In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 23rd, 2021 at 9:17:33 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Why do the democrats support discrimination against Asian-Americans????

-The following amendment was proposed by the republicans:

PROHIBITION OF FEDERAL FUNDS FOR INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION THAT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ASIAN AMERICANS.
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no institution of higher education (as defined in section 102 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1002)) may receive any Federal funding if the institution has a policy in place or engages in a practice that discriminates against Asian Americans in recruitment, applicant review, or admissions.

The vote was as follows:

YEAs ---49
Barrasso (R-WY),Blackburn (R-TN),Blunt (R-MO),Boozman (R-AR),Braun (R-IN),Burr (R-NC),Capito (R-WV),Cassidy (R-LA),Collins (R-ME),Cornyn (R-TX),Cotton (R-AR),Cramer (R-ND),Crapo (R-ID),Cruz (R-TX),Daines (R-MT),Ernst (R-IA),Fischer (R-NE),Graham (R-SC),Grassley (R-IA),Hagerty (R-TN),Hawley (R-MO),Hoeven (R-ND),Hyde-Smith (R-MS),Inhofe (R-OK),Johnson (R-WI),Kennedy (R-LA),Lankford (R-OK),Lummis (R-WY),Marshall (R-KS),McConnell (R-KY),Moran (R-KS),Murkowski (R-AK),Paul (R-KY),Portman (R-OH),Risch (R-ID),Romney (R-UT),Rounds (R-SD),Rubio (R-FL),Sasse (R-NE),Scott (R-FL),Scott (R-SC),Shelby (R-AL),Sullivan (R-AK),Thune (R-SD),Tillis (R-NC),Toomey (R-PA),Tuberville (R-AL),Wicker (R-MS),Young (R-IN)

NAYs ---48
Baldwin (D-WI),Bennet (D-CO),Blumenthal (D-CT),Booker (D-NJ),Brown (D-OH),Cantwell (D-WA),Cardin (D-MD),Carper (D-DE),Casey (D-PA),Coons (D-DE),Cortez Masto (D-NV),Duckworth (D-IL),Durbin (D-IL),Feinstein (D-CA),Gillibrand (D-NY),Hassan (D-NH),Heinrich (D-NM),Hickenlooper (D-CO),Hirono (D-HI),Kaine (D-VA),Kelly (D-AZ),King (I-ME),Leahy (D-VT),Lujan (D-NM),Manchin (D-WV),Markey (D-MA),Menendez (D-NJ),Merkley (D-OR),Murphy (D-CT),Murray (D-WA),Ossoff (D-GA),Padilla (D-CA),Peters (D-MI),Reed (D-RI),Rosen (D-NV),Sanders (I-VT),Schatz (D-HI),Schumer (D-NY),Shaheen (D-NH),Sinema (D-AZ),Stabenow (D-MI),Tester (D-MT),Van Hollen (D-MD),Warner (D-VA),Warnock (D-GA),Warren (D-MA),Whitehouse (D-RI),Wyden (D-OR)

Not Voting - 3
Klobuchar (D-MN),Lee (R-UT),Smith (D-MN)

As you can see, every republican voted in support of the amendment and not a single democrat voted for it.

I guess that the democrats would rather suck up to the institutions of higher education than support Asian-Americans.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=117&session=1&vote=00162
Let's go Brandon
April 24th, 2021 at 2:31:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Zero reason! lol. There was enough smoke for a forest fire. There was enough quacking and looking like a duck they could have covered Lake Erie with duck feathers.

The only "smoke" was a faked dossier that has people on this forum to this day believing in some "pee tape" made by the Russians.
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2021 at 3:27:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Portland mayor declares it’s time to ‘take city back’ from Antifa

So, is it time for the "block party" to end?
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2021 at 6:48:22 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter

-The following amendment was proposed by the republicans:

PROHIBITION OF FEDERAL FUNDS FOR INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION THAT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ASIAN AMERICANS.
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no institution of higher education (as defined in section 102 of the Higher Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 1002)) may receive any Federal funding if the institution has a policy in place or engages in a practice that discriminates against Asian Americans in recruitment, applicant review, or admissions.

The vote was as follows:

YEAs ---49
Barrasso (R-WY),Blackburn (R-TN),Blunt (R-MO),Boozman (R-AR),Braun (R-IN),Burr (R-NC),Capito (R-WV),Cassidy (R-LA),Collins (R-ME),Cornyn (R-TX),Cotton (R-AR),Cramer (R-ND),Crapo (R-ID),Cruz (R-TX),Daines (R-MT),Ernst (R-IA),Fischer (R-NE),Graham (R-SC),Grassley (R-IA),Hagerty (R-TN),Hawley (R-MO),Hoeven (R-ND),Hyde-Smith (R-MS),Inhofe (R-OK),Johnson (R-WI),Kennedy (R-LA),Lankford (R-OK),Lummis (R-WY),Marshall (R-KS),McConnell (R-KY),Moran (R-KS),Murkowski (R-AK),Paul (R-KY),Portman (R-OH),Risch (R-ID),Romney (R-UT),Rounds (R-SD),Rubio (R-FL),Sasse (R-NE),Scott (R-FL),Scott (R-SC),Shelby (R-AL),Sullivan (R-AK),Thune (R-SD),Tillis (R-NC),Toomey (R-PA),Tuberville (R-AL),Wicker (R-MS),Young (R-IN)

NAYs ---48
Baldwin (D-WI),Bennet (D-CO),Blumenthal (D-CT),Booker (D-NJ),Brown (D-OH),Cantwell (D-WA),Cardin (D-MD),Carper (D-DE),Casey (D-PA),Coons (D-DE),Cortez Masto (D-NV),Duckworth (D-IL),Durbin (D-IL),Feinstein (D-CA),Gillibrand (D-NY),Hassan (D-NH),Heinrich (D-NM),Hickenlooper (D-CO),Hirono (D-HI),Kaine (D-VA),Kelly (D-AZ),King (I-ME),Leahy (D-VT),Lujan (D-NM),Manchin (D-WV),Markey (D-MA),Menendez (D-NJ),Merkley (D-OR),Murphy (D-CT),Murray (D-WA),Ossoff (D-GA),Padilla (D-CA),Peters (D-MI),Reed (D-RI),Rosen (D-NV),Sanders (I-VT),Schatz (D-HI),Schumer (D-NY),Shaheen (D-NH),Sinema (D-AZ),Stabenow (D-MI),Tester (D-MT),Van Hollen (D-MD),Warner (D-VA),Warnock (D-GA),Warren (D-MA),Whitehouse (D-RI),Wyden (D-OR)

Not Voting - 3
Klobuchar (D-MN),Lee (R-UT),Smith (D-MN)

As you can see, every republican voted in support of the amendment and not a single democrat voted for it.

I guess that the democrats would rather suck up to the institutions of higher education than support Asian-Americans.

https://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=117&session=1&vote=00162

How does the bill exactly determine who is an Asian American?
Am I an Asian American?
It's a deeply flawed bill because it's based on race yet how do you determine race.
I've been checking the other box my whole life regarding race.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 25th, 2021 at 11:04:14 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
What exactly is Elon Musk doing? Making neon tunnels?

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 26th, 2021 at 4:06:34 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: fleaswatter

Because the Asians will vote Democrat anyway.

Most Asians support the same Party, as the animals who kick the crap out of them on a daily basis.

The Democrat Party gets 77%-79% of the Asian vote.

Brutal attacks by sub-human, tax payer supported creatures against Asians have been occurring for decades. Despite that, the majority of the Asians vote for democrat candidates who are anti-police and anti-law enforcement. 70% of them voted for Cuomo and de Blasio who have released 9,000 criminals and reduced the NYS prison population 36%. Most of those ex-inmates are living on the streets of NYC. They just love Asians. The Asians vote for the same people as the animals that are stomping on their heads in the streets and subways on a daily basis. Most Asians also voted for the most liberal District Attorneys who promised not to prosecute certain crimes. Thanks partly to the Asian voters, the NYC murder rate is already up 45% and shootings are up 97% this year. People deserve what they vote for.

This Chinese bottle collector in Harlem is currently in a medically induced coma following this attack. He is probably an illegal, but if he survives and eventually becomes a citizen after Biden gives blanket amnesty, he will vote Democrat. Locals likely know the attacker, but no one will notify the police.

April 26th, 2021 at 5:15:14 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko
[

Its really due to education
Higher education is commonly pushed by Asian families
Its voting smart
its really fascinating that conservatives dont try to attract Asians

I just heard Tucker say college is a waste. Yup. Those are his listeners. Dummies. Asians too smart to fall for Tuckers BS

I used to vote republican
This one major reason Why I have not lately
Obama was the 1st Dem I voted for
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-worries-fiscal-conservatism-losing-its-rallying-cry/ar-BB1g3QHC?ocid=msedgntp
GOP worries fiscal conservatism losing its rallying cry
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 26th, 2021 at 5:48:06 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
[

Its voting smart

I just heard Tucker say college is a waste. Yup. Those are his listeners. Dummies. Asians too smart to fall for Tuckers BS

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/gop-worries-fiscal-conservatism-losing-its-rallying-cry/ar-BB1g3QHC?ocid=msedgntp

Conservatives aren't going to try to attract Asians. Don't you know that in addition to many Conservatives considering them, "Foreigners," and not, "Real Americans," that some Asians subscribe to a religion that is not based around the God of Abraham?

Conservatives are in quite a pickle, aren't they? Some of their ideas might carry weight and there might be some people on the Democratic side (currently) they could get to go along, but first they'd have to get rid of the retarded White Southern Christian Evangelicals.

Of course, if you do that, you won't have the numbers anymore even having attracted these new groups. They can't even hold Georgia, one of the bastions of Southern Baptism, anymore. It's like Sherman's March to the Sea all over again, only this time by way of election results.

Of course, it's not even worth anyone attempting to contest that Democrats are the smarter, academically, of the two parties. I'd put the top whatever percentage of Conservatives against the top whatever percentage of Democrats head-to-head and say that's probably about even, but you've got the idiot Christians seriously pulling down any possible quantitative measurables on the Conservative side.

If I had to pick a party of the two, then I'd be a Democrat. I'd rather be wrong and insane than wrong and stupid.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
April 26th, 2021 at 6:12:56 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mission146
[

Its voting smart

Conservatives aren't going to try to attract Asians. Don't you know that in addition to many Conservatives considering them, "Foreigners," and not, "Real Americans," that some Asians subscribe to a religion that is not based around the God of Abraham?

Conservatives are in quite a pickle, aren't they? Some of their ideas might carry weight and there might be some people on the Democratic side (currently) they could get to go along, but first they'd have to get rid of the retarded White Southern Christian Evangelicals.

Of course, if you do that, you won't have the numbers anymore even having attracted these new groups. They can't even hold Georgia, one of the bastions of Southern Baptism, anymore. It's like Sherman's March to the Sea all over again, only this time by way of election results.

Of course, it's not even worth anyone attempting to contest that Democrats are the smarter, academically, of the two parties. I'd put the top whatever percentage of Conservatives against the top whatever percentage of Democrats head-to-head and say that's probably about even, but you've got the idiot Christians seriously pulling down any possible quantitative measurables on the Conservative side.

If I had to pick a party of the two, then I'd be a Democrat. I'd rather be wrong and insane than wrong and stupid.

Here is a big reason Asians are turned off by Republicans
Asian families really push education
Science is really stressed.
But
The republican party is the party sceptical of science which simply drives educated Asians away.
April 26th, 2021 at 6:40:16 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

Here is a big reason Asians are turned off by Republicans
Asian families really push education
Science is really stressed.
But
The republican party is the party sceptical of science which simply drives educated Asians away.

I already said they are largely Christians.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman