In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 17th, 2020 at 1:23:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
So you are in favour of prosecuting whistler blowers then?

I am sure he is in favor of prosecuting the whistleblower who lied about the Trump phone call to Ukraine. Aren't you?
The President is a fink.
October 17th, 2020 at 1:35:58 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
So you are in favour of prosecuting whistler blowers then?

You are Canadian, so I don't know your definition of whistle blower protections.

But, yes, I am in favor of prosecuting some "whistleblowers" (such as Snowden, a position shared by both Obama and Trump so should not be controversial) if they disclose pieces of information that they should not, that damage our security.

We have :
https://www.whistleblowers.gov/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower_Protection_Act

OSHA violations are reported to the applicable agency. The WPA, refers to Federal employees only (as long as they are not disclosing classified information in their time of whistleblowing).

This is not relevant to either. This has nothing to do with whistleblowing by any normal American reference.

This was a private individual (again we don't know who because the repair shop says a medical condition prohibited from seeing....) dropping off a laptop to repair, not coming back for the laptop or paying the remaining invoice and then the private company goes through personal information on the laptop (and copies it) before calling the FBI.

The store owner says that he has such a severe visual impartment that he cannot identify a man, but can see well enough to perform detailed technical work with his hand on electronics and read thousands of pages of emails? Does any of this make sense to you? It does not to me (and it sure sounds like it does not to the FBI)…..

We will see (and I am sure that we will all respect the decision of the FBI) if there was foreign influence or political influence on this man's actions, I am not a conspiracy theorist so I will not jump to conclusions. If it turns out it is an old laptop and Hunter Biden did go in person to turn it in and never paid his invoice or responded to notifications for whatever reason, I will accept that conclusion.
October 17th, 2020 at 3:33:28 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
You are Canadian, so I don't know your definition of whistle blower protections.

But, yes, I am in favor of prosecuting some "whistleblowers" (such as Snowden, a position shared by both Obama and Trump so should not be controversial) if they disclose pieces of information that they should not, that damage our security.

We have :
https://www.whistleblowers.gov/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistleblower_Protection_Act

OSHA violations are reported to the applicable agency. The WPA, refers to Federal employees only (as long as they are not disclosing classified information in their time of whistleblowing).

This is not relevant to either. This has nothing to do with whistleblowing by any normal American reference.

This was a private individual (again we don't know who because the repair shop says a medical condition prohibited from seeing....) dropping off a laptop to repair, not coming back for the laptop or paying the remaining invoice and then the private company goes through personal information on the laptop (and copies it) before calling the FBI.

The store owner says that he has such a severe visual impartment that he cannot identify a man, but can see well enough to perform detailed technical work with his hand on electronics and read thousands of pages of emails? Does any of this make sense to you? It does not to me (and it sure sounds like it does not to the FBI)…..

We will see (and I am sure that we will all respect the decision of the FBI) if there was foreign influence or political influence on this man's actions, I am not a conspiracy theorist so I will not jump to conclusions. If it turns out it is an old laptop and Hunter Biden did go in person to turn it in and never paid his invoice or responded to notifications for whatever reason, I will accept that conclusion.

So if the worst case accusations were to turn out to be true wouldn't you agree that they would be a matter of national security?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 18th, 2020 at 4:03:16 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
Who cares what he did with his laptop? What is important is the criminal activity of the Biden family.
This is what the Left does,
try and turn the attention
away from the crimes and
point it at the messenger.
Never works, but watch
how they'll go batshit crazy
after the shop owner now.
My god, that libbie is naive af! 😂

And what makes it even funnier is that he supports people who would not only do that to Republicans, but they also make up lies all the time (Skanky Daniels, pee tape, Russia hoax, etc.)!! 🙄

Quote: Gandler
If you are not going to trust the FBI then who can you trust?
OMFG! Like I said naive af lol!

Do you remember way back in the 1990s when some couple had a scanned that could get cell signals and taped a call between IIRC Gingrich and someone else then leaked it? One of the many things the left was cool with. But now all of the sudden we have to ignore the crimes of Biden because the laptop was unclaimed property?
I remember that!! Everyone acted like they were some innocent country bumpkins. 🙄
October 19th, 2020 at 1:04:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
On FOX today Trump's campaign manager
said if the mod for the debate doesn't
ask Biden about the laptop scandal,
Trump most certainly will. He's going
to hit it hard. So far the Biden camp has
said nothing, which is the same as
admitting everything on it is true. They
have 3 days to feed Biden all the
'right' responses. Sorry, you waited too
long, there are no right responses except
'guilty'.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2020 at 1:15:03 PM permalink
Gandler
So if the worst case accusations were to turn out to be true wouldn't you agree that they would be a matter of national security?

That would be up to the FBI, not to the public or the media....

Also, "national security", I don't know, pictures of drugs and emails about buisness dealing ? At, most low level crimes and some corruption....
October 19th, 2020 at 2:20:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Homeland Security chairmen in the
Senate are looking into it. There's
a chance Biden is a security risk
and could not receive security
briefings as president.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 19th, 2020 at 2:25:21 PM permalink
Gandler

briefings as president.

That is not how it works, the President and Vice President are not required to have any security clearance and have full access upon winning.

Which is good for Trump, he probably could not get even get a "secret level" clearance (let alone top secret, imagine him on a polygraph lol....) (He probably wouldn't pass the peraonal background investigation to be a cop in Oklahoma City.....)

_Edit- I mean upon swearing in, not "winning" before somebody misquoted me-
October 19th, 2020 at 2:28:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

briefings as president.

Doesn't matter, everything will be going across Kamala's desk first.
The President is a fink.
October 19th, 2020 at 3:07:35 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Doesn't matter, everythingone will be going across Kamala's desk first.

With Kamala already on it?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin