In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 21st, 2021 at 12:31:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Really often you can do nothing or next to nothing. But we so many people are so arrogant they think anything can be defeated by willpower. Even the sun changing the climate, well we can just do it. I find a correlation that the more someone is an atheist the more they think that we can just do something.

In the end it is what it is.

Are you claiming Evenbob isn't aligned with many of your same views on climate, pandemic, etc,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 21st, 2021 at 12:36:28 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Tripdufan
I find a correlation that the more somebody is deeply religious the bigger idiot they are. "Hey, drink this kool aid!"

Doing "something" is a helluva lot better than thinking everything that happens is part of a plan so we should just do nothing. "It's God's plan"...tell that to the family of 4 killed by the drunk driver on Christmas Eve. Or the people inside the FedEx facility last week. Or the people in the grocery store in Colorado.

Or the 567k Americans that have died in the pandemic.

The crowd that shouts "we must do something" often causes something to be done that is worse than just doing nothing. Related to that is one of the stupidest mantras that you hear now is 'if it saves just one life it was worth it'.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
April 21st, 2021 at 12:40:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Tanko
Those people coming here in search of better lives are one reason my property values and rents both increased 36% between 2013 and 2016. If you think the costs of real estate and rents are high now, just wait.

Most of those two million new homes Biden wants to build with taxpayer money, are going to be purchased by the same big money interests that donated $3 billion to influence Washington in the last election.

“One acquisition manager told me that one of the many hedge funds he is working with is buying 500,000 residential homes,”

They are stealing the American Dream and turning the U.S. into a nation of renters, and Washington is helping them do it.

Washington is also allowing visa workers to take two-thirds of the new tech jobs each year.

Rents are so high, young couples will never be able to save for a home and build equity for retirement.

On top of that, the U.S. dollar it at a record low with regard to purchasing power. Every dollar they create out of thin air, to pay for things they can't afford, decreases the value of every pre-existing dollar.

More and more wealth is being concentrated in the hands of a few.

Blackrock (BLK), the world’s largest money management firm, with $ 9 trillion under management, and two former execs in Biden’s cabinet, reported a 49% increase in first quarter profits, thanks to low interest rates and stimulus spending.

Their real estate fund BIREX has a good YTD return.
In the collapse of 08, bankers kept 2 million foreclosed homes off of the market, some rotted away [in Florida] and were bulldosed, some in the city's were destroyed by different means, and some are still empty. To put those homes [that the banks now owned] on the market would have crashed home prices, putting millions more homes on the market. We've been bailing the banks out ever since.

Where if the guv had decided to bailout the people and give that 13 trillion or so to the homebuyers instead of the banks, the housing crisis today would be much different.

Michael Hudson has several pieces on Rentier class extraction that are easy to understand and enjoyable. https://michael-hudson.com/?s=rentier
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 21st, 2021 at 1:06:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
I find a correlation that the more somebody is deeply religious the bigger idiot they are. "Hey, drink this kool aid!"

I find it the opposite. No religious person I ever met said ripping an unborn baby to shreds is "women's health" but we are off subject.

Quote:
Doing "something" is a helluva lot better than thinking everything that happens is part of a plan so we should just do nothing. "It's God's plan"...tell that to the family of 4 killed by the drunk driver on Christmas Eve. Or the people inside the FedEx facility last week. Or the people in the grocery store in Colorado.

Or the 567k Americans that have died in the pandemic.

It is not about "thinking it is a plan." It is about understanding you are just a human which is a flea on the back of the earth. There are things you cannot control and to try is folly.

And sorry, but the people dying is what it is. You cannot stop death no matter how hard you try. The "idiot" religious people you hate understand this simple science.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2021 at 1:08:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: kenarman
The crowd that shouts "we must do something" often causes something to be done that is worse than just doing nothing. Related to that is one of the stupidest mantras that you hear now is 'if it saves just one life it was worth it'.

You do understand "correlation" do you not? EB can come to the same conclusions without sharing every view.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2021 at 4:17:32 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
April 21st, 2021 at 4:51:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: fleaswatter

People wonder why I was against BLM from the start. These are just more examples. No different than the Black Panthers of 50 years ago. Nothing but a violent, racist, marxist group.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2021 at 4:58:37 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
People wonder why I was against BLM from the start.

No, we really don’t.

That one was pretty easy to figure out.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
April 21st, 2021 at 7:37:07 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
This isn't really news, haven't found any thread where it fits and I didn't want to start a new thread.

This cat is done with the ‘woke bs"
Let's go Brandon
April 22nd, 2021 at 2:52:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Stacey Abrams curb-stomped mediocre white man Sen. John Kennedy the other day. He clearly underestimated who he was going up against.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman