Unofficial count by citizenship on that plane
15 Ukranians
71 Iranians
73 Canadians
8 Swedes
6 Afghanis
4 Germans
3 Brits
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 9th, 2020 at 9:02:51 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
This thread on pprune has lots of pictures, showing what could be missile damage
https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/628650-ukrainian-aircraft-down-iran.html
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 9th, 2020 at 9:34:29 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: kenarman
Are you talking the actual number of deaths from lung cancer or the 5 year survival rate SOOPOO?

Both. But for lung cancer your question is insightful. The majority of the decrease is clearly due to a nationwide decrease in smoking.

The new 'immunologics' that are being used for a lot of cancers have increased survival across the board. I have a good friend with esophageal cancer. He had brain metastases. This diagnosis was nearly 3 years ago. He has had multiple radiation/ chemotherapies. The radiation today is 'more focused' so less peripheral damage. Same for the chemo. Today he is leading a normal life. Of course no guarantees for the future, but his doctors told him this..... Don't look at any five year survival rates as they are all outdated because no one has had these treatments five years ago......
January 9th, 2020 at 10:07:34 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
HUGE drop in lung cancer deaths, plus smaller drops in deaths from all other cancers. Combination of overall decrease in smoking and better medical technology fueled by Big Pharma R and D. Look what happens when you allow there to be huge profits for SUCCESSFUL drugs and technologies!

Um, plenty of important discoveries come from University research.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 9th, 2020 at 10:09:21 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Dalex64
This thread on pprune has lots of pictures, showing what could be missile damage
Not if the diplomats don't want it to show missile damage.
January 9th, 2020 at 10:56:40 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Or you can wait weeks to months for "free health care."

You don't get it. It's FREE! What does
it matter that you might die waiting,
it's FREE!!!!!
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 9th, 2020 at 11:53:31 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO
The radiation today is 'more focused' so less peripheral damage. Same for the chemo. Today he is leading a normal life. Of course no guarantees for the future, but his doctors told him this..... Don't look at any five year survival rates as they are all outdated because no one has had these treatments five years ago......

I remember writing software back in the 1980's to help surgeons accurately place radiation sources in peoples brains for maximum coverage of tumors with as little collateral damage as possible. We did 3D reconstructions of the brains on the computer showing the tumors and then moved different strength radioactive sources around on the computer showing the radiation patterns and exposure. Once we maximized covereage we would give the radiactive source, strength, drill points on the head, and depth of source. The surgeon would then follow the plan and implant the sources in the patient.

Although I say I remember doing this, it is probably the most important software I have ever written and something that I am the most proud of,
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 9th, 2020 at 1:07:57 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
You don't get it. It's FREE! What does
it matter that you might die waiting,
it's FREE!!!!!

Same kind of people like free health care go for the free buffet at Circus! Circus!
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2020 at 1:37:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Same kind of people like free health care go for the free buffet at Circus! Circus!

This one:

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 9th, 2020 at 5:55:04 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Sherriff back in town.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?