In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

August 13th, 2020 at 7:18:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Shrek
Every sports team in America should care. But they don't. Go figure.

In the meantime, I'll just grab my popcorn 🍿 and enjoy watching them go down in flames 🔥 lol

Considering how the leagues and so many teams are falling in with the racist, violent BLM movement they may not need as many players in a few years anyhow. People are going to find other things to do with their time.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2020 at 9:04:37 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Considering how the leagues and so many teams are falling in with the racist, violent BLM movement they may not need as many players in a few years anyhow. People are going to find other things to do with their time.

People spend wayyyyy too much time
on the stupidity and uselessness
of organized sports. This might be
a good thing. Get people to do
productive things with their time.
Sports is just masturbation with
your mind, a total waste.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 13th, 2020 at 5:12:23 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Evenbob
Sports is just masturbation with your mind, a total waste.
Unless you win the bet.
August 13th, 2020 at 5:20:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Feds say Yale discriminates against Asian, white applicants

Yet again skin color is most important thing to liberals.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2020 at 5:24:08 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Feds say Yale discriminates against Asian, white applicants

Yet again skin color is most important thing to liberals.

"The Justice Department has demanded that Yale immediately stop and agree not to use race or national origin for upcoming admissions. The government also says that if Yale proposes that it will continue to use race or national origin as a factor in future admission cycles, the college must first submit a plan to the Justice Department “demonstrating its proposal is narrowly tailored as required by law, including by identifying a date for the end of race discrimination.” '

This should be the case with all universities and jobs. I am not sure how this is controversial.

Also, what does this have to do with liberals? One policy of one college is incumbent of all liberals?
August 13th, 2020 at 5:40:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler

"The Justice Department has demanded that Yale immediately stop and agree not to use race or national origin for upcoming admissions. The government also says that if Yale proposes that it will continue to use race or national origin as a factor in future admission cycles, the college must first submit a plan to the Justice Department “demonstrating its proposal is narrowly tailored as required by law, including by identifying a date for the end of race discrimination.” '

This should be the case with all universities and jobs. I am not sure how this is controversial.

Also, what does this have to do with liberals? One policy of one college is incumbent of all liberals?

It is yet another liberal institution making skin color the most important thing. Hardly the only one, they just got caught. Tell liberals you want to end affirmative action and they go nuts. They did it in 2000 when Algore said mend it don't end it. SCOTUS gave an "expiration date ruling" on it about 2003. They are now trying to bring it back to CA.
The President is a fink.
August 13th, 2020 at 5:46:47 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
It is yet another liberal institution making skin color the most important thing. Hardly the only one, they just got caught.
+100

Exactly. Libbies say that "race doesn't matter", but then they go judging students based on their race! 🙄

They did it in 2000 when Algore said mend it don't end it. SCOTUS gave an "expiration date ruling" on it about 2003. They are now trying to bring it back to CA.
He might be too young to remember those things since it was two decades ago
August 13th, 2020 at 6:16:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek
Exactly. Libbies say that "race doesn't matter", but then they go judging students based on their race! 🙄

I’m a libbie, I judge students based on their abilities.

For instance, if a student could not calculate a simple percentage, I would think they were quite dumb.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
August 14th, 2020 at 9:28:05 AM permalink
Shrek
August 14th, 2020 at 9:30:18 AM permalink
Shrek
Trump brother hospitalized in New York: Sources

Sad news. Although I'm sure there are some people out there who will give a "standing ovation" if he dies, which is classless. 😒