, and may be positioned higher than regulation to prevent a score other than with a difficult high-arching swish. Balls are overinflated to make them super-bouncy.

"And there may be netting or other items behind the rim designed to interfere with your depth perception," notes Glenn Hester, a Georgia police officer and magician who investigates carnival games fraud. He's got a book too, Carnival Cop.

https://www.aarp.org/money/scams-fraud/info-07-2012/rigged-carnival-games.html#:~:text=The%20Basketball%20Shoot,to%20make%20them%20super%2Dbouncy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 27th, 2022 at 9:24:04 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Nalley, who hails from Elizabethtown, about 45 miles south of Louisville, was asked to the set of "CSI" after show producers in Los Angeles spotted his macabre, yet hilarious series of TikToks.
For the past year, the 42-year-old restaurant manager has campaigned for the role of an "un-alive person" on a "movie or television show" by creating daily posts at various locations around the Bluegrass State.

Although the locations are always different, his postures seldom vary.
Most often he's facedown, in snow, dirt, grass, or rocks on the bank of a river, someone's front lawn, or a local park. Occasionally Nalley changes up his "dead guy" pose and slumps against a crumbling brick wall or reclines head first at the foot of a set of stairs.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 27th, 2022 at 1:37:05 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
What's the difference? If someone wants more money from you, they can just raise the price. No one is stopping them.
that sounds like an argument that Biden is an idiot, if he eliminates the fees by edict, they will just raise the regular price
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 27th, 2022 at 3:26:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
that sounds like an argument that Biden is an idiot, if he eliminates the fees by edict, they will just raise the regular price

Sorry, that makes no sense.

Sellers will only make what people are willing to pay. This just brings the whole price up front. That's the idea.
October 27th, 2022 at 4:18:52 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
You're just too good DR. All that sports watching.

I may know how to play most sports at a high level, but I can't play any of them very well. I am particularly bad at basketball. I couldn't make the Washington Generals Elementary school girls team. I was proud that I made second string Defensive End for my Jr High football team weighing in at in impressive 90 pounds. I played on two state champion baseball teams riding the bench, my impressive 7-8 record as a Jr High wrestler was my most promising sport until I lost a kidney, and that kidney lost was due to my below average ability as a skier. Not really a sport, but I was a decent pool shooter as a young man finishing 3rd two years in a row at the University of Iowa.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 28th, 2022 at 1:11:19 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Sorry, that makes no sense.

Sellers will only make what people are willing to pay. This just brings the whole price up front. That's the idea.
I am numbering you as seemingly among the cheerleaders here for whatever goofball idea that comes down the line from the Biden administration. Those cheerleaders see Biden pandering for votes ... "no more fees to pay folks!" ... and you know damn well he's just pandering. Yet what crosses the mind of such a cheerleader is "wow, gotta cheer for that too" ... hey everybody, everything is free now if we will just all go "Heil Biden!"

there's no point in telling me you're not a mindless cheerleader. You have to show you are not.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 28th, 2022 at 5:45:26 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I am generally against most government interventions, restrictions, red tape, etc…. But I gotta agree with Biden on this one. Fees/prices/charges that are intentionally misleading should be banned. If I want to buy a ticket to an event I just want to know how much money it will cost me. Heck, I’d even want to know the actual price including tax! I’m not saying this will OVERALL cause prices to drop or be a TOTAL saving for consumers.

To me it is simple. Think someone mentioned it a few posts back. If there is a fee that I cannot waive under any circumstance, it is not a fee, but rather part of the price if the ticket, or hotel room, or oil change, or whatever.

Spectrum advertises (I see it 50 times a day) that ‘fees are nonsense’. I agree.
October 28th, 2022 at 6:13:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
I am numbering you as seemingly among the cheerleaders here for whatever goofball idea that comes down the line from the Biden administration. Those cheerleaders see Biden pandering for votes ... "no more fees to pay folks!" ... and you know damn well he's just pandering. Yet what crosses the mind of such a cheerleader is "wow, gotta cheer for that too" ... hey everybody, everything is free now if we will just all go "Heil Biden!"

there's no point in telling me you're not a mindless cheerleader. You have to show you are not.

What do you think the purpose of a fee system set up as more as a subtext when a customer is already conveniently 95 percent into a sale, or on location?
October 28th, 2022 at 10:17:46 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I am generally against most government interventions, restrictions, red tape, etc…. But I gotta agree with Biden on this one. Fees/prices/charges that are intentionally misleading should be banned. If I want to buy a ticket to an event I just want to know how much money it will cost me. Heck, I’d even want to know the actual price including tax! I’m not saying this will OVERALL cause prices to drop or be a TOTAL saving for consumers.

To me it is simple. Think someone mentioned it a few posts back. If there is a fee that I cannot waive under any circumstance, it is not a fee, but rather part of the price if the ticket, or hotel room, or oil change, or whatever.

Spectrum advertises (I see it 50 times a day) that ‘fees are nonsense’. I agree.

Place called IIRC Dunn Tire advertised “out the door pricing” and I bet they got more than just my business because of it. I think large players would do as well. Problem is sometimes it hey limit allowing rolling taxes to a price quote but that could be worked out.
The President is a fink.
October 28th, 2022 at 1:19:22 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Glenn Youngkin’s comment on the attack on Mr.Pelosi is reprehensible. Google it. This asshole wants to be President?