In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 8th, 2020 at 1:24:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Tripdufan
As far as my perceived insult to EB, I'm sorry I'm not sorry, because this is the kind of language that is used on a daily basis. "You got fooled" is attacking the writer, not the writing, right? AZ could've just said "most by far of what was dropped in the Gulf War was Vietnam surplus", but he had to throw the first part in about DRich being gullible.

If you want to moderate Mission, you got a lot of work to do, and most of it's past due. But this is an internet board with the same handful of random people talking about a divisive subject in a polarized America. Nobody came here looking for a safe place.

That being said, I'll try to do my part and tone it down.

Saying “you got fooled” is not a personal insult to any but the most delicate China cup snowflake.
The President is a fink.
January 8th, 2020 at 2:03:29 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: AZDuffman
Saying “you got fooled” is not a personal insult to any but the most delicate China cup snowflake.

I did not find it insulting and it was directed at me.

I don't recall seeing the F117-a Stealth fighters in Vietnam.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
January 8th, 2020 at 3:35:04 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: DRich

Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
January 8th, 2020 at 4:36:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: DRich
I did not find it insulting and it was directed at me.

Lets run thru this from a different angle.

Yes there was a lot of modern tech in Gulf War. However, the vast majority of tonnage were the same kind of dumb bombs used since WWII and leftover from Vietnam. The safest way to dispose of a bomb is use it as intended, so the Pentagon sent as many as they could. And a B-52 could drop way more bombs than any fighter. They used some B-2s as well, but for the most part the B-1/B-1Bs were useless taking 8 hours to reload vs. about 1 for a B-52. (This has supposedly since been fixed.)

So while I do not deny lots of new tech, lots more old tech. Lots of wars are fought with last war's leftover.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2020 at 4:32:11 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
HARVEY WEINSTEIN TRIAL:

The vehemence of Judge's rebuke of Weinstein for texting in court on Day 1, prompted defense counsel to file extreme bias motion.
January 9th, 2020 at 5:18:11 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
HUGE drop in lung cancer deaths, plus smaller drops in deaths from all other cancers. Combination of overall decrease in smoking and better medical technology fueled by Big Pharma R and D. Look what happens when you allow there to be huge profits for SUCCESSFUL drugs and technologies!
January 9th, 2020 at 5:23:55 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
HUGE drop in lung cancer deaths, plus smaller drops in deaths from all other cancers. Combination of overall decrease in smoking and better medical technology fueled by Big Pharma R and D. Look what happens when you allow there to be huge profits for SUCCESSFUL drugs and technologies!

Or you can wait weeks to months for "free health care."
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2020 at 5:31:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Look what happens when you allow there to be huge profits for SUCCESSFUL drugs and technologies!
Do you include such drugs as Lipitor with its 4000 Needed To Treat to benefit ONE Pt.
January 9th, 2020 at 7:38:14 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

Are you talking the actual number of deaths from lung cancer or the 5 year survival rate SOOPOO?
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 9th, 2020 at 8:42:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Saying Iran shot down that plane.

I thought they were just a peaceful nation?
The President is a fink.